Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: THE HASAKI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[font=Courier New]PRISONER 555
[font=Courier New]Society'€™s Outcast

[font=Courier New]818 A.S. January 26th
Planet New Tokyo, The Supermax

[font=Courier New]The eye-soaring lamp which was attached to the ceiling via a thin iron-chain slowly moved back and forth like a pendulum. The constant pattern which it took attracted a hypnotizing effect to the viewer. Did the Kempeitai honestly rely on ancient interrogation techniques or was this just an attempt to psychologically break me down? There was no time for answering questions that surfaced from my stressed mind, when ironically time was all that I had left.

'€œTHERE HAS TO BE MORE!'€ The Warden who was the head supervisor of the New Tokyo Supermax, burst out as he slammed his fist on the table.

You could see the formation of a temporary red bruise slowly appearing on the bottom surface of his hand. No doubt the blood located there had been heavily pressed against the cold metal table I was resting my arms on. These arms which were bound by an invisible shackle. How could one be at rest when you are constantly under surveillance? It is enough for me to know that they are there, watching my every move. It didn'€™t matter if they conducted their business behind the scenes or up-front. The same feeling still crept behind me like a persistent shadow who refused to disappear.

Finally I regained my senses and my conscious was once more thrown back into the present world. The world where I was a modern slave for the higher authority.

[color=#99ee22]'€œOperations, schemes, command structures - you have received every bit of information I posses in regards to the Hanta Iseijin and the 113th division of the Kusari Naval Forces.'€

I could only hear a faint grunt coming from the other side of the table. I figured that while I still had his attention I might as well use it for something more entertaining.

'€œOh actually, I forgot to mention something.'€ I added.

The Warden lit up his eyes in a flash, he was under the impression that finally, they had won. That I had raised the white-flag and surrendered myself entirely to this fear-mongering group of legal criminals.

'€œSuperintendent-sama, yesterday I visited the ramen shop located in the basement of this building you have me currently imprisoned in. I must say you have really outdone yourself and I applaud you for your great taste in food! That tori-pai-tan version your cook makes with that tasty chicken patty - if there existed a heaven, this would be it! And I appreciate the artistic flavour they put into it as well, don'€™t look so innocent over there I know it was your creative touch that put the sparkle in that lemon. Furthermor-'€

I was interrupted by a powerful punch to my right cheek. It left a pulsating pain and a swollen skin. Oddly enough I found myself appreciating the pain, it made me feel something... and I haven'€™t felt anything for such a long time now.

'€œThink you are funny now do you? You insignificant little whore. If you think you had an easy time here at the penitentiary it will be nothing compared to what will come next.'€

The Warden was at the brink of exploding into a psychotic rage, I suspected he was receiving heavy flak from his superiors, most likely for dealing out promises he couldn'€™t hold. He had probably hoped to extract a lot more valuable information from me. Surprisingly there was very little I had left to give, save for the absolute vital pieces but those were strictly personal anyways. Despite this they had still overestimated me to a degree.

'€œThrow her into the isolation cell until her very existence withers away! You will be erased from history little girl and nobody will be here to care.'€ He finished off with a mocking grin before he disappeared into the shadows again.

I don'€™t expect much other than a slow and painful death. At least I won'€™t give them the satisfaction to hear me cry for mercy. Everything else is broken now - but the hopeless integrity that I cling my remaining life on.
[font=Courier New]CHASING GHOSTS
[font=Courier New]The Commander

[font=Courier New]818 A.S. January 27th
Barrier Gate Station, Coronado

[font=Courier New]'€œMiss Sakura?'€ the words buzzed in her ears as she maneuvered her fingers through the dense wiring, [color=#99FFFF]'€œMiss Sakura? Are you down there?'€

Zoey Sakura removed her hand from the complex inner-workings of her Imp Debilitator, sliding out from under her Chimaera. To greet her, were two fairly average looking men, probably business men of some sort. One was Kusari, in a fairly expensive suit, and the other was a scruffy man, either Bretonian or Libertonian, though his accent wore the coat of neither.

'€œMake it quick, I have to be in 37 within the next six hours.'€

'€œChange of plans'€ The Kusari man spoke this time, '€œThe transport you asked about, the Cherry Blossom, it's been destroyed in a pirate raid.'€

The words he spoke were nonsense, all but two. Cherry Blossom was the latest codeword Zoey had received, she was being contacted directly by the Kempeitai.

'€œOh, that's terrible news. The Zoners will have to wait'€ Zoey frowned, checking the chopshop for stray pilots or engineers, '€œCome with me, we can talk about it over drinks.'€

The two men patiently followed, as Zoey led them through several bustling corridors to a large open galleria, lined with shops selling everything from trinkets to groceries.

'€œSo you traveled all the way from Kyushu, how was the journey?'€

'€œRough'€

Up one set of stairs and they found themselves on a level with a couple of cocktail bars and one Bretonian Ale House, though it was closed down for business at this time, it's old-fashioned structure looking sorely out of place amongst the modern buildings.

Zoey felt her hands around the door frame, pulling a small keycard from a dusty crevice. She swiped it through the card reader, a satisfying 'click' welcoming them into the abandoned Ale House.

'€œThe owner of this pisshole got arrested a month ago for brewing Christmas beer in bathtubs in the cellar, nearly blew up half the plaza.'€

'€œIs this place secure?'€ the scruffy man shut the door behind them,

'€œSecure as can be, what's up?'€

'€œDid you send a 'thank you' card to Honshu this week?'€

More codewords, they were ensuring that she was in fact, Zoey Sakura.

'€œIonstorms, I'll send one next week'€

'€œGood'€ the Kusari man spoke, without a smile, "Alexander Yamakazi, former Kempeitai Commander and a current traitor. The two teams of agents assigned to him have turned up with nothing in nearly a year.'€

'€œSo?'€

'€œYou knew the man, you flew with him, you know his techniques, you know how he thinks.'€

'€œNo one really knows how he thinks, he was a loner, he didn't connect with anyone.'€

'€œYou're the closest agent to him who hasn't defected, gone missing or turned up dead.'€

'€œAnd we've recently come across some intel, the location of a man who we believe has met with Yamakazi in the last month. Perhaps even sheltered him or provided him with a safe house.'€

'€œAnd you think I'm your best shot at snagging him? With all due respect gentlemen, he's a ghost, he spent his whole life under the radar, I'm not sure he knows how to even live above it, not for a second.'€

'€œRegardless, you leave for New Tokyo immediately.'€

'€œPack a coat, New Tokyo is experiencing an extra cold winter this year.'€
[font=Courier New]GENDAITO
[font=Courier New]The Tiger’s Last Birth

[font=Courier New]818 A.S. February 1st
Planet Honshu, Kempeitai HQ

[font=Courier New]CODENAME: [color=#FFCC99]GENDAITO
Full name: ██████ ███████

SUMMARY

The asset has been the acting as an Kempeitai field operator for missions regarding █████ and █████. Hand picked along with a few others by the Emperor himself for covert operations deep inside enemy and █████ territory. Excellent knowledge of both houses and their systems.

BACKGROUND

During the █████ ███, unable to predict the length of the war, top ███████ officials developed a project codenamed TIGER'S BIRTH. The project involved agents recruiting promising prospects, in which ███████ from the age of 10 to 18 were taken into service, with approval from their families. All records of their existence were deleted. The respective families were forced to sign a confidentiality agreement and in return compensated for their contribution. The project was scrapped shortly after launch date as it was deemed inhumane in accordance to the Kusari Legal Codex.

The recruited agents were trained in the following fields: flight-combat, guerrilla warfare, hand-to-hand combat, ███████, infiltration, interrogation, survival skills and numerous other minor techniques. No detailed records exist about the project and it was labeled TOP SECRET.

Certain files were provided to the nation-wide news channel by an anonymous person, codename TORPEDO. Those files used the exact codename as the above mentioned project, however, were declared false by the Kempeitai and the Kusari State Police. If the files are to be believed, assets under the project TIGER'S BIRTH tutorship are responsible for numerous high risk operations in enemy and █████ territory, as well as some assassinations, for which the government has formally stated are not legitimate. The only thing that the government has confirmed is the signature on these documents, signatures of one Alexander Yamakazi whom was recently declared an enemy of the Empire on the accounts of high treason and is also suspected to be the mastermind behind the project. Whether these allegations are true has yet to be proven, however, huge amounts of resources has been invested on locating and apprehending said subject.

Current status of the agency's asset is unknown. Last known location of operation █████. The mission was to infiltrate a ██████ █████ ██████ base, and extract a █████ informer. Operation was successful. More information regarding the operation is unavailable. In case of capture, the Kusari Empire and the Kempeitai will deny the asset's existence.
[font=Courier New]TORPEDO
[font=Courier New]The Man Behind the Curtain

[font=Courier New]818 A.S. February 3rd
Kyushu System, Nansei Research Complex

[font=Courier New]'€œWe are dealing with a mass-murderer here...

...a downright psychopath.

This guy has slipped through every defensive barrier we have put up. Security entrances, system check-points, monitoring stations. There is not a single lock in this world he can'€™t crack.

Codename: TORPEDO is a damn Ghost, a shadow that lurks in the night and disappears at sunrise. We got nothing on him, no data whatsoever to cross-reference, not even so much as a blurry picture!

What the hell are we going to do?'€

[color=#FFFFFF]'€œThese files don'€™t add up.'€

'€œHow so?'€

'€œThe Kempeitai are practically depicting a senseless serial killer.'€

'€œWell that'€™s what I said, the guy is a psychopath! A good one at that.'€

'€œLook at the people he has targeted. High-rollers from the Samura Corporation, pro-Samura political figures and Naval Officers that are loyal to the current regime. He is systematically destabilizing the current political powers of the Kusari House, and he knows that too. How could the Kempeitai overlook this? It was blatantly obvious considering the targets.'€

'€œWait a minute, where did you receive these files from anyways?'€

'€œFrom our intelligence superior, who else?'€

'€œDid he personally hand over the files to you or was that simply a statement made on the papers?'€

'€œOh hell, you are right! I should have suspected something with the mission drop-off. It didn'€™t follow standard procedures at all. Then again I didn'€™t give it much of a thought considering the importance of the mission.'€

'€œBut. It would require a great deal of finesse and influence to manipulate those files before they reached us. Information of this magnitude isn'€™t just handed out like a piece of candy, they are under constant surveillance.'€

'€œNot to mention those files are classified under a grade-six operation.'€

'€œKato, we were played - badly.'€

'€œHe tricked us. He made the path and we followed. Like lost children we ended up running in a circle that lead us nowhere.'€

'€œMakes no sense, who could have pulled off something like this?'€

'€œInside job?'€

'€œPossible. But we should slow down on the conspiracy theories.'€

'€œWell what if he managed to infiltrate the Kempeitai?'€

'€œNo, way too risky, he had eyes following his every move.'€

'€œThis tells us one thing though, someone or something with a lot of influence managed to plant an infiltrator inside our own Intelligence Service. A person was sent in to do the job. Tamper the documents and distract our attention. Meanwhile TORPEDO took out one target after the other.'€

'€œBut take a look at the targets again Kumori. Everything was related to the Samura Corporation, even the political figures. Every single one of them support Samura on a government level. Who would have an interest in hurting Samura and the current political powers that backed them?'€

'€œBlood Dragons?'€

'€œDo you think the Blood Dragons could infiltrate the Kempeitai? They may be fierce in combat but they lack the influence to accomplish such an incredibly difficult task - not to mention evading all forms of detection.'€

'€œWell who else besides them and those cardamine-addicted femme fatales would win on this?'€

'€œ...'€

'€œKISHIRO!'€

'€œThose bastards. They have both the power and the interest to be part of this scheme. Especially with the war against Bretonia going badly recently.'€

'€œDon'€™t forget that there has been rumours of a coup as well. This might be the preparation for a swift transition.'€

'€œThis is bigger than TORPEDO, he was just a tool. A professional assassin. If we want to expose them we need to find out who exactly hired him and we can only do that by catching TORPEDO himself.'€

'€œWe both know that there are certain elements within Kishiro that has financed the Blood Dragons in the past. I can recall numerous events where I have seen suspicious acts, but nothing concrete enough to hold in court.'€

'€œWhat if TORPEDO is a Blood Dragon? After all he is a skilled killer.'€

'€œA theory worth exploring. I say we take a trip to the Dragon'€™s Den and extract this bastard out of there.'€

'€œYou are kidding right? You just think we can blitz into Chugoku and call out whoever is responsible for these assassinations? And even if we did manage to get there without having half our ship blasted to bits, how would you proceed further? It'€™s not like they are going to simply hand him over.'€

'€œOkay so maybe my plan wasn'€™t the most thought out one but do you have any better ideas?'€

'€œYeah. We bring others with us.'€

[font=Courier New]818 A.S. February 6th
New Tokyo System, Planet New Tokyo.

[font=Courier New]'€œThree days and we are right back where we started.'€

[color=#99DDCC]'€œThere is not a single agent under our division that we can trust with this kind of information.'€

'€œYeah I understand that. Because if they compromise this mission, not only will Torpedo walk away free, but we will be apprehended for false allegations against one of the largest enterprises in Kusari.'€

'€œWith their army of lawyers they would blow this whole thing way out of proportion and we would most likely be sentenced for treason. That punishment doesn'€™t come with sandy beaches and a soft drink either.'€

'€œTrue enough, furthe- Hold on. You see that man over there? He is walking straight towards us.'€

'€œI don'€™t recognize his face.'€

'€œMe neither. Stay frosty.'€

A medium-sized man with a stout torso was walking towards Kato and Kumori. Each step after the other seemed to be carefully positioned and the man'€™s eyes peered like his attention was extremely concentrated at the two of them.

'€œOperative Gendaito, I'€™m here for the job as requested.'€

'€œI'€™m sorry, who were you again?'€

'€œOperative Gendaito, sir. Were you not informed by your superior?'€

'€œOh damn, Kato do you think the-'€

'€œStay quiet Kumori. Operative Gendaito, communication has remained silent for the past three days. What is this about, why are you here and why should we trust you?'€

'€œI was instructed to assist with your operation in regards to locating codename Torpedo. They expected faster results. And if I was your enemy you would be dead by now.'€

'€œWell. Things have changed since we started, Operative.'€

'€œDo you care to elaborate, sir?'€

'€œWe have reached a broken bridge that cannot be crossed. If we tell you what we have learned you might cost us our lives, but at this point we have to take a leap of faith. Besides, you don'€™t look like the kind of guy who work under our division. Let'€™s move to the safe house, we will brief you on everything we know. What you are going to do with it remains to be seen.'€
[font=Courier New]CHASING GHOSTS
[font=Courier New]The Commander

[font=Courier New]818 A.S. February 6th
New Tokyo System, Planet New Tokyo

[font=Courier New]Blades of lightning cut through New Tokyo's skyline, challenged only by the roar of furious thunder, fighting its way through the pouring rain. Darkness crawled slowly through the villages, gripping each of the dwellings, caressing them.

Just outside of the village of Fukushu was a small warehouse, with a little chopshop on the side. This building was well known for selling stolen and scrapped ship parts, and providing a safe house for Hogosha on the run. Tonight however, was poker night.

"All in, I'm feeling good about this one" The largest thug smiled, his grin showing a large array of golden and platinum teeth,

[color=#3388FF]"You'll regret that, baka, I'm all in too"
A dirty little farmer hissed, throwing all of his credit chips in,

"Um, aw... hell..." The last player at the table glanced over the cards once more, nervously biting his lip,

"Hurry up and make a choice, before I make one for you"

Before the nervous player could speak, there was a deafening crack as the safe house door burst open, a shotgun blast making short work of the petty iron locks. The three players, along with the other seven men present all jumped to their feet, grabbing each of their personal weapons, from concealed .22 handguns, to fully automatic assault rifles.

"Which one of you weasels is Troy Shukowa?" the intruder yelled from the door, rain and storm at her back, a large bore shotgun in her hands,

"Who is asking?" the largest thug whimpered, cradling his pistol, hoping he wouldn't have to use it,

"Zoey Sakura is asking, where is Shukowa?"

The dirty farmer took his left hand off the grip of his hunting rifle, raising his hand slowly.

Zoey lowered her shotgun and moved forward into the room, her intimidating demeanor causing each man to question her motives.

"I have some questions for you, and you're going to answer them."

"And why should I do that?"

Zoey pulled out a small credit chip and tossed it across the room, landing it squarely on the pile of chips from the game.

"Five million credits says you're going to tell me where I can find a man called Alexander Yamakazi"

"Oh... Chikusho!"

"Cool it, baka"
the farmer frowned at Zoey, "Close the door, we can talk"

[font=Courier New]818 A.S. February 7th
Planet New Tokyo, Safe House B-Five

[font=Courier New]'€œCorrect me if I'€™m wrong here;

You, or the both of you are claiming that the Kishiro have planted one or more infiltrators within the Kempeitai Intelligence Service, manipulated the entire mission briefing and all relevant leads in regards to codename Torpedo, so that you guys would waste all your efforts on a wild-goose chase that would in turn provide an open window for Torpedo to assassinate specific pro-Samura targets which would ultimately help Kishiro prepare for a political coup against the current ruling regime. Did I understand you two correctly?'€

[color=#FFFFFF]'€œYes I know, I know - it sounds like a lose string of events with little to no hard evidence to support it.'€

'€œDid the two of you just stop for a second to think about the targets Torpedo allegedly finished off solo? Have you ever heard of someone who could accomplish something of similar magnitude?'€

'€œWell when you put it that way...'€

'€œLet me tell you something. I have worked for the Kempeitai before the two of you even learned how to fly your first ship. I'€™m an expert at infiltration, sabotage and reconnaissance. I can take down three bogeys in one go and get out before the next patrol even notices their disappearance. I have never under my entire career seen someone single-handedly assassinate this many people without even leaving so much as a skin cell from the crime scene.

And you are telling me that this so-called Torpedo accomplished all of this but also took out simultaneously a large set of individuals whom had extremely influential positions on the political field. The type of people whom others would know if they went missing.

You want to know what I think? Your theory might be as true as what the mission briefing says about Torpedo. All I can confirm is that this man is capable of things that only one person comes to my mind. And he has been dead for a long time.'€

'€œWho?'€

'€œAlexander Yamakazi.'€

'€œNo, that is impossible.'€

'€œReally now Kato? You said it yourself, the assassinated targets was a systematic attempt at destabilizing the current governmental figureheads. True, the Kishiro wins on this for the simple fact that the government has always been pro-Samura in many regards but that doesn'€™t necessarily mean that Kishiro can infiltrate the Kempeitai. What if it'€™s simply the agenda of a hated man? Who defied our Emperor, betrayed our nation and banded up with the Blood Dragons? Alexander Yamakazi has the life-time experience of remaining unnoticed, you really think two Kempeitai Agents are going to stop him?'€

'€œLet'€™s us assume for a second that what you say is true, we would still be required to enter Blood Dragon space in any remote chance whatsoever to locate this man. And neither you or us have the first-hand experience in that territory.'€

'€œYou are right, that'€™s why we need the only person who knows how to get us in unharmed.'€

'€œYeah? And who would that be?'€

'€œPrisoner 555'€

[font=Courier New]818 A.S. February 8th

[font=Courier New]The safe houses which are spread across different Planets throughout Kusari are designed for multiple purposes by the Kempeitai. Depending on the nature of the operation at hand, the services these buildings can provide to one or more agents range from a simple arms storage to a fully established HQ.

New Tokyo'€™s Safe House B-Five which was currently dedicated to Agents Kato and Kumori carried an architectural value to it as well. As one would reach the solid glass doors at the main entrance, the house would signal a feeling as if it was opening up around you. Large sheets of glass covered the main porch protecting the whole space from the rain while at the same time eliminating shadows under the overhang.

Layers of sleek metal, soft landscape and frameless glass made the upper terrace merge visually with the landscape below, blurring the distinction between house and site. High hedges, stone walls and strategically placed trees blocked the view of the street and the surrounding houses making the site merge visually with the ocean beyond.

One could easily mistake this entire installment as an act of peacocking from a man with too much wealth on his hands, and that was exactly the intended point. It provided the perfect cover for what was actually conducted inside.

'€œGendaito, are you aware that according to this database Prisoner 555 is classified as a triple-A criminal and is currently locked up in New Tokyo Supermax. You know that place agents refer to as The Fortress?'€ Kato asked with a concerned tone.

Gendaito didn'€™t hesitate to respond in hopes of quenching any anxiety that Kato may had felt regarding this whole ordeal.

[color=#FFCC99]'€œThat be as it may Kato but I'€™m sure with the already generous level of authorization your Section Chief has granted you, we could simply demand for a temporary release of said prisoner under our direct supervision.'€

Kato shook his head in disbelief.

'€œYou are crazy if you think they are going to comply with such a request. However, I guess it'€™s either that or forcefully breaking the prisoner out. Either way we are going to end up committing a crime.

'€œLying and violating Kempeitai protocol, or better yet, jail-break! Perfect, just what we needed Kato.'€ Kumori chipped in with a sarcastic voice.

'€œI don'€™t need your lessons in ethics right now Kumori.'€ Kato retorted before he lifted himself up from the chair.

As he was heading towards one of the nearby rooms he stopped mid-track, turned his head around and said; '€œBy the way Kumori. Stay completely quiet when we get there.'€

He then continued walking, but stopped once more before Kumori even had time to respond. '€œIn fact don'€™t come at all. Keep a good watch on the house.'€

New Tokyo System, Planet New Tokyo.

[font=Courier New]The time had finally come to take a step towards progress. Little of that had been made over the past few days and now was the one and only chance for Kato to turn theory into fact. Accompanied by Operative Gendaito, Kato was headed for New Tokyo Supermax. The objective was clear as day, retrieve Prisoner 555.

As they approached the facility they had to pass numerous control points and become subject to state of the art biometric scanners that could detect anomalies on a molecule-level. In conjunction with routinized patrols and the eye in the sky, everything indicated that it was virtually impossible to help someone escape from this place. This would be a hit or miss mission, and the failure would cost them the entire operation.

'€œFunny...'€

[color=#FFCC99]'€œHm?'€

'€œOh I just find it a bit amusing that in the end, finding Codename Torpedo rests on the shoulders of an unwanted social degenerate who has been locked away from civilized society indefinitely.'€

'€œI don'€™t even find that slightly amusing, Kato.'€

'€œWell maybe you are just as hollow as you sound. Operative.'€

A moment of silence passed but was quickly interrupted by the rock-solid voice of a military costumed man.

'€œAgents, I'€™m known here simply as The Warden and I have not received any prior message in regards to your arrival. Perhaps one of you could shed some light to the situation.'€

Kato immediately stepped forward to indicate that he was the man The Warden should speak to. Gendaito simply leaned to the nearby wall observing from a small distance.

'€œSir, I apologize for not informing you in advance but the circumstances called for a swift action. We are aware that someone under the call-sign Prisoner 555 is held as a legal captive in your institution.'€

The Warden peered his eyes in suspicion. '€œThat is correct. What is your interest in Prisoner 555?'€

'€œSir, with all due respect, I have been authorized by Section Chief Hiroto Kobayashi to apply any means necessary to complete a grade-six operation. We require Prisoner 555 and will act as the supervisors for this individual under the entire duration of the mission. Once said mission is completed we will personally escort Prisoner 555 back to New Tokyo Supermax where you will regain full control of the subject.'€

The Warden was carefully weighing the decision between defying the authorization of a Section Chief and letting two unknown agents find out about the illegal torture methods that had been used against Prisoner 555. Something that the New Tokyo press would quickly turn into a scandal and the nature of the crime itself would probably lead to costing him his job.

'€œAgent Kato. That was your name right? You sure know how to put up a strong case, I give you that, but what you are requesting is that I should put my trust into two people I have never met before to handle a triple-A classed criminal. As you must be well aware by now, the regular cardamine dealer doesn'€™t end up in New Tokyo Supermax. Here is where the worst of the worst get shoved into small isolated cells, the dead end. You don'€™t enter this place and leave alive and I intend to keep that tradition for as long as I'€™m The Warden.

Consider your request officially denied Agent.'€

Kato snapped back. '€œB-but you can'€™t just-'€

'€œOh I just did. I'€™m even questioning your so-called authorization from Section Chief Kobayashi considering the fact that your arrival came unwarranted. Now leave.'€

Kato performed his best to keep his anger in check but ultimately declared himself defeated.

'€œWell, what now Kato?'€

'€œHell do I know, why you asking me for huh? Do you have any bright ideas Mr. I-can-take-down-three-bogeys-in-one-go?'€

'€œLet'€™s just get back to the safe house. We'€™ll figure something out.'€

'€œWhat'€™s the point, it'€™s over Gendaito. Okay? It'€™s not like we are going to blast through five different layers of security walls made out of god knows what. And even if we accomplished all that we would still be branded as the same type of criminal as the one we are chasing. Where do we draw the line, hm? Aren'€™t we supposed to be the good guys?'€

'€œIn time you will learn Kato that not everything is black and white in this world, no matter how hard the agency tries to convince you otherwise.'€

With heavy, depressing steps they both made their way back to the safe house. Kato couldn'€™t bear bringing the bad news to Kumori but quickly lost his train of thought as he saw him flailing his arms wildly like the building was on fire.

Kato and Gendaito rushed towards Kumori to find out what was going on. '€œAlright, what happened?'€

'€œOkay first, don'€™t say it was MY fault because it isn'€™t. Secondly, I think someone broke into the building. I don'€™t know how becau-'€

Kato quickly interrupted Kumori with an even angrier tone than what he had previously held against Gendaito.

'€œYou worthless sack of- You were given one simple assignment and that was to keep a watch on the safe house. Now you are telling me someone broke in unnoticed and you are stupid enough to walk OUTSIDE the building instead of investigating the matter?'€

'€œWell I thought it could be Torpedo and I don'€™t want to face him alone. He killed all those people you know...'€

'€œYou call yourself an Agent? What has happened to the training regiment, I thought people like you would fall off the charts.'€

'€œHe has a point you know Kato. If it truly is Torpedo, he made the right move.'€

'€œOh so you are on his side now are you? Just great. Fantastic. Whatever, let'€™s see what all the fuss is about.'€

The three agents sneaked towards the main entrance and positioned themselves against the side-walls. They were prepared for anything. Kato silently counted with his fingers and on three they would bash in the doors to perform their assault.

The two doors made a loud, echoing noise as they crashed into the interior walls and when all of them simultaneously rushed in they were met by a fancy dressed woman sitting on a comfortable armchair with a glass of wine in her right hand.

'€œI was going to head to Fushu and try to pick up a useful someone on the way, but as it turns out, another group of Kempei incompetents were looking to pick her up too, and now I can't get a warrant to have her extracted for a couple of days.'€

[font=Courier New]'€œZoey Sakura before you ask. And since we aren't shooting at each other, I assume you've already figured out by now that I'€™m also Kempai.'€

Kato lowered his weapon. [color=#FFFFFF]'€œTough talk, woman.'€

Zoey smirked. '€œPerhaps, it keeps me alive.'€

'€œThat can be easily mistaken for vanity, and in times of war, that can cost a lot of lives.'€ Gendaito added.

Zoey remained silent but Kato broke the subtle hostility that seemed to fill the air. '€œYou mentioned something about a certain someone and the star-system Tōhoku. What was that all about?'€

'€œThat prisoner you were after, her name is Alexandra Masako. She is charged with high treason and murder, officially.'€

'€œAnd unofficially?'€ Kumori curiously asked.

'€œUnofficially she holds key information in regards to Hanta Iseijin and their operations in Kusari. Based on that knowledge the Kempeitai also suspects that she knows a way into Tōhoku, undetected. This system is of great importance to the Kempeitai because there are indications that the west asteroid field holds a backdoor to Blood Dragon territory.'€

'€œSo what has stopped Kempeitai from searching for it?'€

'€œBlood Dragons and the Hanta Iseijin themselves. I know who you are after, or who you think you are after, and to reach him you must be able to reach Blood Dragon space without getting blasted to bits in the process. Sure, you can try to desperately fly towards the entrance to the Chugoku system via Hokkaido, but then you are either looking at constant Blood Dragon wings charging your way or slowly getting eaten by the radiation. Not the nicest way to die, to say the least. It is a complete suicide and a waste of time.'€

'€œDid you knew all this stuff about Prisoner 555, Gendaito?'€ Kato asked, sounding a bit surprised.

Gendaito sighed before replying. '€œYes. Yes I did.'€

Kato laughed quietly as he looked down towards the floor.

'€œDid you want to share the joke with the rest of the class?'€ Zoey responded mockingly.

Kato looked up and this time with an extremely serious face that could almost be mistaken for anger. '€œYou are telling us, the three incompetent agents as you nicely put it, that we are supposed to lay our trust on a dangerous criminal who has had dealings with those freakish aliens, to show us the path to what seems to be her own home? And not only that, we are also supposed to hope on the off-chance that there actually exists a backdoor entrance to Blood Dragon controlled space. What is stopping this wicked woman from guiding us into a trap? Or perhaps lead the way to a nebula where we would easily lose the sight of her ship, an easy way to escape.'€

Zoey calmly nodded. '€œMaybe I underestimated you Kato. You seem to have a spine afterall, and a fairly active brain attached to it. Yes, everything you said is true, there is much at risk, but it'€™s also the only other thing we can do besides sitting on our hands. Miss Masako greatly increases our chances of success, and I very much like success. Besides, weren'€™t you attempting, only recently remove her from the New Tokyo Supermax?'€

'€œYes but that was before I was told that she were in touch with the Hanta Iseijin. Before Gendaito decided to tell us the whole story.'€

Zoey smiled. '€œOh now I see what this is all about, you are scared of getting infected aren'€™t you? That she might be one of them.'€

'€œIt is only natural to be on your guard, and the Hanta Iseijin are deceptive at heart.'€ Gendaito intercepted the conversation.

Kato held his tongue. It was true, he was afraid, but by now all other options had been exhausted and for every day that passed it gave one more day for Torpedo to make his next move.

'€œWell, I take that silence as a yes.'€ Zoey added.

'€œJust shut up and let'€™s get this over with.'€ Kato finally responded after a few seconds of silence.
Pages: 1 2