Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Die Wilden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Alright. No flames. That's two miffing topics locked, with the "discussion" (pfft) no where near a close.

That said, I'm going to put forward right now that Praetyre asked me to be a part of this. I'm working on a nice little background story for a character in between work and forum-trolling, and am quite honored to have been asked on to this project.

Now, I'd like to re-open discussion about Die Wilden. I'm making no claims any which way about the faction proposal itself, that's admin decision and I respect that. What I'd like to see is discussion about how the Wild behave, how to enhance RP stemming from them, and most importantly, how to make interacting with them as interesting for all involved as is possible.

Once again,

[color=#FF0000]-NO FLAMES-

and have a real discussion. We as a community are certainly capable of it, aren't we?
It's "Die Wilden", not "Das Wilde". Babelfish is evil, remember.
' Wrote:ITS A TRAP

Bad Dusty Lens. *hits with Nomad towel*

' Wrote:It's "Die Wilden", not "Das Wilde". Babelfish is evil, remember.

THAT is useful information (which I vaguely remember). Fixed, thank you very much.
I'm onboard with the the Die Wilden.. persuant to my usual grumpiness.

I just hope they eat Harvesters for breakfast.. heh.

Appropriate PMs sent to the appropriate, and the inappropriate, parties.

Mal
Regarding the translation... who says it needs to be plural or gender specific? The Nomads could be a hive mind of sorts, with no genders that we are familiar with. As it stands, I'll be referring to them by their name in English, to keep things simple.:D

Anyway, looks good.
' Wrote:Regarding the translation... who says it needs to be plural or gender specific? The Nomads could be a hive mind of sorts, with no genders that we are familiar with. As it stands, I'll be referring to them by their name in English, to keep things simple.:D

Anyway, looks good.

That's actually a decent consideration. The vanilla faction is tagged "Wild-", and isn't gender/numerically specific. It might be something to play around with, and would, as you said, keep it English and keep it simple.
i thought its about the faciton - besides. both "das wilde" as well as "die wilden" describes a plural. "das wilde" is neutral to the personae used. while "die wilden" is plural of "der wilde/die wilde". - anyway.....

i d say, only install a wild faction if the nomad faction runs flawlessly. - currently it doesn t, so we should wait with yet another terrorist faction.

whatever the plans, i suggest to make the wild faction open for all that wish to join - as opposed to the keepers that are invite only. other than that, i wouldn t care much about it - the wild has a very limited zoi and are similar to the LSF, imo ( acting "from the second row" sort of )
' Wrote:i thought its about the faciton - besides. both "das wilde" as well as "die wilden" describes a plural. "das wilde" is neutral to the personae used. while "die wilden" is plural of "der wilde/die wilde". - anyway.....

i d say, only install a wild faction if the nomad faction runs flawlessly. - currently it doesn t, so we should wait with yet another terrorist faction.

whatever the plans, i suggest to make the wild faction open for all that wish to join - as opposed to the keepers that are invite only. other than that, i wouldn t care much about it - the wild has a very limited zoi and are similar to the LSF, imo ( acting "from the second row" sort of )

das wilde - the wildness
die wilden - group of wild people
things/beings which are known as neutral are mostly concidered male. you know ... like "der zerg" or something
i would suggest to use the english term anyway.

on topic, i think it wont be big of a difference if the faction is invite only or open to join by application. considering the really sensitive RP/PvP balance here, only very experienced RPers would be allowed to join anyway.

on a further note, i doubt that, if i was a wild, i would continue at a place where i was defeated and had to flee from los battle. as we saw, it was common to use nomad artefacts even in bars! people in rheinland know what they are like, how they act. in my opinion, they should relocate to a place where people never or at least rarely had contact with infested people. liberty, bretonia, borderworlds.
I like the idea but as these are like the npc faction they should act like these aswell, hanging out in their own home system, the omegas and rheinland maybe even sigma 13 but not outside of that territory.

Ofcourse their setup phase is an exception.

I would love to see these buggers, Would also give an impulse to the Rheinland military and rheinland factions seeing that they are kinda getting more and more inactive at the moment and they would have a good target besides the hessies then. (this would also improve the chance of a good RP war between liberty and rheinland as is kinda coming soon).

Und aber naturlich will ich dabei sein... if they accept me...
' Wrote:I'm onboard with the the Die Wilden.. persuant to my usual grumpiness.

I just hope they eat Harvesters for breakfast.. heh.

Appropriate PMs sent to the appropriate, and the inappropriate, parties.

Mal
/signed completely

seriously, i hope the faction gets approved eventually.
i thing you all do a good job:)

-Vape
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7