Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tech Nerf discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Alright, so since the threads related to tech nerf complaints and generally questions are popping like mushrooms, this one will be useful to centralise your concerns. This first post will also be edited to reflect the frequently asked questions for easier access.

TECH NERFS DISCUSSION : HERE
TECH NERFS BUGS (You are sure it's a bug, complaining in there is no no) : HERE
TECH NERFS CHART : HERE
TECH NERFS CHART DISCUSSION (if you think I made a mistake when translating the data) : HERE
Am I to assume that when the chart says "Flawed Permissions" under the Pirate ID, it simply means that the Pirate ID is broken at this point?
Thanks for it.

Also free bump.
' Wrote:Am I to assume that when the chart says "Flawed Permissions" under the Pirate ID, it simply means that the Pirate ID is broken at this point?

I don't have accurate data for the Pirate ID, as in the permissions file I have it's listed under the same rules as the Freelancer ID. So what's in the Pirate cell on the chart right now might be wrong. It's a fair warning in itself :D
Why were the nerf rates kicked up again? Aren't the nerf ratios a tad too extreme now?

It used to be 11% for each white celled gear type, and 25% for the white celled ship. I'm not sayin it was good but it was at least more logical than the current ratios of 24% for the guns & 25% for the ship.

Right now, a ship with white celled guns & ship runs on 57% core which's nearly half the combo's full performance. As I've said before, I don't mind this new system, but some numbers look much more decent on paper than in practice. Plus, the nerf on some combos simply can't be justified InRp, which makes such extreme nerf rates simply unbearable. I don't see why any white celled combo should go below 70%, and how a ship running on 10% core or below can be usable for "RP".

I know these numbers aren't final, which's why I'm expressing my concern here because putting aside all the "lol i stole it" chars, there are some chars flying out there with a solid enough background not to deserve such extreme nerfs and as long as the nerf is doable, the player behind the char can try to live with it, but gettin half the performance only for RPing something outside the usual boring stereotypes is in no way encouraging said RP at all. In my opinion, a closed* system with lower nerf rates would be more logical and also contributing than an open** system with harsh nerfs.

* A system similar to the old tech perm one, where people actually had to do some RP and gain the holding faction's permission to fly the tech, i.e. A system where people actually have to work for the tech they want.
** A "We wanna let anyone fly anything and we don't care whether they RP for it or not" system, resulting into some stupid ship/gear combos that neither make any sense nor have any RP backing it up.

Edit: Which reminds me... I don't see why Gaians (Who neither have close enough ties to their 'allies' nor have the facilities to maintain said gear) should get the same nerf rate as Rheinland unawful groups, who even InRp have an official alliance, share their gear and also use the same line of technology. Wouldn't it be more logical to move Hog/FA/Sair gear to orange for Gaians? Because after all, Gaians aren't that big of a faction to actually afford an open use of allied tech and last time I checked, people were complaining about Gaians looking like a Kusari-originated terrorist faction trying to ruin Bretonia economics from inside blabla, which's totally not what Gaians are... So I don't see how this generous cell-giving would help with fixing that image when every Gaian indie starts flying with Tizona Black Dragons and gettin a mere nerf of 81% (Which again, I'm not saying whether is good or not, just pointing in comparison with the rest of nerf ratios).
' Wrote:I don't see why any white celled combo should go below 70%

I'd like to emphasise this point specifically.
Got to wondering about something, what if I took my BH char and bought the Bretonia gunboat but kept the BH guns. The military stuff is salmon colored so that is 25% nerf on the ship but since weapons are native there wouldn't be a nerf on those. Bret gunboat is 60,000 core, BH gunboat is 50,000 core. 60,000*.75=45,000 or about 5,000 less power core than the Orca. The Bret gunboat has an extra turret position so usage would be higher, however the regen rate on the Bret gunboat is 1,000 per second higher than the orca too so I probably wouldn't notice it. Basically I would have another gun, faster regen, more bats and bots, and MUCH MORE hull, in exchange for 5000 less core. The ship is much larger and less nimble so that is a big negative, but it's interesting to think about. If the ship nerf were much smaller it would come out ahead on the power and have all the other benefits too. Very close call, and probably worth doing if it was any smaller. Wonder how many cases like this are out there.

Ursus, use this. It'll save you the hassle.

https://sites.google.com/site/dgctechcalculator/

It says your powerplant regen for the Bret GB using BH ID and BH GUNS would be 75%.
' Wrote:Ursus, use this. It'll save you the hassle.

https://sites.google.com/site/dgctechcalculator/

It says your powerplant regen for the Bret GB using BH ID and BH GUNS would be 75%.
That's what my brain said too. Not wondering about the percentage, just commenting that the final product is a much more powerful vessel with only slightly less power core.

Well it's free game, the system is the system. If you want to do it go ahead, no one is able to say anything about it.

edit : I just noticed you're wrong.
You thought it's the core that is nerfed, but no, the core is untouched by the system. It's the regeneration rate that is. You'd still have the 60,000 core of the Bret GB, what you need to calculate is 75% of the regeneration rate of the bret gb power, and then compare it to the regeneration rate of the bounty hunter gb.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13