Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer ID and Gallic Civilian ships nerf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All other house ships are 100% efficient with the Freelancer ID, why isn't this the case for Gallia?

I do remember an infocard or two stating that Freelancers were the exception rather than the norm, though, so that'd be logical. But still, I'm curious about this.

EDIT: I figured this was more of a roleplay question than an actual Tech Nerf issue, which is why I posted this here.
<strike>Umm because the FL ID is a Sirian ID. Nobody uses Gallia tech without their EXPRESS permission. Freelancers caught in Gallia are just as dead as anyone else.</strike>

I am informed otherwise. I guess it has to do with Gallia itself being extremely miserly about what it shares and to whom.
I support it. Gallia is incredibly tight-fisted with its technology and wouldn't let those outside their total control use their ships.
What about a freelancer from and working in Gallia?
' Wrote:What about a freelancer from and working in Gallia?

Then you'd need a Gallic Freelancer ID with 100% efficiency on Gallic civilian ships and tech, but 90% efficiency on all Sirian civilian ships?
I had a freelancer ID in gallia with a gallia civ freighter. No nerf. Gallia civ guns no nerf. Just do not use non civ ships.
I'd understand this if it was a mix of Gallic civilian and Sirius civilian tech, but if it's all Gallic, then there should be no nerf. There is Gallic civilian ships and equipment for a reason... Gallic civilians.
' Wrote:I'd understand this if it was a mix of Gallic civilian and Sirius civilian tech, but if it's all Gallic, then there should be no nerf. There is Gallic civilian ships and equipment for a reason... Gallic civilians.

Several Gallic infocards stress the fact there is no Gallic independents and that everyone works under the crown, or is part of the less lawful organisations.

Being a Junker is the closest thing to being an independent most Gallics could ever achieve.
' Wrote:Several Gallic infocards stress the fact there is no Gallic independents and that everyone works under the crown, or is part of the less lawful organisations.

Being a Junker is the closest thing to being an independent most Gallics could ever achieve.
Except for the fact that there are Gallic "civilian" ships and equipment, not to mention the fact that the Council stirred everything up. Gallia has loosely-organized spacefaring pirates, tightly-organized spacefaring mafia, anti-Royalist spacefaring terrorists, and an entire anti-Royalist spacefaring military, it can't be that tightly controlled. Plus, the Brigands are said to often prey on small-time shippers who lack the resources and protection of the major companies, which implies that there are small-time shippers.
The previous tech-chart spreadsheet said Freelancer had green-cell access to Gallic Civilian but it had to remain in Gallia. And I thought that was bad.

Pages: 1 2