Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: You got a donut?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Entering Fort Bush, main office, a naval Officer appears. With long measured steps she walkes to the recruitment officer. Takes a form and starts writing with military precision

Name:Judy.Jackson

1. Do you like donuts?
Well the thought of free donuts in Starbucks, appeals to me.

2. Do you like coffee?
Yes please.

3. Do you like paperwork?
I hate it!

4. Do you have any flight experience?
I am a decorated naval officer, long time freelancer with extensive combat experience, flying even capital sized ships,

5. What is the pay you expect to get from this?
Enough to repay my debts that i gained with starting my own private secruity company...

6. What hours do you expect/can you work?
I don't expect to work much, as i do have some pressing isues with my firm bankrupcy...

7. Do you have any objections to strapping yourself to a flimsy, piece o' crap Patriot, with downgraded weaponry and upgraded ejection seats?
Furthermore, do you have any objections to taking said crappy Patriot, enforcing the law o' Liberty, God, and Chuck Norris, to a mass of people that don't care one way or the other what you do?
Look here i'll be bringing in my own ship, Ageeria bomber, i have fited it to your Swat specifications, as far as patriots go, love them and hate them, but as sure as hell don't fly them...

8. Are you disgruntled?
No.
Matt jumps up from his slumbering position.

"Judy darlin'! Ya be here in front o' me, wi' da application in yer hand, and I say yes, I will marry you... I mean... err... accept you. Into... the LPI... yes, of course. But ya needa fly a Patriot, ya fooh woman."
Here is my application form for the LPI, still got about 3 Millions on other char. waiting for transfer. Can't wait to fly my Patriot !! (also just made a nice signature for my character) :D

1. Do you like donuts?

- Off course, who doesn't like them ?! (get the controls a little sticky tho)

2. Do you like coffee?

- I prefer it intravenous, it burns a little but it works better ! (dont drop it on ship controls !)

- Paper what ?! guess I can live with it...

- Sure do sir, I'm a natural planet crasher ! Ejecting is like a second nature for me !

- Woot ?! We DO get paid ??

- flexible "shifts" sir ! (ooc: this will be my only character, I'm GMT-5)

7. Do you have any objections to strapping yourself to a flimsy, piece o' crap Patriot, with downgraded weaponry and upgraded ejection seats? Furthermore, do you have any objections to taking said crappy Patriot, enforcing the law o' Liberty, God, and Chuck Norris, to a mass of people that don't care one way or the other what you do?

- Well, I used to get puked on by total strangers in my last space paramedic functions, so I guess I can handle it ! Besides, I love the Patriot/Liberator design !

8. Are you disgruntled?

-No ! Well, I guess I'm not !

It had been a bad day for Tom, his wife had packed pork luncheon meat sandwhiches for lunch, despite the fact she knew he hated pork luncheon meat. It was all a ploy to make him end his tortured existence, he knew it, but he'd be damned if he'd give her the satisfaction.

Then there was this joker.

"Character?" "3 million credits" Sounded like geek talk to Tom and if there was one thing he couldn't abide, besides his wife, it was geeks. They'd annoyed him at school, they still annoyed him now.

Taking care to avoid waking the sleeping hulk at the other desk, he quietly walked behind the potential recruit.

"Remeber this?" He asked as he grabbed the fellows boxer elastic and gave him a wedgie he'd never forget, dragging him out by his underwear Tom delivered his signature kick to the rear end...

//Please don't use OORP anywhere in your application, you're free to try again.

Wow, try again ?

Just been called a joker and a geek in the same post, without mentionning that I got a wedgie on the way... and yeah, if you dont appreciate a sig. no need to mention it in such a rude manner, I was pretty proud of it.

Nothing personnal here, just tired of being called names, RP or not (anyway this post will surely be deleted) but I'm quite disappointed by the reply and attitude.. thinking this was a nice place.. wrong, so wrong..

here, signature gone, hope it makes you happy...
Tumbleweed blows through the office, and a maid comes in and turns Matt to the light, being very careful to water him at the roots.
Shaking his head some he laughs a bit at the quiz as he looks it over, moving to sit down with a clipboard to answer it. This was great, finally a chance to do something other than move goods from one place to another with seemingly endless boredom. Hell maybe he could even pass this quiz if he put his mind to it. He thought to himself as he looks the questions over and begins to jot down his answers.

1. Do you like donuts?
Yes but only if they're Krispy Kreme and hot. Give me plain old glazed or none at all.

2. Do you like coffee?
Yes as long as its coffee flavored coffee. Anything else and you can keep it. because I highly doubt Juan Valdez the 32nd is in the Colombia system picking maplenut crunch coffee beans.

Not particularly, but I can handle doing it on occasion.....sometimes....okay I hate it, but if you're paying me I can do some paperwork.

I'm a trained transport pilot, who's getting bored moving things from point a to point b.

We get paid? Sweet. Ohh uhmm....hmmm...besides a hard time right?

Pretty much if I'm awake I can work. But dont let that get too public. Dont wanna seem like an overachiever.
7. Do you have any objections to strapping yourself to a flimsy, piece o' crap Patriot, with downgraded weaponry and upgraded ejection seats? Furthermore, do you have any objections to taking said crappy Patriot, enforcing the law o' Liberty, God, and Chuck Norris, to a mass of people that don't care one way or the other what you do?

Nope sounds like a good time to me.

8. Are you disgruntled?
Not quite yet, but given time I could possibly become so.

Pilot Matthew Hammer
Almost as soon as Matthew's pen leaves the paper, Matt Myer's hand darts out like a striking snake, grabbing the paper and shoving it into his desk, which is already bulging with papers. His snore had never broke, nor had his eyes ever opened.

Tom Jonas, the towering hulk of fat that was so large it might as well be muscle sneaked up on Matthew, grabbed him by both shoulders, and said in a booming voice that should have woken Matt up (but didn't):

"Just what we like, a person that can learn to be disgruntled." His face darkens and becomes deadly serious. "You're gonna be disgruntled if I have to give you wedgies day-in and day-out, and feed you your own gym socks."

Matthew's questions of how Jonas knew what was on the paper were overridden by Jonas pushing him out the door and yelling "YOU'RE HIRED!"

Just before sitting down Rob steals a last glance over at the source of snores. Once down in the chair he notices that it's not very comfortable, he also notices that the pen he got has bitemarks in it. Trying to ignore it all thinking that first-impressions aren't everything he looks down on the paper in his hand. The first questions startles him, the second makes him wonder what he's doing here. The third question however peaks his interest, apparantly they atleast keep some semblance of order in their paperwork, otherwise why would they care if applicants enjoy it or not. With doubt if this is really what he should be doing he starts filling the form out. Hopefully once he's out doing his duty this will just be remembered as a fun way of reading what a person really is like. With that thought he sneaks a second glance around the room trying to locate the hidden cameras obviously studying him. He thinks he sees two, but can't be certain, they're good he reminds himself and one shouldn't be able to see them. With renewed vigour he tries to keep his sarcasm to a minimum as he continues to fill out the form.

1. Do you like donuts?
In my personal time I wouldn't mind having one or two. During work-hours I will stay focused on my assignment and as such will stay away from them.
2. Do you like coffee?
Once again, when not working, or during our scheduled breaks or pauses I will not be a stranger to a cup of black coffee.
Yes. I will make sure to fill out every last paper that is needed.
I have a 600 hours in simulation and 200 hours in a training ship.
I was under the impression we got free quarters and food and enough to provide us with entertainment during our free hours.
I will work when I am needed. All I require is a few hours sleep now and again.
If I am assigned such a task, then that is what I will do. I will fulfull it as well as I can and I will fill out all the needed paperwork upon completion of said assignment.
8. Are you disgruntled?
After filling out this application I might be slightly disgruntled. However, that is only my own fault as I was expecting something else walking in here and this has taken me by surprise.

After filling out the paper and reading through it twice just to make sure it is all in order he realizes nowhere is his name written, quickly scrabbling a "Rob Lino" up in the right corner he considers himself finished.. While walking up to the desk where he got the application he notices the officer in charge is still sound asleep and as such places himself infront of the desk with his application in his right hand content with waiting this one out. After half an hour he starts wondering if he should just leave it on the desk, but after putting some thought to it decides it will look better if he can hand it in himself so he continues to wait.
The alarm clock in Matt's head that said "You have slept 22 hours, please wake for your mandatory 2 hours of consciousness" went off, and he came to. Some fool with a paper in his hand looks like he's put down roots, his eyes with bags and his fist occasionally going into his mouth to stifle a snore. Matt snatches the paper from his hand and reads it over.

"Oi, Jonas! Look at dis! He gonna be da person dat does our paperwork!"

Somehow the entire squadroom heard it, and a party started on the spot. The kegs were produced from their designated hiding spots, Baxter's mound of paperwork was TP'd, and Cesar had one too many drinks and started suggesting they play strip poker.

In other words, you're hired.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5