Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Unity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After receiving the detailed information about the location of the meeting, Dave sent an encrypted message to the first officers of Cerberus, Dan Beckz and Joe Daniels. He went towards Wichita as he saw Captain Neumann's progress and that his plans were followed in detail, he formed up with the 2 officers and headed towards Planet Curacao, Cortez.

Aproaching the planet's atmosphere the 2 Cerberus Bastet class VHF's and Synk's Echelon Class fighter which adapted the Sirius technology closer to the original aspect of the ship, "Lhtose", sent the ID protocols towards the hidden outpost that both sides agreed on the meeting. The 3 ships landed on the supporting landing platforms of the base. The 3 Cerberus agents began to walk towards the complex as Daniels and Beckz saw for the 2nd time Dave Synk yet again after all this time. Dave was radically changed, with several nano implants around his face and some impressive gadgets around his arms and legs. His NeutrinoAccelerated HandGun that was attached to his left hand activated itself on the standby mode, but he turned it off as he knew he was going to safe ground...

Dave : First of all nice to see you again my old friends, it was indeed a rush, and couldn't inform you well, you received the details on your holo comms, as we head towards the conference room of this small secret base, you can read the details... and yes... my weapon, soon all of you will have it *smiles*.

The 3 went into the base and walked in a long hall. At the end of it, there was a huge blast door that revealed after it, the highly sophisticated conference room, with holo devices, and visualization panels.

Dave : Here we are...
[Image: Zidane-chiseled.jpg]

Major Beckz stands beside Synk on his left hand side. The Major looks around the conference room, carefully mapping the escape routes in his head...

[color=#FF6600]Major Beckz:
Hmm, I hope we can trust these Gallics... If they are anything like the Navy I'm not so sure...

As the information about the meeting place reached the General, Gustave immediately started to prepare himself for the meeting. First of all he contacted Colonel Refaello Sanzio to take over the control of Champagne's defense forces. After the General informed the Colonel about the defense plans he was confident that nothing would happen during his absence. Without further ado he went to his light fighter, a Gecko class light fighter. It was perfect for such risky movements. After all the way from Champagne to Roussillon and then finally to Cortez is quite dangerous. Hence he needed a ship that is faster than others, so he can easily escape from the enemy. The way to Roussillon through Gallic space was fortunately uneventful.

As soon as he had reached Roussillon, he flew directly to Battleship Pamiers to meet the Commandant onboard the ship. He then immediately went to the bridge of the battleship and pointed at Commandant Anton Simard.

Gustave: Commandant, I need you on a mission. It's a meeting that will take place in Cortez on Planet Curacao. I will tell you the details later when we are moving to the location.

Anton nodded and informed the Captain to take the command. Gustave and Anton moved together to their ships and on the way they met Lieutenant Pierre LaFlamme. Gustave looked at him.

Gustave: Lieutenant, are you ready for a small trip to Curacao? It won't take long. I can guarantee that.

Pierre didn't hesitate and agreed. They all went to their ships and started to head to the Cortez system.

At arrival at Planet Curacao, Pierre and Anton secured the area around the docking pads, without even a word of the General. Gustave started to smile and laughed slightly.

Gustave: You can read my mind. Anyway, let's get going. They are probably already waiting for us.

Both nodded and followed the General with their hands on their guns, prepared for the unexpected. Anton looked weird at Gustave. It looked like he didn't knew the way to the hall where the meeting should take place.

Anton: Mon General, with all due respect, Sir. But do you actually know the way to the meeting place?

Gustave looked at Anton and smiled.

Gustave: Not at all. But sometimes you should just follow your nose. It will eventually lead you to the place you want to go to. Ah... look there! Told you! Just follow your nose!

They moved down the stairs and went along a corridor. A perfect place for an ambush. There was no cover. Anton and Pierre took their guns out and prepared themselves for uninvited guests. Gustave shaked his head as they took out their guns.

Gustave: They won't be needed. We are already here, mes amis.

The three entered the hall that was right infront of them. Anton and Pierre still looked quite nervous, still with their hands on their guns. Gustave looked around once they were in the hall.

Gustave: So... that should be the place. Looks comfortable. Let's just consider this as a small holiday rather than a business meeting.

As Gustave noticed the three persons in the corner close to them he went directly to them. Gustave was unsure what the right greet method was. So they just shaked each others hands.

Gustave: Aahh bonjour, mes amis. I hope you didn't wait too long here. We tried to be as fast as possible. But you have to understand that it is a long and dangerous way. Anyway, we are here to discuss important things between the Council and your group. I would say we take a seat and discuss all things throughly, oui?
Rousillon... It's been a month since Pierre been here. Of course, every month he comes back to hand over the reports to the Trade Division personally. This neither was different this time. At least he thought so. Paperwork. Pretty much of it, which he hated to do, but it was bearable to do once every month. He landed in the hangar of CLN Pamiers, got out of his Gecko, then headed to his small office two decks above. Meanwhile he tried to collect his thoughts about what to write in the report. Okay, so, first two weeks, until the upgrade of her, we scored about threehundre--

Gustave: Lieutenant, are you ready for a small trip to Curacao? It won't take long. I can guarantee that.

He didn't even get out of the hangar, General Mazuret himself approached him. With Commandant Simard, they were heading to their ships. Bah, paperwork can wait.

Pierre: Oui, monsieur, of course.

Pierre turned back to his fighter, hopped back in, ignited the engines, then followed the two other out to open space, then all the way to Curacao. During their way the General explained a bit about the meeting they will have, yet still not much, what made Pierre worry a bit. Meeting with a group called Cerberus. Who are they? Actually that was what they tried to find out. The only thing they know about that they hate the Gallic Royalists as well as The Council did. This could be a starting point, however Pierre was a bit new to diplomacy yet. He knew how to approach a royal, knew how to approach a merchant, etc, but this situation was new to him. He didn't know what exactly to expect, and this made him a bit nervous.

He knew Curacao for long, as it was part of his trade route, yet he didn't know it well, as the main commerce happened on the platform of Willemstad Centre, a planetary headquarters of the Orbital Spa & Cruise. The platform they were approaching seemed abandoned, empty. Perfect place for a meeting indeed, yet this emptiness just made Pierre more nervous. Upon landing he decided to secure the area, just to be sure. He took his sidearm and checked the vicinity. He heard the laughter of the General behind his back.
You can read my mind. Then he saw why: the Commandant did the same as Pierre.

Gustave: Anyway, let's get going. They are probably already waiting for us.

Nodding, he holstered his weapon, but kept a hand on it. Both followed the General, who after a while didn't seem to know where to actually go. Once they reached a narrow corridor, the General stopped, saying they are there. Strange, a narrow corridor, no place to cower themselves if something goes wrong. Pierre got used to be prepared for anything and he just didn't like the place they were at. Got out his sidearm again, which the General responded with shaking his head.

Gustave: They won't be needed. We are already here, mes amis.

These words did not calm Pierre, he kept his weapon in his hand while entering the hall with the other two. The General seemed to be quite easy on this meeting, as he would been negotiating thousand times before. Probably he has, making him more experienced in diplomacy than the Commandant or Pierre. They approached the three delegates of the Cerberus group. Pierre took his gun away to greet them as his amis did.

Pierre: Bonjour mesieurs, nice to meet you.

The General offered seats to all to begin the negotiations.
As he saw the 3 representatives of the Council, Dave put a charismatic and friendly smile.

Dave : Glad to meet you gentlemen. I will present to you Major Dan Becks, second in command of Cerberus, and Colonel Joe Daniels current leader of the organization. So shall we ?

He went with his agents at the table taking a seat. They were face to face with the Council diplomats. He stand up again and said..

Dave : It is a big opportunity for us to finally meet your group again. We've put a call for this meeting because we knew you are the only contact that supported us in the past as well and also the only group that now confronts a threat to us as well. As you, we are a resistance group, formed to maintain security of each human individual across the Sirius Sector. Cerberus passed alongside The Order a very difficult time, which was the Minor Catastrophe. But we've managed to move on, because we cannot permit to lower our guard down. Not now.

He then removed from his forearm attached device, a small cube. The others looked at him with mistrust, but he put the device on the table and pressed 2 parallel faces. The cube split into 2 pieces revealing a floating small sphere, which projected in air a very detailed holographic view of the Sirius Sector with real-time events. The amount of detail was incredible.

Dave : This is our beloved area of existance *he used his hand to switch different views of the Sector* As you can see the progress GRN made in the Taus.... Bretonian territory.... Kusarian.... *the map showed different colors representing the battlefronts* Currently the houses tried to push off the invaders, but the GRN's numbers are overwhelming. Since The Order isn't capable of pushing this sort of campaign, since they need to ensure protection of the newly formed systems since in the Omicrons, problems with the K'Haras are not so quiet, we have decided to make the first move into this.... with you. *took a long and serious look to the delegates*

The map continued to show different battle scenes and other problems across Sirius that were threatening the stabilization of the sector.

Dave : As you can see and problably knew, the situation is not that clear...

The device then switched to a complex schematic view of a GRN Battleship. And other known ships that were encountered by Cerberus drones.

Dave : We have limited intel about the inner systems of Gallia, as well for the other technologies they do use. That's why we called you. And having another ally into your campaign as well, might determine who has the upper hand in this cruel war for revenge. We are open to a close and strong collaboration...
As Daniels shook the hands of the delegates with a "bonjour" and a "I presume the trip went alright?" he poured himself a drink. A scotch without the ice. He sat down, listened to Synk and looked at the men from the Council with a determined look. When Synk had spoken and had sat down, Daniels stood up and started to walk through the room.

Daniels : Monsieurs, before I begin, If you would like a drink or perhaps a cigar you can snap your fingers and one of our waiters will be with you in a second to listen to each and every of your order. Now, as our good Doctor has already explained our situation right now we deem it important, just like you, to stop the Royalists. They have no interest in anyone or anything whatsoever.

He took a sip of his whiskey before continuing.

Daniels :
Today we would like to discuss our participation in this war. The way we see it The Council is the first and best line of defense against these invaders. If you fall the rest of Sirius will have to deal with the shock wave, and if that happens we believe the Royalists will have conquered every last bit. That is why we have come to you, on a neutral ground of course, to discuss how we can aid you in the best way possible.

He took a moment to look at each of the men, they were all battle hardened, if the rest of the Council's forces were just as experienced as these men the odds were shifting in their direction.

Daniels : The following I'm going to tell you is classified information. Cerberus is currently undergoing negotiations with two other organizations. We are going to construct a series of "floating cities" for the refugees that have been struck by the Royalists. As you may all know, they are pushing towards Planet Leeds, a planet with billions of people on it. We've made the start of a plan to succeed in this operation. We want to distract the majority of the Royalist forces back into Gallia, or the Taus. So that in the meantime, when the front at Leeds is weakened, we can get in, evacuate the people and move them back safely to the cities. To succeed in that matter we offer you a big part of our pilots and ships, we will bolster the attacking force and strike them at the home front.

With that final sentence he decided to sit down again, offering a chance to speak for the men of the Council. He then grabbed a cigar from his pocket.

Daniels : But this is just a quick draft of course, plenty of room for refinement. By the way, do you gentlemen mind if I would smoke this cigar?
Oui, the Minor Incident, he thought, I've heard about that, but I think I will look it up again later. Shame for the lives lost there for nothing. Pierre listened carefully Dave's words. The representative took out a cube, small one, opened it. Magnifique. The device looked like nothing else Pierre have ever seen, displaying a holographical map of the sector. As the man was speaking, the Lieutenant followed the changes on the map curiously, as well as comparing the things shown to his knowledge. Basically most of we know about their movements too, but in this form it looks way more organized. Then the map showed other attrocities along whole Sirius, which he barely knew anything about. Then it switched from the maps to wireframes of various Royal ships. Pretty much technological info, however not all and not so accurate, except the data about the Valor. I wonder since when they keep their eyes on the GRN.

Mister Synk then stopped his speech and sat down, giving opportunity to speak to the head of Cerberus. So Monsieur Daniels offers their help against the Royalists, good to hear we found another group we share our goals with. Hearing about the plans of evacuating Leeds raised thoughts in him: Is that planet really in that great danger already? Leeds is just too much industrialized for Bretonia to lose, if it falls, the next will be their capital. Then I don't know for how long will they be able to hold against the Gallic forces. Besides, if the Royal forces capture the factories on the surface, their war machine may be able to use it. Anyways, we have to act fast. His thoughts gave him a bit of worried look, but he didn't say anything. He decided to look at the General, waiting for his response.