Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The KSP/KNF/KPT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: DVttg.jpg]

Regarding this transmission.
Konnichiwa, it appears my client has appealed to the Kishiro legal department to look at the accusations waged against him. I am astonished that Kempeitai operatives would behave in such a manner against a civilian corporation. I am citing several charges that I would wish to levy against the Kempeitai operators in this case.

1. Excessive use of force. Cite: Your [File-3]
-It appears that you fired upon a civilian Kusari vessel, and that this is "Standard operating procedure". I am shocked that firing upon citizens of Kusari is standard procedure, especially in our core homeworlds.
2. Your false charge of "insulting officer in duty"
- The Kusari Legal Codex section 1-2 does not cover Kempeitai agents operating in Kusari space, only State Police and Naval Forces agents. This charge must be dropped on these grounds alone.
3. "Opening fire on the Kempeitai vessel."
-Citing the Kusari Legal Codex, section 2-1, Piracy is not tolerate in Kusari space. You opened fire on our vessel without prior warning, and as such he responded in kind in self-defense.
4. No reason for the stop.
- The citizens of Kusari have some expectation of privacy, especially a company as highly regarded as Kishiro, and unwarranted searches and seizures are quite an odd thing for a Kempteitai officer such as yourself to do.

That is all for now, we are waging a lawsuit that totals the fines you have charged "20.000.000" million credits for grievance and emotional distress against a Kishiro employee as well as 10.000.000 million credits for damage done to his vessel. I am also opening this channel to the attorneys of the [KSP] and the [KNF] as well as any officers of their departments that wish to send a communique.

Good day and Arigato.

Signed
Ayao Sakakibara
Kishiro Legal Department
Establishing Secure Channel...
Installing Encryption Firewall...
Initializing Message Relay...

Konnichi'wa Ayao Sakakibara-san of the Kishiro Legal Department, your message was expected. However your attempts to defend this captain have no ground because the Kempeitai operatives have acted according to the law and to the Kempeitai instructions. I'll be brief.

First point. The vessel responded with full weapon fire on standard cruise disruption procedure and responded with rather cruel behavior. Our vessels are enforcing the laws and embargo policies placed by the government in that region and we have a right to hold any vessel for inspection, it takes little time and law abiding citizens have nothing to be afraid of while going through it. Many are passing through this harmless procedure every day but such behavior, according to our own records, usually used by smugglers while breaking the law of Kusari.

Second point. This is invalid because the Kempeitai is a part of the Kusari Naval Forces.

Third point. Appeal to the point one for explanation.

Fourth point. Appeal to the point one for explanation.

If you have any more questions we'll be glad to answer. However the fine and it's amount stays in the way they are.

With regards. Omen Deng, Dragon's Tooth Commander.

[Image: KPTlogo1.png]

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]Message Relay Terminated...
Channel Closed...

I don't think you quite understand, Commander. We're bringing forward a lawsuit against you. Your charges are unfounded, firing upon a Kishiro vessel. We will wait until both the State Police and the Naval Forces respond to this communications channel. Any further attempts at using "Excessive Force" on Kishiro Corporation vessels will be met in kind with our defense vessels per section 2-1 of The Kusari Legal Codex.

Secondly, you admitted yourself in your report: "he had nothing illegal on board" yet you still decided that using Excessive Force was necessary. Citizens of Kusari, yet again, have some expectation of privacy levied to them. This isn't an Empire, Commander. Citizens have rights.

In regards to the second point, I believe if you use excessive force against a citizen of Kusari that you forfeit the right to charge him with "Disorderly Conduct" per section 1-2, as due to extenuating circumstances it was a forced response to being attacked.

Good day and Arigato.

Signed
Ayao Sakakibara
Kishiro Legal Department

I'm am aware of your intentions and we will, indeed, wait for the representatives of the State Police and Naval Forces.

However i have to note that we have a right to destroy any criminal vessel inside the Kusari space and firing upon the law enforcing units is considered as an act of hostility and we hold the right to continue with ultimate force according to Kusari Legal Codex, article 3-3.

On this note I'm leaving this transmission until the police and naval forces representatives arrival.

Channel Closed...

[Image: KSPHeader1.png]

Comm ID: Tomimoto Tachiko, Chokan of the Kusari State Police
Transmit to: Omen Deng, Dragon's Tooth Commander
--- CC: Ayao Sakakibara, Kishiro Legal Department

Begin Transmission:

[color=#FFFFFF]Commander, I'm afraid things are going to have to be rather black-and-white in this case. And I'll have to stand by Sakakibara-san on this matter.

It's understandable and acceptable that you want to keep an eye on trade within Kusari. But please, take care with our own citizens and treat them with respect. Refrain from opening fire on civilian vessels.

You imply that your forces were able to successfully scan the target's cargo bay, so you got what you needed. Was there a need to attack one of our own ships? We both know that there are less confrontational ways of obtaining the information you want from passing trade vessels. I'd certainly expect the Kempeitai to employ such discrete tactics rather than setting up candid "checkpoints". The fact that the situation escalated to the point that the Kishiro ship opened fire on your men tells me that you could have performed your duty more efficiently.

Furthermore, you claim that the Kempeitai is a part of the naval Forces. This is news to me. Hasn't the Kempeitai always been independent of the Naval Forces and State Police? Please clarify.

-Chokan Tomimoto Tachiko, KSP

End Transmission.
[color=transparent]GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Konnichi'wa Tachiko-san, good to hear you in good health and stuff... anyway, i had to disagree with this position set by Kishiro lawyers so don't be fooled by the sweet talks and false interpretations of the law. When you're fired upon you have to return fire - it's just a technical issue, the Kemepeitai was created by the meanings of swift reaction on any hostile actions and our pilots are trained to be prepared to such encounters.

When the Kishiro tends to think that their independent pilots are free to engage any lawful enforcing units to disrupt them from carrying out their duty and then getting away with it then they're wrong. Maybe it is right towards the State Police, tell us Tachiko-san, are Kishiro free to open fire on your men just for fun? I think the answer will be quiet interesting to hear.

Concerning people being not aware of the department we are related to - if you don't know mean our services are working well. However we are branching off the Naval Forces, i though that you must be aware of it.

We perform our duty efficient enough for it being the first incident of the transport ship opening fire on us just because he was in bad mood, who knows. He was not going to comply, he was not going to spend a little time for the simple procedure he just decided to fire on our ships and to take a lane in order to get away. We are warriors and we are putting our life in risk every day to protect the law abiding civilians and gusts of the Kusari, we are not going to tolerate such a disrespect and insult towards us.

That's all.

Channel Closed...

Konnichiwa honorable Chokan, I do not believe we have formally met but it is a great honor to finally have a communication with you.

A question still arises that I must ask, and it is jurisdictional authority over the Kempeitai. The Commander states "However we are branching off the Naval Forces, i though that you must be aware of it." If he is branching from the Naval Forces, does that not put his entire group under the command of the Naval Forces and Shosho Takahashi?

I would like clarification on this by the honorable Naval Forces Admiral herself, as Kishiro has always had good relation with our friends in the KNF. If, however, they are not part of the Naval Forces then section 1-2 as well as the entirety of Section 3 of the Kusari Legal Codex does not apply to their organization and their actions must report directly to the Minister of Defence.

Good day and Arigato.

Signed
Ayao Sakakibara
Kishiro Legal Department

--- CC: Ayao Sakakibara, Kishiro Legal Department

Begin Transmission:

[color=#FFFFFF]You are certainly well within your rights to return fire on any vessel that's trying to attack you or your men, commander. The fact that this Kishiro vessel shot at the Kempeitai will still be taken into consideration, and the matter will be dealt with. All I'm saying is that the situation should never have escalated to the point of gunfire.

I ask is that your men be more discrete in what they do. Nothing more. That's really the only thing I have an issue with, and the rest of this is just a bunch of legal-crap. From my perspective, you could have gone about your duties in a different way from the start of this whole encounter, and ended up with more favorable results.

End Transmission.
[color=transparent]Oh, Kusari.

Our methods could look harsh for someone however this is the whole point of our organization from the beginning, something always have to be trade for efficiency. We are not many and we are not a problem for those who keep the guns holstered. But in the tough environment we have to operate we have to act accordingly to situation.

For if the question is - have Kusari citizens something to be afraid of while dealing with the Kempeitai? Answer is no, Kusari citizens are under our protection. Our engagement protocols are clear on this matter, but it also stays that on fire our man have to react swiftly and return fire. Many criminals are hiding around the civilian stations and planets and no one can be sure where from the shot will come.

However i wish you a good luck in your duties gentlemen, we have a lot of work to be done.

Channel Closed...

Begin Transmission:

[color=#FFFFFF]Well, luckily for all of us, it seems that the charges against your group have been dropped, Commander. We're all free to get back to actually doing our work now, rather than argue about how to do out work.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

End Transmission.
[color=transparent]So, so sorry.