Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Dr Paul Jefferson From: Jack Denton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings again Paul

The Graf Zeppelin is about to enter Omicron Iota so I thought I would send this now instead of waiting until I had more information.

Just incase someone has managed to intercept this transmission everything past this point requires an additional code to bypass the encryption. Look in your lab if you haven't already.

Please enter code
1 6 4 3 1 8 7 9 1 9 6 8 4 2

Code accepted

Okay, this is just an idea that's been floating around in my head for a couple of days. When we were working on the Gravitational Manipulators it occured to me that it was a situation that might actually be worth the effort of implementing such an idea.

It has to do with the power crystals, each one draws energy from an artificially created space/time. Each one of these space/times is seperate from our own space/time and all the other space/times created by all the other crystals.

All this you know already.

However if you could figure out a way to connect two crystals to one space/time you could circumvent one of the problems with the crystal, the need to recharge it. You could charge one crystal (the energy would be transfered to the artificial space/time as normal) and then draw energy from the other crystal. Because of the artificial space/time, the distance between the two crystals would not make any difference.

If you can figure out a way to get this to work, then you could power a gravitational manipulator constantly using a pair of crystals like this. Keep in mind howeveer that the amount of power charging one crystal would have to equal the amount of power been used by the other crystal (which is a considerable amount if it warrants using a crystal in the first place).

I cant really offer much on how you could get this to work, as I said it's only an idea, but a good starting point would probably be to look into the gravitational conditions at the moment the inter-space/time jumphole in the crystal is created. From what I can gather (which is admitedly not much) the inter-space/time jumpholes are affected by gravitational fluctuations just like normal jumpholes.

Anyway, it would appear my time is up.

Good Bye and Good luck

Hopefully George and I will get a chance to eat on the Independence again soon.