Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: History of the Discovery, Exploration and Colonization of Tentaclelandia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aurélie's shuttle passed with ease all of the Royal checkpoints incognito. Sneaking past a final patrol of Royalists before setting course to the Champagne anomaly in Burgundy, she makes a final check on her luggages. Enough blasters and knives to take out a battalion, and her skimpiest-yet-still-socially-appropriate-dresses, her esthetic kits.

You never are prepared enough.

Navigating through Jumpholes became a second nature to her, especially during the period which the Royalists blockaded the Core Worlds. It was a necessary skill to master to visit her estates New-Paris, after all. Without breaking a sweat, she sets course to Planet Marnes, where she was awaited.

After clearing the final Council checkpoint, she was given clearance to Marnes. Upon entering the planet,s atmosphere, she gave in a deep gasp. She hadn't seen the sights of an industrial planets in years, as she usually sends other people deal on those garbage piles instead of dirtying her own hands. She was glad to finally reach the Council's HQ on the planet: it looked much less like a dump than the rest of the planet, and much more like a 5 star resorts. Reminded her of home, even. Except home was a lifeless, cold rock with billions of credits invested inside in an attempt to turn it into something potent.

Landing nearby her rendez-vous points, she eagerly jumps out of her pod and throws her luggages at the first person coming down to greet her, not even facing theold decorated officer. "If you so please, take these to my room. And get someone to take me to Général Mazuret."
As the officer got the luggages pressed in his arms, he let out a slight sigh and mumbled something. "One second please, someone will come to show you the way to the General." The officer left the landing pad with the luggages and went directly to Aurélie's apartment.

Shortly afterwards another officer appeared and went directly to Aurélie. "Bonjour mademoiselle Aurélie, I hope you are not waiting for too long here. I had to finish a few paperworks before I could come down to the landing pad. Forgive me." The officer looked quite disappointed in himself and started to fall in thoughts. After a few minutes he noticed that Aurélie was staring at him, waiting to be led to the General. "Oh... I forgot, I have to take you to the General. Please follow me." Both left the landing pad and went inside a huge building with corridors, rooms and doors everywhere. They went past the first corridor and entered several doors. "It is not easy to find anything here in this huge building. Even I tend to forget the way to certain rooms. Ah! Now to the left. We are already close." They went up the stairs and past the next corridor until they finally reached the General's apartment, guarded by two soldiers. They were very nervous at the arrival of Aurélie, but yet very focused. The officer went to a terminal and pushed a button. "Mon General, Aurélie LaBrise is here." A few seconds passed until a voice came. "She can come in." The officer looked at Aurélie and nodded. "You may enter now. I guess my work is done here."

As Aurélie entered the apartment of the General, the first thing that caught her sight was a nice decorated room for living and business purposes. On the walls there were pictures of famous people and besides each picture there were Council flags, with Council's logo on each flag. The apartment offered everything that was needed to make a living, including a bathroom, kitchen, living room and a business room, precisely the room where she is right now. In the middle of the business room was a table, with electrical devices on it and papers all over the table. The General was sitting on the chair infront of the table, looking at some documents. He did not notice Aurélie until she started to walk towards him. Gustave stood up, took a comfortable chair for Aurélie and put it on the other side of the table. "Welcome Aurélie, please take a seat." As soon as Aurélie sat down, Gustave immediately began to talk about the main topic that was mentioned on the communication channel, the Outcast threat. "Now, as you know, the Outcast threat has recently breached into Gallia. They get sighted more than previously in our sectors. Also, they recently started to attack civil transports with Refugees onboard, who were leaving Gallia to find a new home for these people. Fortunately the transports have all managed to pass the way without any further problems. But fact is that the Outcasts are becoming more aggressive than before. We cannot allow them to hurt innocent people, who merely search for a new hope, for a new life. Moreover the Outcast drug, called Cardamine, spreads into Gallic colonies and harm the inhabitants there. This madness has to stop and I would like to ask you for help against these pirates. I hope you agree with me that we have to act fast. If you have any ideas on how to stop this threat, do not hesitate to share them." Gustave stopped to offer Aurélie a chance to speak her mind off.