Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Omicroners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:::INCOMING TRANSMISSION:::

:::Comms ID: &^(*&@$(*%@.............Demostenes:::
:::Location: Freepo*&%^$#$(%^:::
:::Establishing data channel...
done:::
:::Establishing audio channel...
failed:::
:::Establishing video channel...
failed:::
:::Connection status...
recieve only:::

Brothers and Sisters of Omicrons.
I speak to you today as a simple, humble worker from one of Omicron Freeports.
For long years, we have been working hard to achieve our common goal. Our greater good. Our holy grail.
We'€™ve been trading, fighting, manufacturing... We'€™ve been starving and bleeding... We'€™ve been killing and dying...
All of this for one single goal.
We have been so busy that we didn'€™t notice that there'€™s a major question to ask.
But I ask you today. What is this goal?
What is the holy grail we'€™ve been working for so hard for so long?

Is it freedom? What is freedom then I ask you? Freedom of running an independent base, living independent life? Freedom of cruising our ships through open space? Freedom of speech? Freedom of taking responsibility for our own actions?
We'€™ve had it all before.

So maybe it'€™s some kind of pride?
Is it pride of being unique? Pride of independence from others? Pride of being being '€œus'€ when all others are being '€œthem'€?
I don'€™t think so.

So I ask you once again, and you should ask yourselves this question: What were we working for so hard for so long?

Did we achieve something?
Yes, we survived. Yes, we raised our children. Yes, we built our houses in distant parts of space.
But did we have to condemn ourselves to be exiles? Did we have to make ourselves aliens?
Was it necessary?

No, it wasn'€™t.
Now we are considered aliens. Unknown threat that is best to be dead. Like wild animals, fierce beasts killed just because of hunters'€™ fear.

Some of you will say '€œWe can fight back!'€. But can we? How long will it take before our ships will get melted in plasma fire? How long will it take before our homes will get crushed with seismic bombs? How long before our children get killed by those too afraid to see that we'€™re just like them?

Some of you will say '€œWe can go further, move our homes to the edge of universe!'€ But can we? Without contact with rest of humanity, how long will it take before we become the very beasts they think we are? How long before we will find enough differences between ourselves to start fighting? How long will it take before our society will become an empty shell floating in space forever?

'€œSo what should we do?'€ some of you may ask...
And I will answer you. We are zoners! We don'€™t have much, but what we have, we share. Share with whoever needs it.
We have our ships. We know our space like no one else. Why don'€™t we help those traders wandering around threatened and pirated?
We have our homes. Bases that served us for years. Why don'€™t we share this shelter with anyone who needs a drink or a place to sleep?
We have our shipyards, biodomes and factories. Why don'€™t we trade goods we worked hard to make for other goods that we need?
We have our beloved children. Why don'€™t we allow them find their way of living amongst others?

Lets show that we'€™re not to be afraid of. That we'€™re not these fierce beasts. That we are generous guardians of peace.
Let us be Angels of Omicrons! Angels of mercy and pity! Angels of wisdom and knowledge! And only in last resort - Angels of Revenge and Death.

They hate us because they don'€™t know anything about us. Let them know us and love us for who we are. Angels of Omicrons.

Demostenes

:::Connection terminated:::