Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonia Police Authority BPA)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(07-18-2014, 05:57 PM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]And as you know, all I was doing was chatting to the security bloke because he showed up on my scanner the moment I undocked from the super secret gaian base 14K away, you fired the first shots and you waited to do so until your forces were so overwhelming it was a no contest. "Smart" from a strategic point of view, but if we all play "smart" all the time, this place will soon be a very hostile and unenjoyable place to play, and I believe as an official faction you have a special obligation in that regard.

This is the 'Super Secret Gaian Base' that you fall over every time you go to the Newcastle Jump Hole?

I suppose this is like the other 'Super Secret Gaian Base' that is right on top of the Cambridge to Poole JH or the 'Super Secret Corsair POB' that is sat right next to the same Hole with it's Weapon Platforms blocking it?

And I thought you said in another thread that the BMF Base was 18k away from the Gaian Base?

Quote:Again, you seem to have a particular issue with the ship being a BS, am I correct?

I have no problem with it. I have gotten used to it. Hence my statement of not complaining. I am just pointing out that the survivability of a Hegemon is more likely vs a Fighter than vs a Battleship unless the Hegemon runs away as soon as he sees you and then the complaint comes in that they dock at the first sign of trouble.

Not everybody is after shooting things and getting the 'blue message'.

If I am in my Bomber I would rather not take on a Battleship if I can help it. I would like the odds in my favour but many a time it hasn't been that way. It is part of the Game. I am not in the same League as any of the Reavers, most if not all the GRN Officials (seeing as quite a few are Reavers) or most of the people who are in the Official Fighting Factions. I just give it my best. I am not naive enough to expect to survive.

So If I fight you, on your Titan, and you easily beat me, does that mean from then on that you won't fight me/hunt me because it would be unfair? I don't think that will be the case. I could be wrong. Or maybe that is alright because your Titan isn't Official or maybe because that is all part of the RP?

Quote:It was the other way round, I undock from Holmfirth and see the miner I mortared on my scanner 14K away, I insult him a little, gets the two bases shield bubbles up, and then I get threatened by the security guy. I am not at all complaining about the roleplay or "realism", I am only complaining about fairplay.
As I said that is what I was told and therefore what i acted on.

(07-18-2014, 06:42 PM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it is just coincidences, but it has happened a few times. I don't know who you are, but even the other day Mr. Smith was at that base, and even the two Tremonts defending the base had to comment on how quiet and docile the officer was, not jumping in to assist them or responding to my oafish taunts before docking up; which makes it even more frustrating to meet you at full force in a manner such as today.

tl;dr: I like your faction and activity, I just think you see a "red flag"/"gank-alert" when you see a BS and maybe you should chill a little on that, as there are plenty of HMS'ers around dying to see some action that can provide an enjoyable fight for both parties.

As for who I am, if you read the first post above in response to yours, I told you that I was Waldorf Salad.

As for 'redflag/gank-alert' when we found you in NL we didn't fire a shot but asked you to leave Bretonia. No message, as far as I remember, ever went to the Emergency Channel until it became 2 BSs vs 2 Bombers.

And then all those HMS's dying to see some action never turned up. They have a habit of not turning up. So I should ignore you until they do?

(07-18-2014, 07:10 PM)Bretonia Police Authority Wrote: [ -> ]This is the 'Super Secret Gaian Base' that you fall over every time you go to the Newcastle Jump Hole?

I suppose this is like the other 'Super Secret Gaian Base' that is right on top of the Cambridge to Poole JH or the 'Super Secret Corsair POB' that is sat right next to the same Hole with it's Weapon Platforms blocking it?

And I thought you said in another thread that the BMF Base was 18k away from the Gaian Base?

Yes, you are right these "super secret bases" are stupid, but those are the confines of the game mechanics, and we have to deal with that the best we can. I thought it was a maximum of 18K, but today I saw the Heg at 14K (players show at longer ranges than PoB's), and when I got there he was positioned on top of the base. He might have moved, but the point is that players from each side are likely to be in scanner range when undocking. That is unfortunate, especially for the few Corsair and Gaian players that aren't completely discouraged from logging already.

(07-18-2014, 07:10 PM)Bretonia Police Authority Wrote: [ -> ]I am just pointing out that the survivability of a Hegemon is more likely vs a Fighter than vs a Battleship unless the Hegemon runs away as soon as he sees you and then the complaint comes in that they dock at the first sign of trouble.

This is maybe a technical discussion, but I strongly disagree. A Hegemon hugging a PoB with Cerberus platforms can be quite nasty to get at in a Battleship (I had to engage from 3K out and did not expect to pop it), where a smaller ship can dodge the incoming fire and get in range to deliver heavy damage. A battleship is terrible for many things, piracy included. Cruise is always an option.

(07-18-2014, 07:10 PM)Bretonia Police Authority Wrote: [ -> ]If I am in my Bomber I would rather not take on a Battleship if I can help it.

Ok so you fly ducks, prefer not to fight other snubs and Battleships - that just leaves Cruisers and Gunboats, which in my opinion can be two of the nastiest things to fight in a snub.

(07-18-2014, 07:10 PM)Bretonia Police Authority Wrote: [ -> ]So If I fight you, on your Titan, and you easily beat me, does that mean from then on that you won't fight me/hunt me because it would be unfair?

Who knows? You might mop the floor with me. Plenty of people do; but if I fought you and knew I was a lot better than you, then yes, I wouldn't hunt you and I would give you the opportunity to leave unscathed, provided you didn't throw insults etc.

----------------------------------------------

We're going wildly off-topic here. I guess the conclusion is that I am unhappy with the fairplay in the situation today, but the BPA) believes that I should suck it up and realize that this is how the game is to be played?
(07-18-2014, 07:35 PM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you are right these "super secret bases" are stupid, but those are the confines of the game mechanics, and we have to deal with that the best we can. I thought it was a maximum of 18K, but today I saw the Heg at 14K (players show at longer ranges than PoB's), and when I got there he was positioned on top of the base. He might have moved, but the point is that players from each side are likely to be in scanner range when undocking. That is unfortunate, especially for the few Corsair and Gaian players that aren't completely discouraged from logging already.

Those Miners are generally no more interested on who undocks from that Base than they are really bothered by the NPCs that fly around them whilst they mine. The Miners also 'see' GRN coming through the JH from Leeds and Smugglers coming in from Newcastle. As long as they are left alone they will generally leave you alone. I have never heard of a Hegemon, with mining lasers, chasing a Fighter let alone a Battleship.

Quote:This is maybe a technical discussion, but I strongly disagree. A Hegemon hugging a PoB with Cerberus platforms can be quite nasty to get at in a Battleship (I had to engage from 3K out and did not expect to pop it), where a smaller ship can dodge the incoming fire and get in range to deliver heavy damage. A battleship is terrible for many things, piracy included. Cruise is always an option.

Not everybody wants to cruise away maybe they would like to RP with words and not Guns.

Quote:Ok so you fly ducks, prefer not to fight other snubs and Battleships - that just leaves Cruisers and Gunboats, which in my opinion can be two of the nastiest things to fight in a snub.

It was to point out that I would rather not fight unless I have to.

In the first Post I did say this line:
Quote:We were happy to not fire shots as neither of use are that good at PvP and we enjoy the RP more.

Quote:Who knows? You might mop the floor with me. Plenty of people do; but if I fought you and knew I was a lot better than you, then yes, I wouldn't hunt you and I would give you the opportunity to leave unscathed, provided you didn't throw insults etc.

I find it unlikely. People who are rubbish at PvP don't go around looking for fights. Well that, at least, is my logic. I know my limitations and hence I don't, on any of my characters, go around looking for fights. I possibly win in 1v1 fights about 1 in a hundred. They tend to be lucky kills.

--------------------------------------------

Quote:We're going wildly off-topic here. I guess the conclusion is that I am unhappy with the fairplay in the situation today, but the BPA) believes that I should suck it up and realize that this is how the game is to be played?

I gathered you were unhappy with the conclusion of today's events and I did say I was sorry.

We are all guilty of it, in one form or another, but we are all also good at justifying to ourselves that what we did wasn't really unfair.

Start of Message

Dear Bretonia Police Authority,

I hate you.

With respect, Sir August Onegin

End of Message
Start of Message

Well August,
I like your tea.

Signed
Smith

End of Message
Sir August Onegin,

Good day Sir. We would like to know what we have done to receive your displeasure.

If you have any complaints you can send the information in to us and our Internal Affairs Officers will look in to it. If this is not acceptable you may petition the Bretonian Government and bring it to their attention.

We await, Sir, for your reply.

I'd like to express my respect for your verbal roleplay. Whether I met you on my Hacker or Ageira ships, it was always pleasant encounters. Keep it up.
(10-26-2014, 04:53 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to express my respect for your verbal roleplay. Whether I met you on my Hacker or Ageira ships, it was always pleasant encounters. Keep it up.

Thank you for kind words. We do try our best.

Hello, I wonder will I get an answer for that
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10