Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Trials of Jesus Malverde.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Link to Jesus Malverde character introduction Post #46.

Link to Prior Jesus RP Post #5

Jesus Malverde never left the ship when landing on planet Crete. He did not like the menacing way people stared at him when walking around the space port, and assumed, that his physical features reminded them of something the Corsairs did not like.

He had agreed to make the food runs to Crete because two of his crew had distant relatives living on the planet. It was his way of keeping his crew happy. Once every trimester, they would take 9 or 10 days, and supply and visit the stations and homeworlds his crew might have family on.

For most of his Cuadrilla, family simply consisted of an ugly barmaid they enjoyed giving money to, lost out in some distant outpost like Pecos or Freeport 14. These "Family Supply" runs gave the crew the needed downtime after tense weeks of trying to stay off the grid while transporting "Goods" from one hostile place to another.

Coming to planet Crete always had its delicate moments. Entering the system was always touch and go, and no matter how friendly the situation seemed, Malverde knew there was not one moment inside Corsair space that he did not have a weapon locked on him, ready to blow him and his ship full of food rations up at the smallest of provocations.

Once planet side, Jesus would fall into his "Crete" routine. First, give the exterior of the ship a once over, avoid any direct stares from the dock workers, and second, retreat to his bunk to nurse his hangover from 8 days of free drinks, compliments of a grateful crew.

"....(Knock...knock...knock)....Jefe..wake up...something you need.."

"Me cago in la Madre chingada...Wut is it now Orlando?...Can you not let a pobre hombre have a moments rest.." Jesus had just managed to doze off. He found it harder to sleep station/planet side with all the repair crew noises in the back ground, and much preferred to fall sleep to the hum of his cruise engines in the vacum of space. His pounding head was not helping his waking mood.

"Si...lo siento Capitan...but..we have had our Ships ID systems hacked.." Orlando's tone was one of disbelief.

"Orlando...if i get up, and come out there, and dis is a Joke? A funny broma?...I am going to leave you here wit dat ugly 4th cousin of yours we came to visit." Jesus did not even bother to lift his head off his pillow, all of the information taking its time to process its way through the cobwebs left by days of living off of nothing but Ale.

"Sister.."

"What? Sister? Who's sister?....hack....HACKED?" Malverde barked out annoyed, incorporating himself and putting on his shoes, now worried that something was very wrong, a Hacked ID can get you into a lot of trouble.

"Sister Jefe...We came to visit my sister... Daniella, not my cousin...my cousin Ester now, she lives on Cadiz.."

"Ok...Ok...sister...whatever...oh...and what a beauty your sister is by the way Orlando" Malverde lied, he did not want Orlando think himself insulted, he threw on the first shirt he could find in the pile by the foot of his bunk. "Now...what is this Hacking of ships systems you talk about it?" Jesus got up, strapped on his Detroit Munitions PSR-3 "Perforator" Semi-Automatic Pistol and opened the door to his cabin.

"Really? You think so? Beautiful? No one ever say that about my sister?...Hey.. You want Jefe, I can get you a date with her, cost you notting Capitan...for you...its Gratis."

"Hack Orlando...wat is dis about a Hack?" Malverde stood in the doorway, his face showing his displeasure and the effects of a crew induced drinking binge.

"Ah yes...yes....si Capitan...Mira.." Orlando turned and headed toward the ships bridge. He looked back over his shoulder at his Captain. "...you know senor, you don't need de weapon..you are on the ship.."

"I am on planet Crete Orlando..and much respects to you and your family Orlando, but I keep my gun wit me..." Jesus let shine a big grin and he placed his hand on the grip of his pistol. The moment was broken by them both entering the ships bridge.

"Si..bien...Dis morning, when I wake up....I check de systems, and somehow it seems that the Ships Licenses, and transponder frequency have been changed...even the name of the ship is different Capitan...."

Malverde pushed Orlando gently to one side. Fighting off the fog of his hangover he input his authentication codes into the ships computer.

"What are you talking about Orlando...the papers and frequencies we had for this ship were clean..I didn't ask you to buy new papers, especially not on Crete.." Jesus perplexed, as he typed in some more keystrokes and waited for the Ships registration logs to show up..

"No ...Jefe....I did not do anyting or change anyting....But...Have you ever heard of the [IND] before jefe?

"[IND]? No...why?" Jesus looking at the blank screen waiting for the correct data base to load up.

"Because ...Jefe..."

The Screen Jesus is looking at flickers to life.
Registered
Pilot : Lee Ramos
Ship Class :<strike>Firefly</strike> Akageta
Designation : Transport
Armament : <strike>10</strike>xtransport3......

Jesus stared at the screen as he ran some checks and saw that everything was correctly done....the Transponder frequencies and ID were legit...they would pass any scan. He wondered if this was a good thing or a bad thing and who was this IND that his ship was now registered to. His train of thought broken by his chief engine room monkey.

"You sure you don't want me to go talk to my sister, Jefe?"
Content of Transmision to [IND] post #19

"..WHAT are you thinking Orlando, me cago en todo that is unholy...ORLANDO...did you see what you just did?" Jesus was loosing his composure.

" What Jefe?...I send the message, like you said, so we can see if its Valid....Si?"

"Yes....Orlando, Yes...but you fishish it with 'Saludos, Jesus'...Es que you don't have a cerebro Orlando?...Now if it WAS a valid ID it will NOT be anymore..."

"So? wass the problema Capitan?"

"I AM SUPPOSED TO BE SOMEONE NAMED LEE RAMOS, and you sign it Jesus....what to we tell them now? Uh...you tell me what do we tell who ever calls us Now?"

"Easy Jefe....Its your middle name...whos gonna know?"

Jesus thought about it. It seemed as easy as any other lie to tell, and he agreed with a grunt. He made the decision to leave Crete as fast as he could. He did not want to get caught on Crete with bad Ship papers and no spares.

"Go get the ship ready and call the Crew in, we leave in an hour." Jesus sat down in his captains chair. One way or the other it was time to move and fast.

"So, you DONT want me to go talk to my sister for you Jefe?" Orlando saw Jesus Malverde reach and grip his side arm and knew that today was not a good day to push the Jefes buttons.
"Can you Hack it? Orlando? Tell me if you can hack the registration?"

"Si Capitan...doing it now.."

Malverde was trying his hardest to come to grips with his new situation in the universe. Hours before he had taken his ship out to a GMG station in the Sigmas, to try and talk a bartender friend into adjusting his frequencies with Junker ships and stations. Having no luck, they were moving through kusari space heading to Coronado and Barrier Gate when they were attacked by a Hogosha in a Fighter. They had no choice but to defend themselves.

Malverdes ship took two antimatter torpedo hits, rendering much of the lower decks useless. It was decided that he would trade his old ship in on a new one. He managed to make it to planet Junyo and found a used ship dealer to take his ship in on trade no questions asked. He just wanted to make sure the ships logs didn't reflect any changes. Now on Barrier Gate station, on board a used Akageta class transport, the final hacks to the ships logs were put into place.

"See Captain..." Orlando pointed to the screen...

Trasnponder
ID :[IND]
Ship Name :[IND]Derived.Demand
Registered
Pilot : Lee Ramos
Ship Class :Akageta Civilian
Designation : Transport
Armament : 10xtransport3...

"...its clean...No way anyone gona find out we blew a Hogosha out of the sky."

"Pull up the transmission logs..." Malverde wanted to make sure this didn't come back to bite him.

"Si Jefe..."

[Image: screen312.th.png]

"Bien...make a copy...and keep the copy off the internal systems, and then purge the communications records." Malverde had given the Hogosha plenty of chances to leave the fight, he did not feel guilty about leaving him in a life Pod floating in space.

"Si Jefe...whats next Capitan." Orlando began typing into the keyboard.

"I'm going down to the bar on the lower decks..see if i can get some clean frequencies for the Outcast and Rouges, after that we head to Pecos and square this new ship away." Malverde already missed his old Firefly, but...having 12 guns did make him silently smile to himself.
On board the Derived Demand, the communications terminal beeped three times and a computer screen flickerd to life.

....Delivery Contract to be completed....

Client : Above your pay grade
Destination: Arranmore

List of Supplies

Basic Alloy: 25.000 units
Pharmaceuticals: 10.000 units
Food Rations: 10.000 units
Mining Machinery: 5.000 units

The supplies must be delivered in 7 days.

End Transmission......

Jesus Malverde, tapped the screen and looked over the orders. "and where in the infierno of Zatan is this base Arra....Arranmore?" Malverde struggling to pronounce the word.

"One second Jefe...I look it up for you..." Orlando typing in some keystrokes. "Oh por Dios...you gonna like dis Jefe...", and passed the file over to Malverdes captains screen...

Arranmore Base known Information

Malverde let out a slow hiss. The only times he had been in the company of Mollys it never ended well.
"Hijo de la gran....You must kidding me."

"No Capitan...the orders are confirmed."

"Bien then...Caballeros...we need the money...we take the job. Orlando, get us off this frozen planet and back closer to the sun....any sun." Pecos climate was not agreeable with Jesus Malverde, but it was one of those places no one ever thinks to look for you, he was always happy to leave. "...And someone open some bottles, if we do this...we do this very Relajado."
Malverde sat and admired the view from his new ship, and that is about all he could admire about it. It didn't take long once they left Pecos to understand that the ship was on its last days. The superstructure was cracked in two places and welded back together. The Engine core had maybe 3 months left on it before it gave out and to top it all off the NavMap database had been lost.

"But you tell me Orlando....why did you purge all of the information?" Malverde irritated.

Orland sat silently with his back to Malverde. It had been his mistake yes, but he was only an engine mechanic, flying the ship . "Jefe...lo siento..but...I know al little about a lot of things..but I am no experto ...sabes?"

"ya...ya....vale...But, the nest time you make...." Malverde annoyed at being cut off mid sentence.

*Computer Voice* Incoming Ship to Ship Transmision...

"..and will somebody please shoot the computer voice..por los infiernos de Zatan...If I hear it one more time...I am going to shoot someone." Malverde had one more annoyance to deal with, the computers automated systems where also fried...it seemed the ship did odd things at odd times.

IMG|Peter.Banks: Greetings, IND shipper! Lets see whether pirateville is clear today. *smiles*

"Pirateville...what does he mean by pirateville...a city for pirates?" Malverde confused by the Reference.
"No Jefe...we go into California from New York, its a very famous place for pirates.." Orlando is cut off...

"And you bring us this way...What is wrong with you.." Malverde forced a hiss of disbelief through his teeth.

"Jefe...it is safe...seguro Jefe...you just to use to traveling by jump holes....you need to say something Jefe." Orlando pointing at the communications console on the captains console by his chair. "We want to pretend to be who they think we are." Orland knew the mechanical condition of the ship was very bad, but he did not want to tell Malverde just how bad and make things that much worse, but he Orlando grimaced every time they passed a jump gate/

Malverde hit the comm button on his chair.

Malverde: Si....ah....yes...yes..of course

Orlando threw his palm to his forhead, pointed and looked at his boss as if to say...The microphone is on. Malverde reacted and let go. He was tired of running on no information. It was a new way of doing business, He would have to learn its ways, top on his learning list was more information on who it was he was now working for.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: So...Mister...easy trip no?

IMG|Peter.Banks:Indeed, yes. Very calm today

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: So...Mister....you have a lot of contact...business with [IND]?

IMG|Peter.Banks: Not alot...I think...I am not sure wherether the IMG has any deals, but if there is an interest in our goods, ores mainly then contact us.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Oh...Si...Si...I will call you...yes...buena Suerte IMG.

IMG|Peter.Banks; Are you part of the Maltan Shippers?

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Maltan Shippers? oh ...no...por Dios..I would not be caught dead anywhere near Malta...Mister...its very Dangerous...

*ComputerVoice* "LinkTerminated"

Malverde let out a sigh of relief. Some of his best former clients were from Malta. "What happened..where did he go?" Malverde asked, glad to not have been painted into a box by too many questions.

"I don't know Jefe....dis ship....it do what it wants..." Orlando trying hard to concentrate on properly lining up the jump hole and making the transition as smooth as possible to ease the shock to the ship.

Once through, on the other side of the hole, they took a second to make sure they were all in one place and time.

"Jefe...we have another small issue." Orlando said not wanting to add straw on already broken back.

"Issue? That is what you want to call it now? Issue? What is the PROBLEMA now Ornaldo?...what?...toilets backing up? Life support going down? What?" Malverde throwing his hand up in the air in frustration.

"No Jefe...worse....we don't have any coordinates for this.... Arranmore base here in Dublin....I ...don't know where it is." Orlando concentrating on dodging asteroids.

Malverde just sat there blank and defeated. Asking for directions in space is not very wise. You never know who you are talking to. Before he could think of a solution.

*Computer Voice*"Incoming Transmission"

Malverde rolled his eyes back into his head and let his chin fall to his chest.

Richard.Head: Hello
Richard.Head: Need a fillu
p

Malverde needed more than just a fill up..he needed to find that Molly base and find it on the sly.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: No...Thank you...Mister...Gracias...so Mister...you do what around a here in this system?

Richard.Head:I offer trade ship ore

Richard.Head: Theres good money in it

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Ah...bien....so you are a miner ....yes...I see...So, do you know of any Molly stations that I should stay away from?

Richard.Head: There is one in this system

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: oh...do you know its location....so...I know to stay away?

Richard.Head: If my info is correct it is in the sector c5, but Mollys are good people, they often offer us protection against pirates.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: As long as they are Holding the Gun...Yes..they are good people....Well.. Thank you for the information...I will make sure I use it.

Richard.Head: They are only fighting for their independence and from my experience they don't start the fights.

Malverde laughed out loud..Some of the best fight he had seen had been started and finished by Mollys.

Richard.Head: Ok sir, fly safe.

Malverde still laughing at the miners statement, and caught in the moment he hit transmit button one last time.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Money gives one Independence....an old corsair hooker told me that one time....Politics is for children....and Gracias again Mister.

The Derived Demand had just jumped into Magellan from the Leeds jump hole. Orlando did not like having to fly such a big ship through the asteroids, much less take jump holes in the condition the ship was in.

"Jefe...you must start to take the lanes and gates..This ship...she not gonna hold together much longer." he said concentrating on looking for clear space between building size boulders.

"Gates...Lanes...Gates....Lanes....bla bla bla....I Hear this all before...Yada yada." Malverde hated to take the crew back to school. "Do you know how much money we made dis last run? No?..Do I pay you? Yes...Yes?." He paused for effect, letting his words sink in. "I make no money last run muchachos...but you all...You...eat...and drink...and I pay you....Yes? So you can play with your ugly hookers Yes?....SO..IF I SAY TAKE A DAMN HOLE Orlando....please do it, we cannot afford to be scanned with what we are carrying, and I don't trust the Lanes and Gates not be reporting our contents to the Authorities."

**ComputerVoice** Warning Possible hostile contact...

"What? where?" Malverde knew this was the worst place to be caught with his pants down. They would never make it to the California gate. He looked over to the crewman in charge of running the sensors looking for some input.

"Well, where and what is it?" Malverde asked with one eye closed.

"Sir...reading contact...is 12k away...Frequencies indicate that the vessels name is Ryujo..nothing else its to far out still to get anything else" The man at the sensors could not be more than 20 and it was his third trip with Malverde. Malverde made it a point to not learn anyones name until they had been on his ship for at least 3 months.

"Keep heading for the gate...if we detect a Missile, launch the counter measures" Malverde enjoyed a good cat and mouse game, but he did not like being the mouse.

"Jefe, you forget....dis ship has no missile defence..no countermeasures" Orlando keep one eye on the scanners and one eye on the view ahead of him.

"For de love of all dat is holy...why did you force me to buy dis ship Orlando?" Malverde had indeed forgotten that one little detail about his new ship.

"Target 9.8k away...scans show it being a Trident...ahh Captain, and its using Hessian radio frequencies...target closing fast...7.9k...no contact from from the ship.. moving in fast...6.2k....5.4k" The Sensor operator said squinting at his screens as if to will it to scan further away. "Almost in range for cruise disruptors"

"How far away is the Freeport?" Malverde trying to make calculations in his head.

**ComputerVoice** Incoming Missile..Warning Incoming Missile

"Freeport is 26k away Capitan." Orlando said boosting the over used ship engines to their limit.

"Set a course for the Freeport but don't head to it till you hear the cruise disruptors explode..if we are still moving after that then make for the Freeport."

Orlando understood, turning now could cut down the range between the missiles and the ship and stop them for sure, out running the engine killing projectiles was the only choice they had.

"Let's hope this Pendejo bought the cheap kind" Malverde looked to be enjoying himself. They felt the vibrations and through the rear docking camera Malverde saw a flash at under 2k away, behind them. "Now, Orlando course change now...take us to the Freeport."

They all held silent for a few seconds, letting fate decide what was next, as they had done all they could do to keep themselves out of harms way.

"Target not closing as fast Jefe...4.6k and holding Capitan"

"Send out a dock request to the Freeport." Malverde could see the freeport grow larger before him, they were within the Freeport No Fire Zone, but that was known to not be respected at times. "Anything from this funny guy who shoots at us?" The ship dropped out of Cruise and negotiated into holding pattern waiting to dock.

"No capitan...He is now 300m behind us now..No hails..No contact...looks like he is respecting the NFZ."

"Scan him....and hack his logs I want to find out what he has on him, and do it quick."

"Si jefe...scan complete..sending it to your terminal."

[Image: screen348.th.png]

**ComputerVoice** Warning Possible hostile contact..

"What now? Little green men?'' Malverde laughed and was feeling triumphant. He was not worried, they were in the docking lane, 30 seconds from pulling into the hangars.

"No captain...looks...like.....The comm signals indicate BPA ships sir 12k away." The sensor operator relived to almost be inside the station. "Catching a transmission on the Open Local Comms channel Jefe."

" Well looks like we got here just in time....Put it on the speakers" Malverde smiled. They were still to far for them to scan him, he felt again in his element. Maybe working for these IND people may not be so bad after all.

[Image: screen349.th.png]
The docking bay doors closed making a seal and once void was filled with pressure. The transmissions fading off as the stations shields came back online surrounding the hangar bay around them.
The Derived Demand was passing Planet Los Angeles. Malverde was in the Galley with the ships cook. "You buy garbage with the money I give you...look at this....this is not a salad...this....this is a Vegetable massacre...these radish...it must be 3 years old" He held a plate in his hand raised to the height of the cooks neck, right under his chin. "You know..

"Jefe..." Orlando's voice breaking his verbal tirade.

"What is it? Orlando...I'm busy teaching the Cook what a vegetable does not look like." Malverde was annoyed at having been interrupted in the middle of such a good chewing of ass.

"...We have an Incoming Transmission...Jefe..."

"Si...voy...I am on my way." He lets the plate drop on the floor. "You...are lucky...Food is the only good thing a crew can have on a ship...and you are messing with the crew...I am saving your life Cook...you try to feed them this to many times more and they will put you in the Toxic Waste tank and flush you into space." Malverde reached into his inside breast pocket and pulled out a stack of credits. "Here...next place with a decent Market we land at, you buy the best of the best..no skimping."

Malverde turned and headed towards the ships control room. The crew had come to him with the problem of the food. It was the captains responsibility to settle all the issues, and he did enjoy being able to look angry and be dramatic.

"Tell me Orlando..what is it?" Malverde reaching the bridge and taking his seat.

"Here Jefe..I put it on the speakers for you."

Skidbladnir: Guten Tag, herr kapitan. I undestand your organization can aquire any item for the right price.

"What is he talking about? Organization how big IS dis IND...it sounds like he wants to smuggle something." Malverde looked at his navigator.

"Jefe...you can always tell him to call the main office during regular business hours." The crew let out a small laugh in unison.

"Si...jeje..Open a channel back." Malverde was about to hit the transmit button.

"Jefe..Lee Ramos...remember to say Lee Ramos.."

"Si Si Orlando.." He waved him off dismissively "I know who I have to be ..pendejo.." he hit the transmit button.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Dis is Lee Ramos of the Derived Demand..yes...we can do business..but contact the corporate office on the Neural Net.

Skidbladnir: Very well, Herr Ramos.

The Transmission was cut abruptly. The ship had been having a number of issues. His crew reassured him that this time it was not the ships fault.

They came upon the Cali->Magellan gate, made the jump safely and were on the lanes to the Freeport.

"Picking up local comm chatter from around the station" Orlando was slowly getting use to the ships pains and groans, and was more relaxed. If the ship was gonna have a catastrophic failure it would have done so by now.

"Si? well put it on the speaker...anything to kill the boredom." Malverde "and someone open some Ale for everyone."

Seylah.Careynah: Greets, mates.
Seylah.Careynah: Anyone Feel like Hauling Iridium
Gear_Jammer: wotch mate, Hows it going.
Seylah.Careynah: Not bad on my way to kansas....lots of Iridium..

"Open a channel.." Jesus requested.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Lee Ramos here...another time...at the moment...I am on an assingment...

The crew laughed. Malverde was getting good at sounding official, or at least he and his crew thought so. The Akageta exited the Lane in front of the freeport. "Set a course for the Leeds Jump Hole." Malverde ordered. From here on out it was off the lanes and back to his style of flying.

GearJammer: Sure...watch for hackers though...got caught a while ago...Safe flight.

Malverde hit the transmit button, keeping his response sweet and short and already looking for problems in the distance. In this part of space there were many burnt out ship hulls, to no be paying attention.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Same to you...

GearJammer: New London here I come.

**Computer Voice**Warning Possible Hostile Contact.

"Nothing on the sensor Jefe, ship scanner is down again...but...I got a far off transmsision. Reading two signals captain...one is unknown, but the other ship...Jefe..It matches our new frequencies."

"What? Another IND ship?" Malverde asked and leaned forward looking deep into space.

"Si Jefe...."

"Put it on the speakers..."

Horrible_Hone:....but ye aint now....so.....Ill go easy on ye.....an...since it is refugees...Ill jus tax ye 1 mill.....

The crew could see the ears of Jesus Malverde turn blood red. He did not like people who pirated refugee ships, remembering a small part of his childhood.

"Power up the weapons, turn off everything not necessary, full power on all navigation and combat systems." The cook brough him a cold bottle of Ale, which he took and drank half of.

"Scanner is still down..I don't know what or where they are Jefe."

Malverde had been staring at one spot for the last 30 seconds. "I don't need a stinking scanner....if that is not the fat ass of a bretonian Shire transport then I am not The Great Jesus Malverde." He stood pointing to the 11 o'clock position. "Take us there Orlando, rapido."

Horrible_Hone: Oh Look...another one....where ye headed derived.

"Local link established Jefe between ship...the ship is the Fatal Eviction Jefe...IND ship just like us..."

"Bien..open a channel" Malvered sat back down in his captains chair.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Dis is LeeRamos of the Derived.Demand...Fatal.Eviction do you need assistance?

The crew of the Derived waited in silence, when over the speakers a voice broke through.

[IND]Fatal.Eviction: Just give him his Million

Horrible_Hone: The Fek?

Horrible_Hone: a Gallian?

"Gayun? What is this GayUn? What is this man trying to say?" Malverde asked out loud to no one in particular.

"Maybe they think you are ..you know...Funny captain."

"What funny?..how funny?...can we scan his ship yet?"

"No Capitan scanner still not working...you know Jefe..Gay like man with man..you know.."

"Ah....siiiii....now I understand." Malverde and the rest of the crew stood clued to the speaker waiting for the next installment in this cheap opera.

[IND]Fatal.Eviction: I am the Gallic actually....Just trying to hide it.

"Ok...so mister pirate likes to pick on refugee transports and men with taste of a different nature who have not come out of the closet...big strong pirate he his.." Malverde laughed and his crew most amused by the situation.

Horrible_Hone: Whatever...get goin you....

"Jefe....I ...think he...just ...told you to leave."

Malverde reaction was quick. Just who did this pirate think he was dealing with. He was the Great Jesus Malverde. He hit the transmit button.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Hijo del la chingada...really....OK...I pay

The crew of the Derived Demand was silent and somewhat taken back...this was not like any other hijacking they had ever seen or been a part of.

Horrible_Hone: Wha?....erm....Pay?....Thas good....2mill please

"Send him 200,000 not 2 Million" Malverde ordered. Pirates were know drinkers and druggies, half the time they never checked how many zeros came after the number 2.

Horrible_Hone:This fella speak English? thas 200k not 2mill

"I know what I sent you, pendejo" Malverde hiss between his teeth. He hit the transmitter.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Der...is dat the amount Senyor?

Horrible_Hone: Non....es ist tres bad

"What?...What language is this now?" Malverde perplexed
"I don't know Jefe...Maybe its the language of the gay ones, like he was saying" Offered Orlando, amused at this chapter in piracy.

Horrible_Hone: 2000000

Finally a language they all understood, numbers. Malverde thought about it quickly. He knew nothing of who he was now working for. The sister ship next to him was full of refugees. Between them they had over 20 guns, but...it was to much risk. Malverde hit the transmit button once again.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Ahhhhhh...Ok...Disculpas....amigo..

"Send him the rest, and lets be done with this low life motherless urchin." Malverde ordered.

Horrible_Hone: The Fek....IND used t ha class...seems they let in any riff raff these days

"Riff Raff? What? Who is riff raff? If he comes with in range of our guns...Light him up....I've taken enough insults from this leech." Malverde let out in a bark of angry venom.

[IND]Fatal.Eviction: Mr. Ramos....

Horrible_Hone: Cheers...you weirdo...Now Fatal...

"Target is locked...he is an easy shot Jefe." Orlando said hitting some buttons.

"Si...fire on my order" Malverde said coldly.

[IND]Fatal.Eviction: You know ...el perro es muy amable y el gato que Falta

"Hold the order don't shoot...did the Fatal.Eviction just speak to us in the language of the old ones?" asked Malverde.
"Si Jefe...I think so..strange yes?"
"Si Orlando...si...very strange...but I don't know what he is trying to say...Friendly dog and a missing cat?" Confusion almost overtaking Malverde.

Horrible_Hone: Fill me up wi bats will ya

Malverde hit the transmit button on his chair.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: A este si quieres se le Mata....
(if you want...this one we can kill)

He waited for a sign to take this space punk down.

Horrible_Hone: ?? I wan 7 please.

[IND]Fatal.Eviction: Hard times.....el Gato que faltaaaaaaaaaaa

Horrible_Hone: 7!

"Jefe...I think the Fatal.Eviction is being hacked into, I am getting some strange readings from both ships."

"Bien...ok..." Malverde limited himself to repeating what was just said to him.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Si...Hard times...
[IND]Fatal.Eviction: I speeeekte vietnamese

"Si Jefe...they are being hacked or they have a communications failure." Orlando doing his best to keep his captain up to date on tactical information.

Horrible_Hone: cant ye count?

[IND]Fatal.Eviction: MY COUNSOULE BUGG

Malverde decide he would give the Pirate one last chance to be gone and onto other business.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: We Pay you...now...do right by the code and leave us to go....

Horrible_Hone: I only wan 7 nanobots......Fekkin Freaks....Ye all Crazy...

"Jefe...hostile ship is leaving the area...moving out of range." Orlando was doing this visualy.

"Bien...keep an eye on him...and work on getting the scanner up and running." Malverde sat and listened to the speakers. "Put in a course for the leeds hole."

[IND]Fatal.Eviction: MUY AMABLE

Horrible_Hone: The FEK?

[IND]Fatal.Eviction: EL Gato

[IND]Fatal.Eviction: PERRO

The chatter on the local comms continued. Malverde not sure what to make of the situation, the only thing he was interested in is getting his ship back on the move. He tapped the transmit button again.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Si....have a nice Funeral.....amigo...

**Computer Voice** Incoming Secure Transmission

A voice, clear and precise came over the speaker and then all communications were lost.

[IND]Fatal.Eviction: let's move before he goes full Mad

"Jefe...the Fatal.Eviction is heading to the Freeport, do we follow them?"

"No...they have no damage..they are fine...we go and quick...If we stay...we have to answer questions that I have no response for....Lets get this Pharma to where it needs to go and then decide our next move....Head to the Lead Jump hole." Malverde sat deep in thought the rest of the way. He did not know so many things. He did not like that sensation. He needed more information.

"Jefe...Arranmore on our screens..."

Without saying anything back to Orlando, he pushed the transmit button.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Arramore Base dis is the Derived.Demand requesting permision to dock...

//Screenshots of the RP
Paper work, was not one of Jesus Malverde forte or area of interest. At the moment, Orlando was feeling very honored to be having such a pleasant conversation with his Captain.

"You have to act like a legit captain now, Jefe." Orlando said, trying to convince his boss to squeeze this license for all it was worth. To keep up appearance. "Legit businesspeople due their paper work Jefe...and..Jefe, you have to change your clothes, style...you know."

"What is wrong with the way I look?" Malverde had been attending to the paper work, and was working on the manifest for the last batch of food ration deliveries. "I like the way I look.....Hey Orlando..how many trips we make?"

"Oh ....I don know Jefe...back and forth...back and forth...lots of times....Jefe." Orlando was feeling special, that he was having a friendly conversation with his Boss.

"Orlando..." Malverde, his tone leading Orlando into a falser sense of security than he already had.

"Si Jefe?" Orlando said turning around, thinking the Boss will be giving him a raise since they are so close now.

"When you...calculated the trips we would have to make....what was the cargo capacity you used?" Malverde typed up the last of the amended manifest and sent them off.

Orlando, thought for a brief moment and instantly started to fear for his safety. He slowly turned to see Malverde standing with his right hand on hilt of his weapon. He said nothing.

"This ship....Orlando....IS BIGGER...than our old one, please keep that in mind." Malverde knew half of the mistake was his own, but...the Captain can never be wrong. He stood silent for just a moment, letting his passive aggressiveness stance take its effect. The crew on the Bridge quiet and expectant. He was famous for throwing dramatic tirades.

"Bien..." Malverde said with a smile and sat back down. "Set a course for the New York system..we are going shopping." He added with good humor. The crew breathed a sigh of relief, they had taken a beating in the mine fields around Arranmore, they need a break. "Some relaxation on Cortez after shopping in Liberty maybe?" Malverde knew a good crew was half battle in surviving in space, and the hiatus would give him a chance to plan his next move.

The crew of the Derived Demand spent three days on planet Cortez. For the most part they relaxed and drank and spent time sleeping. Malverde on the other hand, had spent the three days purchasing a new and more reliable ship.

He also, from an anonymous terminal at a Neural Net cafe he had compiled as much public information available on the IND as he could. It was not much, but it was a start.

He made a decision to stick around Liberty for the moment, as it seemed his ship and its registration were quickly passing any and all inspections. He decided to limit himself to legal cargo for the time being and answer any work orders that came across the ships shipping terminal from the IND corporate office.

For the last 12 hours his crew had been transferring personal items to their new ship, giving it a systems check and a shakedown. Orlando decided the Titanic class vessel was large, but efficient and with lots of room for the crew, it would make life on board easier to deal with on long trans system hauls.

It had been decided that they would do some easy runs in Liberty to break it in. They had clearance to take off, they were just waiting for Malverde to join them, when he walked onto the ships bridge.

"So ...Amigos..." Malverde in good spirits. "What do you think of my new suit?"
The crew all turned and saw Malverde striking a pose.
[Image: pachucojm.jpg]

They tried hard to control the snorts and muffled laughter, but it was impossible. "What?...You guys don't like it? This suit.." He paraded around the bridge pretending to be a fashion model, his bridge crew laughing out loud now, not trying to hide it. "Is made by the best tailor in Cortez, of the latest technology..it is knife proof, bullet proof, and plasma rifle proof, and it attracts the ladies." Sitting down in his Captains chair, his crew almost on the floor with laughter.

"Take us into Orbit Orlando...lets see how this tank flies, set a course for Detroit Munitions." Malverde said touching the brim of his hat and making an overtly dramatic gesture.

"Si Jefe.." replied Orlando and everyone on deck settled down to their specific task. The next few hours they spent picking up cargo on Detroit Munitions station and hauling it to the Texas system. They were about to come out of the lanes and into Houston Orbit.

"Contact boss....its a Liberty Navy ship Jefe..big.." The nav officer was unfamiliar with yet another ship configuration in less than three weeks, but he was happy to be rid of the flying tomb that the Akageta was.

"Bien...relax boys..we work for a legitimate company, and we are hauling legitimate goods." Malverde reasured the crew who was slowly getting used to doing things the legal way. "Get ready to open a channel."
"Si Jefe...opening now...incoming transmission sir...putting it on the speakers."

[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood: Derived Demand, please halt.

"Bring us to a stop out side of the lane exit Orlando...we don't want anything hitting us in the ass, 10 to 1 they are already scanning us." There was just a hint of tenseness in Malverdes voice.

[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood: Interesting shipment, Derived Demand

Malverde hit the transmit button on his command chair.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Si....this is Lee Ramos...How can we be of assistance Ossifer.

"Reporting a second contact Jefe...transport..putting it on speakers."

Ujna: good day officer
[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood: Hello again Ujna.
Ujna: as you can see...liberty desperetely needs copper ore
[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood: I somehow expected
Ujna: so you shold be happy I'm providing it
[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood: Ain't gonna ask where it came from.
[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood: You're free to deposit it.
Ujna: I'm helpin liberty economy
Ujna: and yes don't ask please.....Only thing important it's gonna help your state and I will have a percccentage of it
[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood: Thank you for your ...valuable services I guess.

Malverde and his crew listened to the conversation. He had ordered the communications crew to record the conversation. The female voice coming from the Navy ship had the attention of everyone on board the Derived Demand. Malverde opened up his mic.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: So...I....can take this ....to LPI Sugarland...If its ok...
Ujna: Now I am allowed to dock?
Ujna: I have a delivery to make.
[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood:Yea..
Ujna: this copper needs to be used.
[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood: Go on...both of you are 'kay....I'll give you an escort, Derived.Demand.

Malverde bristled at the offer, but figured it could do no harm, and decided to take the opportunity to glean some more information.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Lee Ramos of the Derived Demand thanks you Sir.....so captain...you...have a lot of business with the IND? You navy types...do.,...business with them?

[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood: I'm the lieutenant Lily Hale of the Primary Fleet....commanding the Mount Hood.....Mr. Mckay and so on does the busines..Not I..
[IND]Derived.Demand Malverde: ah....Miss Hale...my apologies...my comms system does not your voice justice.

[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood: Where are you going next?

[IND]Derived.Demand: Is it proper to offer your crew some fine wine? Oh...and next?....Easy...we head back to Houston and then onto Detroit Munitions

[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood: Alright.....and sorry, cant take the Wine even if I wanted to.

[IND]Derived.Demand:Malverde: Well then....maybe another time...MIss Hale...my pleasure...

[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood: *nods*

[IND]Derived.Demand: LPI Sugarland...this is the Derived Demand...lining up to dock...request clearance...

"Junker contacts Jefe..putting him on speakers."

[NPC-Junker] Alright you...you got loot and I want it..hand over your 2 diamonds.."

The Mount Hood opened up all her guns at once. The result was devastating. Malverde and the crew of the Derived Demand impressed by the firepower put out by the navy warcraft. They finished docking on Sugarland.

[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood: Junkers never learn.

[IND]Derived.Demand: oh...thank you Leutenant Hale...I do not know what we would have done if you had not been here...Mount Hood...we are free of cargo ..and on our way good hunting.

[LN]-LNS-Mount.Hood:Noted. Good luck out there.

Malverde ordered a course set to Manhattan and then onto Cortez. He would let the crew spend another few days basking in the sun and drinking while he would be working on getting some personal ID cards for himself in the name of Lee Ramos.
Jesus Malverde was on his seventh bottle of wine. His crew was not much better off.

"...So then the other guy says...'No, I didn't FIND that part of her..." Orlando finishing up with the punchline to the latest joke being told, the crew busting out in laughter all around.

Jesus sat silently with a sly smile on his face. So far working for the IND was turning out to be profitable, and no one was the wiser to the fact that he was impersonating someone named Lee Ramos.

They had spent a week out in Theta on the Freeport waiting for orders to take some spaceship crews from Corfu to planet Canaria out in 49. There was still something about that mission that didn't feel right to him, but it was to much to think about with little to go on.

A large IND fleet had assembled in Theta and Malverde was sure that he would be found out. To his surprise, no one asked anything of them other than normal chatter between convoy ships. The run was done with no problems, but the odd look of his passengers made him wonder about where they originated from.

The Derived Demand was once again making deliveries to the Dublin system, feeling its way in and out of the mine fields around Arranmore. They were on the return leg of their last trip with engine components and some extra things to keep the folks on the Hood festive, and they were happy to be leaving Rhineland.

The Rheinland authorities were always a stickler for details. Malverde made it a point to stay well with in the lines when in Rhineland. With the Derived Demand within a stones throw of a Junker base, Malverde was a bit tense in spite of the alcohol he had consumed.

"Jefe.." threw in Orlando above the still laughing bridge crew. "..it is the the Police again Jefe."

"What again?" They had already been scanned coming into New Berlin and had been given the all clear with nothing but Gold on board. That had been while ago.

Malverde pulled up the radio transcripts and read through the conversation. He saw nothing that made him worry. "Put it on speakers Orlando, lets see what he has to say."

RFP|Obt.Renate.Bommel.: Guten Tag again IND, I've to contact you...

Malverde did not like the sound of the officers tone. The RFP didn't just call you up to chat. He looked over to Orlando. "Tell me Orlando, that there is nothing on board we have to worry about."

"No, jefe...nothing...Just the Engine componets, and wine and stuff...you know ..the usual..Jefe." Orlando gave is boss his best 'I dunno' look. The laughter and the cheerful mood evaporated from the bridge.

"Orlando...I am warning you...do not lie to me...How far away from the Junker base are we?" Malverde sensing that his crew was up to something. It was normal, for a crew to use up any extra space on board to trasport small 'side deals'. Some Captains frowned upon the custom. But Malverde put up with it on board ships he captained, as long as it didn't interfere with business. But things had changed. They were no longer wayward smugglers hiding from everyone out of a need for safety. They now worked for a very large and powerful company, and the rules had changed.

"Jefe..we are still in a docking link...ah...Jefe...I'm not saying anything is on board, but..just in case..ah...I land and ....Make sure....ah...nothing is on board." Orlando was already 3 steps ahead of what he was telling his captain...the docking sequence locked in..they were seconds away from creating a seal with the station.

"Orlando...land dis ship...whatever you got on here...it better not be much...you get it off now you fool.."

"Si Jefe....ah...its only 10 cases of..." Orlando trying to find a rock to hide under.

"I don't want to know...Orlando...I just want it to disappear." Malverde pounded the mic button on the arm rest of his chair. His crew living a communal buzz cut.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: Yes....ahh...dis is Lee Ramos of the Derived Demand...how may I help you..

The seal in place, Malverde suddenly saw half of his bridge crew jump up and run to the air locks. He would worry about them later. Over the ships communications speakers a drone flavorless voice came through.

RFP|Obt.Renate.Bommel.: Your cargo scan told me, you carried light arms which is a violation of the Rheinland Laws. What is your current position.

"You brainless wonders better make this quick, and fill us all the way back up...full load...Great Mother of all that is uhholy...all of this over some light weapons." Malverde was not really angry, his crew was doing what it normally would do, but at some point they had to realize where their next meal ticket was coming from. "How soon can you get us back in space Orlando?"

"ahhh done Jefe...its done...see...only 10 boxes of gunz for the bar girls on the Hood..you know jefe..its off the ship...Undocking sequence initiated." Orlando and the rest of the crew back at their bridge stations.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: I am currently 50k from the Berlin Stuttgart gate....ahh...sector 4b.

It was a lie, one that counted on the fact that the RFP officer was not in sector 4b. The Derived Demand had just left the Junker base with the engines at full speed.

RFP|Obt.Renate.Bommel.: Wait Zere

"Do you wanna run Jefe?" asked Orlando, following the used to be normal Malverde protocol when faced with police.

"Run? Why? I got nothing to hide...I'm just a legal like trade merchant delivering goods." Malverde had a gleam in his eye. The crew relaxed a bit, confident that their captain would get them out of this situation of their own making safely. "How far to sector 4b Orlando?"

"Almost there Boss." Replied Orlando, his fingers running through the hFuel injector programs, trying to get a bit more speed out of the Titanic.

RFP|Obt.Renate.Bommel.: I'm now in B4 in New Berlin

**computer voice** Reading new hostile target

"Jefe...there he is...15k away" Orlando already afraid of the ass chewing he was going to receive. The RFP must be using sensors on the Lanes and Gates. They had always made it a habit to stay far away from the lanes, but he had gotten lax and to used to flying on the lanes.

Malverde, grunted something under his breath and hit the mic button. He would start defending himself right away.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Malverde: The only thing I had on my ship at the time of your scan was gold Captain..so..you must be mistaken...

The Derived Demand was now within visual range of the small fighter craft.

RFP|Obt.Renate.Bommel.: Verzeihung [IND]Derived.Demand please cut your engines and prepare for a cargo scan and ID verification

Orlando turned and looked at his Captain. Police or no police, he only obeyed orders from one person. "Si...si....Orlando...by the bastard dogs of chatka...do what the officer says." Malverdes tone light with a hint of 'nothing to see here'. He pressed his com button.

[IND]Derived.Demand: So..tell me...what is it you say I have?

RFP|Obt.Renate.Bommel.: Where are ze light arms?

[IND]Derived.Demand: You tell me where is ze light arms...I don't know...Only thing on my ship when you scanned me was Gold...now the only think on my ship is what I got....so you tell me...

"Bring me another bottle of wine someone" Malverde could almost feel the confusion of the moment for the RFP officer. He knew he had been lucky, but he was one to always press his luck just a little, out of a need for fun.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Sir...??...

RFP|Obt.Renate.Bommel.: Negativ. Ze last time I scanned you had light arms in your hold.

Malverde was brought an open bottle of wine, he nonchalantly looked at his finger nails. He tapped the button to the mic with dramatic flair and a slightly threatening tone. The crew smiling again, one step short of laughter.

[IND]Derived.Demand: Your sanners must not be calibrated captain....

He had heard that RFP officers could be written up for flying around with faulty equipment.

[IND]Derived.Demand: So...what is it going to be...?

RFP|Obt.Renate.Bommel.: and because you are comming now from Kreuzberg. is a problem for you.

Malverde knew this was a card the officer would play, no house police liked having Junkers around and people who associated with them were guilty by association. He was ready with his best tone of disbelief and response.

[IND]Derived.Demand:Malverde: ?? kruz what? Where is this? This is not even on my Nav map.

RFP|Obt.Renate.Bommel.: The Junker depot which is in the back of your vector.

[IND]Derived.Demand:Malverde: ..so...I did you a favor by following your orders..I have no weapons....and...the last time I saw a Junker was when I had three trying to kill me for sleeping with someones sister.

RFP|Obt.Renate.Bommel.: However, "in dibio pro reo" you my proceed now. Maybe you'r right, and really need a recalibrating.

"Ante al duda, a favor del Reo" Malverde laughed out loud. The rest of the crew sat silent, not understanding the term used. "Orlando..get us moving."

[IND]Derived.Demand:Malverde: Bien ...Jefe...No problem..can i offer you some Wife Jefe?

Malverde, slurring his words on purpose, to give the RFP something else to think about. His crew not sure if it was cool to laugh or not yet.

RFP|Obt.Ranate.Bommel: Some wife?

[IND]Derived.Demand:Malverde: Wine... Jefe...Vino...there look....some fell off the back of my ship....
RFP|Obt.Ranate.Bommel: Ohh..no...No alcohol on duty, sorry.
[IND]Derived.Demand:Malverde: OK..no need to let it waste..I thank you...and be safe..

"Orlando...get us to the Dublin system." Malverde knew they had just skated by on very thin ice. "You are all docked three weeks pay....all this hassle over 10 cases of guns...madre de todo that is unholy...Pendejos."

The crew said nothing and counted their blessings that it was only three weeks.