Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: About The Order ID... What the heck?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok with The Order ID you are only allowed to participate in lawful actions, in general Discovery makes them out to be a fully lawful faction... What is up with that? The Order has always been a pirate faction, their missions are against Bounty Hunters, their allies are pirate factions, their enemies are Bounty Hunters, Liberty Police, Liberty Navy... Just because they went good at the end of the official story line does not make them "lawful" they only did out of necessity...

Am I missing something here? Is it part of a change that happened in the Discovery story? If so then why were their allies/enemies not changed to reflect this?
firstly - its copy / paste:P

then ... there is prolly no faction around that is more "rightous". the order is definitily on the good side. - their methods are ... questionable though. mind, they are not an unlawful faction. - the reason their missions are against the BHG is, cause the BHG attacks them, not cause the order attacks the BHG.

the order are protectors - and they do hit+run tactics in a small scale. they are basicly not pirating to finance themselves, but rely on useful contacts within the houses. you will never ( or at least you should never find ) an order vessel lurking at a tradelane to intercept civilian transports and rob them blind.

their alliance with the corsairs is about military power. - they need one of the major omicron factions so they re not crushed between them.- they don t go the political way like the zoners, who wiggle out of sticky situations with a lot of talking and probably a bribe here and there.

so, all in all, the order is not lawful ( cause the law is made by tghe houses ) but they follow human rights and ethics much more than the houses do. they fight for a greater good - for which they turn a blind eye on certain laws. - but it doesn t make them petty pirates.
Yup.. Order is unlawful for Liberty because it's more lawful then Liberty.
but when you think of - "the more laws you have, the more lawful you are" - then liberty is pretty lawful:laugh:( and zoners are a bunch of unlawful scum )
The Order are basicly the faction that keep the Nomads at bay. Without the Order, the nomads would of taken over Sirius a long time ago. I'm not sure if i would think of the Order as lawful or unlawful, but since they have allied with the Corsairs it probably means there unlawful.
Order are semi-lawful as you can say. Just like AFA is semi-legal as there allied to KNF but still pirate foreign parties
I definitely don't think the Order is unlawful. They don't pirate, and they don't attack people without just cause. ALL they do is fight to protect humanity from the Nomads, as well as fight back against anyone who attacks them. They are fighting Liberty and the BHG because Liberty and the BGH ATTACKED THEM and because Liberty's infested with Nomads, but NOT because they're unlawful. Their alliance with the Corsairs? Purely for military assistance. They help out with the Nomads, and cooperate on ship design and training. The Order doesn't fight the Outcasts,Rheinland, or Bretonia. They don't assist the corsairs with ANYTHING other than with building ships, training pilots, and fighting the Nomads. The Order doesn't do anything unlawful,, so I don't think they should be considered unlawful. You can debate all you want on whether they're LAWFUL, though. Depending on your perspective, they might be lawful, or semi-lawful, but not unlawful. That's my two cents.
The Order operates in the shadows, takes on a mighty foe and does so without the help of the so called "Lawful" houses. Yes, they are allied with the Corsairs and the Zoners and the Hogosha. Yes, they are hostile toward Liberty and the Bounty Hunters Guild. We know this. We also know that Casper Orillion was secret Liberty operative who created the Order to meet the Nomad threat. So far as I can tell, that threat is still very real, as witnessed by the spreading infection of nomad influence amongst the "Lawful" houses. Their methods may be questionable, however, I've never heard of an Order Operative acting in an unlawful manner, i.e. pirating. The fact that there aren't too many flying about (that we know of), would indicate that they are a small force, yet, I believe that we know only what the Order would want us to know about their operations. The covert nature of the Order would be advantageous and maintained to provide the edge they need to continue the fight against the Nomadic invasion and the spread of infection. They operate in the shadows, a place where most dare not go. Lawful? By who's definition? Unlawful? Same question. On the rare occasion that I see an Order operator, I usually just give them a silent wave and carry on about my business, in sheer gratitude for their dedication to the human race.

JMHO

Kyte
' Wrote:The Order operates in the shadows, takes on a mighty foe and does so without the help of the so called "Lawful" houses... On the rare occasion that I see an Order operator, I usually just give them a silent wave and carry on about my business, in sheer gratitude for their dedication to the human race.

Kyte

Thank you, Kyte.
Thx Kyte :cool: thats all we want to be, we have no other interests than protect humanity from second nomad invasion and protect ourselfs from liberity dirty hands.
Pages: 1 2 3