Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Ageira Technologies R&D Department | CC read only Access: LPI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**Incoming Transmission**
Comm ID: Owen Hamlin, Phoenix Research Vessel

Hello, I am Owen Hamlin, Captain of the Phoenix, a independent research cruiser that does work for the
Scientific community of Liberty. After a recent collision and damage to the main antenna array, I am currently
looking for the development of a new replacement array. The Company that designed and manufactured the
original prototype has unfortunately gone out of business, and the specs for the array have been lost, and the
current array is so badly damaged it will not be repairable, at least not with the resources and manpower I
currently have at my disposal.

I would like to get a estimate on the price of a new antenna array for the Phoenix, the sooner the better if
possible. The antenna Array must be highly shielded against high-radiation areas of sirius, and if possible, a bit
stronger than the current array. Attached is the information taken from the damage assessment of the original
antenna.

-Owen Hamlin

Attached:
[Image: 152mb7n.gif]
**Transmission Complete**
**Transmission Boosted**
>>INCOMING TRANSMISSION<<
~Message Begin~

[Image: Tom%20Devoe.png]

Hello Captain Hamlin, I'm deeply sorry for the delays you've experienced; we've been somewhat swamped lately - but let's get straight to your business, I'm anxious not to delay you further.

Mr Hamlin, while Ageira Technologies understands your position and the obvious inconvenience this causes you, before we can arrange replactement, our technicians need a few more pieces of information first. I'm told we'll need information regarding your ship's class, model and variation of making, the year of creation where possible. Any information you can give us regarding the previous array or mounting point is appreciated, but not required.

As we've delayed you enough already and an array is a rather important part of a ship, as soon as we have this information our engineers will be on rush to design and manufacture the array. Believe me, our times in the industry are without comparison. I can also assure you the shielding and strength you've requested will be provided in surplus, not to mention the improved performance. You'd be amazed how much more the common captain could get out of his ship if he'd just update some components.

We anticipate your reply promptly.

~Message End~
>>TRANSMISSION CEASED<<

The ship is a Corvo class Zoner Cruiser, albeit a modified version for non-zoner customers. It was one of the Older Cruisers, however it has been since serviced by the Zoners at Shasta for usual maintenance my crew can not complete. The ship was I believe constructed sometime in July of 817A.S. but I will have to double check on that.

All the relevant technical details are included in the attachment provided.

-Owen Hamlin

Attachment: Technicalinfo.spec

Hello again.

Our engineers have run up the design and projected materials requirements to be approximately 50 Bio-Neural Processors, 50 Quantum Multiplexors, and 200 units of High Temperature Alloy. We require these materials be delivered or otherwise supplied to Pueblo Station. At your option, we can source these materials within our own infrastructure for a cost of 5 million, however should you be able to source these yourself or within your own contacts, you need only pay 20 million for the design and manufacture of the array.

Following the supply of these materials we will begin construction at an estimated completion time of two working days. At this time we require your ship to be present at Pueblo for the fitting of the array. And of course, after said fitting, Ageira maintains the rights and patents over its design of your array. While you may use and risk damage to it purely at your own liking, you agree not to reverse-engineer, allow the reverse-engineering of, theft or replication of, attempted or otherwise, the array.

Please let us know whether you'll be delivering the materials yourself or not, we need your ships added to our traffic control allowance list. Security and such.

~Message End~
>>TRANSMISSION CEASED<<

Ok, so the payment required is twenty million Credits, along with cargo. Where would you like the funds
deposited, so that the group picking up this bill can be informed of it.

As for the rights to the Array itself, there is no problem with Ageira maintaining the patents and all designs
related to it. If possible, I would like to request my repair team to be briefed on the standard maintenance
protocols necessary and basic repair instructions.

-Owen Hamlin

Again Mr Hamlin, the cost is 20 million credits if you are sourcing the materials required yourself somehow, and 25 million if you require us to source them. As our main Interspace Commerce account is undergoing some accounting overhauls, if you would be so kind, please direct payment to Ageira|Razorback .

We'd also be more than happy to, and of course are expected to provide you with the necessary array maintenance instructions. As the design is complete, we've produced these instructions for your crew. During installation, our engineers will ensure your technicians grasp the concepts required for basic repairs, however for extensive or advanced repairs Mr Hamlin, we will require you to revisit us.

We'll see your ship at Pueblo two days from when the payment is processed and the materials supplied.

~Message End~
>>TRANSMISSION CEASED<<

Mr Hamlin! It has been some time since we last contacted you. Strangely, we received payment from a Universal Shipping account. Apologies for the delay in recognisation of said payment of services, our finances department certainly wasn't expecting your expense to be covered by Universal. But regardless, it is not my business to probe further.

With the time we've had, we've accrued sufficient resources to begin construction of the replacement array. If you could simply move your ship to Pueblo after two days, our engineers will have it fitted and space ready within 12 hours of beginning work or less.

Thank you again for your business. We look forward to seeing the project completed.

~Message End~
>>TRANSMISSION CEASED<<

Very well, the Phoenix will be awaiting instalation of the new array. The Science team is eager to use the
new equipment on the coronado expedition. Thank you for manufacturing this array quick, we are eager to
get back underway, for Science.

-Owen Hamlin

Mr Hamlin, I'd like to open this message with my apologies. I previously insinuated that Ageira Technologies had somehow delayed progress of your project array by failing to recognise a Universal Shipping Incorporated within reasonable time.

It has been brought to my attention, following my previous transmission, that this was not the case. The payment itself was rather significantly delayed, and the Ageira financial department was not at fault. We simply didn't expect a Universal payment to come through so slowly, and it was assumed by an employee to be an internal fault.

Regardless, I have taken your lack of response to signify that your array functions to a high degree and is without failure or flaw. I'd like to take the time to thank you for your business again, and ensure that this is indeed the case, and that your crew and yourself are in-fact happy with our product.

We look forward to hearing from you. I'm quite sure you have more than enough ability to contact us from just about anywhere nowadays. Should I be unavailable however, your message will of course be held by our secretaries. Good flying, Captain.

~Message End~
>>TRANSMISSION CEASED<<