Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: RHMC ++ RNC moving into Omega-3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-- INCOMING TRANSMISSION
>> Comm. ID: Niclas Andrews
>> Source: Freistadt, Omega-7
>> Target: Rheinland Military (High Command)
>> Encryption: Best available...
Greetings, High Command of the Rheinland Military.
I think I witnessed something you might be interested in knowing about, if you don't have ordered this,
which I highly doubt. I'm not a diplomat or anything, just a defense pilot. But I felt like I should bring this
directly to you. I'll send it to the IMG Administration as well though.

So, while watching the perimeter around Freistadt, commanding the Amethyst, a Hydra class IMG gunboat,
I saw a small fleet of Rheinland ships come in from Stuttgart. To be exact, one battleship, the RNC-Lutzow,
a cruiser, the RNC-Konigsberg, a gunboat, the RNC-Stier and a Bergelmir-class bomber, SCort.Mynos.
They quickly noticed some Molly mercenary flying around some 12 k from Freistadt - really wonder what
brings them to the Omegas, aren't they kinda trying to get Dublin for themselves or something?! Eh,
anyway - that small fleet of yours immediatly started hunting the one ship, even though it didn't show any
hostility. I mean, I can understand that you don't like Mollys around the Omegas, but bringing in a whole
fleet is quite wastefully, isn't it? They even pursued him to Omega-5, where I guess they got him, before
returning back to Freistadt.

But, what they did after returning to Freistadt was much more interesting to see. For some reason they
moved towards the Omega-3 gate and, since IMG has assets there as well and I was curious why such fleet
would go there, I followed them.
It turned out that there were three pirate bombers between the Omega-7 gate and Aland shipyard. A good
reason to dispatch a small wing of fighters to deal with the problems, but probably no reason to launch
a battleship or a cruiser. So, at this point I'm pretty sure they weren't acting under orders of the High
Command. As far as I know Bretonia tries protecting Omega-3 and most certainly wouldn't like such
intrusions. Aland scanners showed the BAF had dispatched a unit to the system, but they arrived to late to
see the Rheinland ships there. Luckily.
They pursued the pirates to Aland shipyard, one got away early, the second one got away a bit later in the
Wilkes ice field. Near Aland the third pirate tried fighting back, quickly realized though, that it was hopeless
for him.
They shot all they had at him - that is, they fired a lot of those highly dangerous missiles. The battleship
fired those, I'm not sure whether the cruiser had some as well. I even saw some of those missiles go close
to Freeport 1. This was a real danger to civilians! Imagine if one of them hit the station...
Well, after the fleet chased the single bomber which was left almost to Freeport 1, he made a wrong turn
and ended up on the side of the battleship - with his hull damaged and all that, his ship didn't survive the
collision. The fleet held at the Freeport for a short time and then returned back to Omega-7, where, as far
as I heard later from people on Freistadt, the ships got damaged in a fight with the SCRA and had to
retreat...

I wanted to inform you about those possibly rogue vessels, which threatened a new incident between
Bretonia and Rheinland with their actions. They were a high risk to people around our station, the Aland
shipyard, and Freeport 1. Not to mention around Freistadt, as well, to some degree.
Do with this information what you want, but I, and probably most other people around the Omegas, would
prefer not to see another conflict down here.

Sincerely,
Niclas Andrews
Freistadt Defense Pilot

PS: I'm taking responsibility for this message as I'm sending it on behalf of my concerns for the safety of
people in the upper Omegas.

[=Incoming Transmission=]

Initializing...

Communications ID: Admiral Gunther Rall
Target ID: Niclas Andrews; Independent Miner's Guild Administration
Source: Battleship Strausberg

I would like to thank you for the information provided, but we are aware of some of the actions regarding some of Rheinland's captains as of late. Although I have yet to mention it officially the Lutzow is already labeled an enemy of the state, and the captain of the Konigsberg is wanted for questioning. There are a few others that have been added to both lists, once my report on the incident from yesterday that involved military vessels firing on rogue captains I'll make sure the transmission and appropriate files are available to the Guild.

I do understand that as long as this situation continues to go on mining operations by the IMG will be in constant danger, as well as some of their pilots. Should it be necessary, the Guild may act in self defense in anyway they see fit, without fear of repercussions from the Rheinwehr, all that I require is that any altercation with those outside the list of 'Rogue' or 'Wanted' not be attacked or harassed without proper proof, since as you can imagine whether or not you're clear to act most every report will hit my desk. If at all possible I'd like to setup a meeting with someone from the the Guild's Administration for further discussion, I also apologize in advance for any problems this has caused the Guild.

Respectfully,

Admiral Gunther Rall

Oberkommando der Rheinland Militär

[=Transmission Terminated=]
-- INCOMING TRANSMISSION
>> Comm. ID: Niclas Andrews
>> Source: Freistadt, Omega-7
>> Target: Rheinland Military (High Command)
>> Encryption: Best available...
Greetings, Admiral Rall.
On one hand it is good to hear, that you are already aware of such troubling actions, on the other - either I
missed the information or it would have been nice if we were informed about the possible hostility of the
RNC-Lutzow as well. The ship seems to operate around Omega-7 quite often. Though...I can
understand that you want to solve it internally without involving third parties.
But alright, I look forward to your transmission and the decision the Guild will make regarding it, depending
of course on what you want us to do, besides being carefull around the rogue vessels.

As far as my current orders go, I will try not to attack any rogue Rheinland Military ships if it can be
avoided, even if they attack. Whenever it is possible to get out without losing any ships without a fight, that
is always prefered. Evidence of hostile behaviour against the Guild will be send to you in the case that they
for some reason turn against us...Neither you nor me want any more trouble in the Omegas.

I will contact the Guild Masters about this as well. They should get into contact with you soon.
From my side I can say the cooporation is appreciated. I hope this will provide some more safety against
unnecessary incidents.

Sincerely,
Niclas Andrews
Freistadt Defense Pilot