Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A Perfect Find
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Matthew Landon ran down the corridor to the ship dealer. He saw the imposing figure of Robert Fitzgerald, standing over the weapon trays.
"Robert, your ship has to be repaired. The top-fin has been completely destroyed and the power plant is damaged. It'll cost you a bundle!"
"I don't care about money! How long will it take to be fixed?"
"A week, perhaps. I'll have to contact the Scrapper's Union about the top-fin. The powerplant, I'll fix that by hand."
"A week! You gotta be joking! I won't be able to leave this station!"
"If you want, Peter Applegate in the ship-dealer could set you up with a Repair ship. You'll rent it for a bit, perhaps you might find a ship out in the Yanagi Debris Field?"
"Argh... I'll take you up on that offer. Perhaps I'll find myself a good GMG vessel. Can't hurt having two ships."

Robert hopped into the cockpit of the clunky Repair ship in front of him. It was the ugliest ship he'd ever seen: a massive cockpit, two robotic arms and a weak-looking frame. He radioed the Docking Station to open up Dock 2.

Sigma 13 was an active system. The Junkers scrapped the Yanagi Debris Field for ships, parts and waste metal. The GMG operate an efficient H-Fuel mining operation. Then, there were the traders. Many trading vessels pass through the system due to the unusual amount of jump holes. They connect the system to Rheinland and Kusari space. One of the jump holes even leads to Chugoku, the infamous Blood Dragon system. Robert avoided that anomaly.

After around two and a half hours of searching, the advanced scanners on the Repair Ship detected a ship-like object a gas-cloud. Robert entered the information into the computer, setting up autopilot to the wreck. He arrived at the wreck, to discover an old Rheinland fighter. It looked like a Valkyrie, with several experimental-looking weapons on it. Robert angled the Repair Ship's robotic arms to grasp the wings of the fighter. After setting course to Yanagi, he cruised off to the Junker depot.

[Image: Repairshipholdingfighter.png]

--Thirty minutes later--
"Robert... This is an amazing find. Where did you find this?"
"It was in a gas cloud, north of Yanagi. Didn't get the coordinates, sorry."
"Well, it appears to be quite damaged. But this seems to be different from other Imperial vessels we found in the area. Its armour plates are stronger and thicker, and the systems appear to be modern."
"Modern? What do you mean?"
"Well, let's start with the powerplant. It appears to be reinforced, with a higher capacity than the Valkyrie model. Then you have the scanners. They seem to be optimised towards scanning other vessels."
"Anything else?"
"Well, look at the weapon-scan on the computer. It carries a Civilian Imp. Debilitator Cannon, and four unknown weapons. I can only assume those weapons are secret, Government equipment. Experimental."
"Must be dangerous then, right?"
"Probably. I'll send for my assistant to start repairing the hull-panels and the electronics. It was a great find Robert, you should really stay here and become a Junker."
"No thanks Matthew, I couldn't stand sitting here scrapping wrecks all day."
"Suit yourself. I'll see you in the bar when we are finished."