Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Evelyn Lynx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Communications Suite online

Comm ID: Lord Gregory Bayliss

Miss Lynx,

I am attempting to contact you now as our earlier conversation was interrupted by forces unknown. Now I know what you wish to be delivered and the proscriptions on where such cargo should come form, but we need to thrash out the fine details, such as the delivery fee, how much you need, and where the delivery is to be made. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely

Lord Gregory Bayliss.

Communications Suite offline.
[Image: Everlyn-Transmission-Bar.png]

"A continuous crackling noise is heard for several minutes. The video feed is all fuzzy"

"Suddenly the audio signal clears up a bit"

e...llo mi....ster Ba..yl..iss
Eve...rlyn Lynx here.
"The audio and video feed increases in strength. All but a minor background noise is heard"
Sorry for the poor signal. Uhm, it seems that a canister of Prometheum started leaking into my
communications systems.
"The woman slowly walks out of the picture, her voice can still be heard in the background"
It caused some minor blowouts as the whole system got ionized, aww damn, now i gotta buy another one of those too....
"The woman yet again returns to her pilot seat, she takes off her flight-suit as she keeps talking"
oh, oops, sorry, i nearly forgot you. uhm, dont mind what im doing, the suit got drenched in hydraulic fluids and lubricants as i tried to stop a minor leak in the servo system. oh well, atleast it should be possible to steer this scrapheap once again.
Oh, heh, the order. You know what, i need to expand that list a "little"... you see my blue little companion
"Beside her is something that looks like a half dead nomad"
he's in need of some food right? but i dont know what nomads eat... so i figured, maybe they eat their own kind, or atleast maybe i can feed him one of his own kind... But you know, the omicrons is far away from where i am. Soooooo, since you said you can deliver anything.... how about you find the largest nomad you can, gun it down and bring whatever is left to me, ne?
"he face is full of enthusiasm as she finishes the sentence, but she quickly changes her expression as she opens her mouth again"
Then, there was the other things. Iv'e heard of a relic, a relic of the past or perhaps they still are found. Regardless i WANT IT. It is often referred to as a "Derelict Nomad Artifact" and i want one. Its applications for powering ships and other equipment has sparked my interest for it. I am willing to pay a bit for one of these as i understand their VERY hard to come by.
"her expression softens a bit as she takes a small pause, as if she's waiting for mr Bayliss to take notes"
Then, there was the fur. i do not require big amounts, 2 units should be sufficient for creating a supersoft mattress and a nice thick blanket.
Ah, and now that my ship's in this state i would require some new parts
the following should do:
2 Optronics units
3 Nano Capacitors
1 Nuclear Device
a unit of Industrial Materials
two engine component units
a manifold
a superconductor
and a quantum multiplexor

uhm, am i forgetting something, i think not.... wait, silly me, i am forgetting something.
I heard, that recently a new type of artifact has been discovered, blundtly labeled "Gallic Artifacts"
I want one of these along with a fine bottle of peach liquor.

"She leans back in the seat, nearly exposing her naked chest"
I hope you noted that down. Ofcourse, i expect nothing but the best quality and no less then the fastest delivery. Are you sure you can deliver, or do i perhaps have to turn to others?

Ill wait for your answer mister. Dont disappoint me, ne?
"Her smile, although seemingly warm sends a chill down the merchants spine as the comms end"
Communications Suite online

Miss Lynx,

Your list is a little off the wall, but it can be arranged. Whilst the IND is not a combatative organisation the Nomad remains should not be hard to obtain utilising our extensive list of contacts. This will of course cost the IND a sizeable sum. The derelict Nomad artifact will also not be cheap. The rest is comparatively trivial. These can be arranged using one of our more personal vessels. We will contact you on this frequency when the first two items have been obtained to discuss the final price. Though I doubt the final sum will be any less 10 million Sirius Credits.

Sincerely Lord Gregory Bayliss.

Communications Suite offline.
"Once again a crackling comm window opens up"
Mi...ste.... Ba..yliss

I expec.....speed...... i.... expe....cted..... re..s....lts.... by now
"The snowy image completely blackens out and only the scurry audio remains"

Why is th..re.... no progr

"The comm window abruptly shuts down in the middle of the sentence"[/[i]i]

Communications Suite Online

Miss Lynx, the regular commodities you ordered were not hard to find, and have, as a result, been found. The other two items are harder to source. Though I have two people currently advising me on a rough estimate for the artifact. The additional item is very much harder. These Nomads are hard to find you know. And finding someone with the chutzpah to go up against one is even harder. I'll appraise you again tomorrow.

Bayliss out.

Addendum: it seems that we have the rare option of offering you a little extra on this deal. I have come into contact with someone who has a currently active nomad power cell. Would you prefer that or the artifact? Be advised the price increases for something I could happily get shot for selling you.

Miss Lynx.

An Update for you. I have confirmation that a contact has the derelict you require. Negotiations as to it's price are in effect. You will be notified as soon as they have concluded.

Lord Gregory Bayliss

"A crackling voice appear over the comms"

w..hy... have you not got.....ten my goods yet?

how incomp...tent can you be?

"The comm link suddenly cuts off"

Comm ID: Lord Gregory Bayliss VP

*A disheveled and bedraggled Gregory Bayliss appears on the screen.*

Incompetent? INCOMPETENT?! Do you know where I've been for the last week? What I've had to go through for this damn contract? Well it's done and good riddance. I have your stuff. It's all in Magellan, at Freeport 4. You'll be meeting Simon Johnson, the current captain of the Courage Under Fire. The fee is 40 million credits. That's simply because of the effort ti took to convince someone to get the damn remains. We have however applied a late fee for this delivery. Instead of simply one artifact, you will be given two. And the total remains from the battlegroup we encountered. What you do with them I do not care.

Remember the IND says we can get it to you, we don't put a time limit on it for jobs of this difficulty.

Gregory Bayliss out.

Communications Suite Offline.

"A clear comm window opens, the girl in the picture is smiling"

Hey 'ere Mr Bayliss

It seems, your a dependable man after all. But i gooootta say, you took your time. Perhaps I was right to provoke you a bit after all, it seems like most companies tries that little bit harder when they are given a few harsh words thrown at them.

"She stops talking, giggling a little as she reaches for something out of view"

Y'know, i was actually thinking yer price would be higher, but this..... dunno what to say really...
Now sweetie, i hope yer' still awake. 'cuz ill be at that freeport in about 40~ish minutes.... and trust me. If ye' dun have my goods by then, well, lets make such consequences a surprise, shall we?

Ciao

"A merry giggling echoes over speakers as the comm feed shuts down"