Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Andrei Severus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Incoming transmission
ID: Vittorio "Vito" Sanchez

We just received your announcement and we are pleased.

However, we need more. We need you to tell everyone that those station can not be used as staging points for attacks on the Corsair Empire or any of its allies including ships supplying the Empire, of any affiliation. Do that and you will have a long and prosper life on Nine. Refuse and you will have a long and crappy life cleaning toilets on Etna.

I am curious about something: how exactly do you think we will be able to prove that certain groups and organizations use your bases to hit the Empire? It's easy for us to record someone running and docking on Nine or Corfu, but unless you agree to a permanent Corsair garrison to be stationed there your nice set of rules will not change anything. Of course, if you have any other solutions for this problem we are willing to discuss it.

We also request that you change the phrasing of point d) from "If the ship under attack provided assistance to a Zoner prior to the attack." to "If the ship under attack is currently providing assistance to a Zoner ship being attacked."

<div align="right]Vittorio Fernando de Sanchez Rodriguez of the Black Sails
Transmission closed
[Image: Mao-Transmission-mk2_01-1.png]
[Image: Mao-Transmission-mk2_02-1.png][Image: Mao-Transmission-mk2_03.gif][Image: Mao-Transmission-mk2_04-1.png]
[Image: Mao-Transmission-mk2_05.png]

Senor Vittorio Sanchez,

Greetings! Your first request is already covered by one of our rules but you are right and I see that the wording may be interpreted. I shall make another announcement on the same frequency, coming with an explanation for that rule.

For your secondary request, I have another solution. It is somehow similar to your garrison idea. Send an attache. I can make he will have an office, one on Nine. He will be included in the daily patrol route and that way,he will be able to monitor the traffic on both stations and he can also inform Crete in due time if he spots a fleet that goes to Gamma when it shouldn't. However, your man will only do that job, nothing else that could harm our relations with other groups. The rules of the Freeport will continue to apply to him. In addition, my men will also keep an eye on the sky, but we can't really cover everything out there so, another pair of eyes will be welcome.

Now, for the final point of your transmission, Rule 1, point d) has already been changed to a more precise time frame. The reason why I don't want to make it as you requested is... let me give you an example: Let's say, a zoner trader is under attack by a lone hostile. A freelancer that sees this engages the hostile and the zoner has time to escape to the Freeport. However, the hostile brings in reinforcements in order to kill the freelancer. He may want to dock now since he can't face multiple targets alone.

Now, senor, I suggest, for future messages, use a more polite tone and of course, remember threats won't help you, not when you deal with me.

Andrei Severus,
Freeport 9 Administrator
[Image: TransbarBottomMao.png]

Incoming transmission

Finally someone willing to work things out with us. I am impressed.

The Council of Elders will chose someone and send him your way. Make sure you treat him well, zoner. Do not even think about abusing our trust or you will bring upon you the wrath of the Empire.

Now, to the first order of business... Take a look at these images:
[1] [2]

I trust you will take care of this, si?

Transmission closed

[Image: Mao-Transmission-mk2_01-1.png]
[Image: Mao-Transmission-mk2_02-1.png][Image: Mao-Transmission-mk2_03.gif][Image: Mao-Transmission-mk2_04-1.png]
[Image: Mao-Transmission-mk2_05.png]

I know those images, senor. That corsair... Globalo made them available three days ago. Three days ago, that particular new rule of Freeport 9 was not in effect. But I will do something about it... I will make sure that pilot read and understood the new rules and that he will avoid such actions in the future.

Andrei Severus,
Freeport 9 Administrator
[Image: TransbarBottomMao.png]

Incoming transmission

That is not enough, we want them gone. If you can not handle it we will be forced to replace you with someone with bigger cojones.

Transmission closed