Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Close - Old Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: srdlogo.png]

Because knowledge is power

A voice is heard on the loud speaker, a female voice rings out, "All persons looking to join Sirius Research and Development please report to the reception area of block 2D, thank you", the voice suddenly cuts out, you get to your feet and head out to block 2D.

As you enter, you see a long cue of people standing in front of a desk, every minute or so, the cue moves forwards as someone walks off with a piece of paper. You join the cue and wait.

Eventually, it is your turn, a kindly woman hands you a piece of paper and indicates to a set of benches five or so meters away, you walk to them and look at the paper.

Name:

//Skype name:

Date of birth, and location:

School grades, or any grades:

Past jobs:

Short back-story about yourself:

Description of yourself:

Why do you want to join Sirius Research and Development?:

When you are promoted from Rookie, which division would you most like to join?:

If you get into this division, which section would you most like to join?:

By signing here, you agree to the following terms:
You will serve with Sirius and Development. for a minimum of five years.
You will not harm and/or have intention to harm any member of Sirius Research and Development.
You can be punished in any way deemed fit, for breaking any of Sirius Research and Development rules.
You will not use any ship other than that allowed by your rank.
You will not corrupt.
You will not commit any act of treason against Sirius Research and Development.
You will not break the Sirius Research and Development act of secrecy, breaking this act in any way (giving information about SRD to others outside SRD without permisssion) can result in a fine and/or punishment in other forms.
You will enforce the Sirius Research and Development act of secrecy and report those who break it to the Hunting department.

[]

You get out your pen and start to fill out the forum

Sirius Research and Development Information Center

Message Dump

Wiki Information page

The Bar
Incoming Transmission.....

Name:
Aaron Suicune

Date of birth, and location: born on 3rd of April 789AS in New york Liberty

School grades: First Class Honors in Enginering and Science. A's and B's at GSCE level and A's at A-level

Past jobs: worked for IMG and Deep space engineering

Short back-story about yourself:I grew up in New York, my father was part of the liberty navy. I had always wanted to be like him so I started talking to him about it one day and he said he didnt want me living life in the navy, so he told me to study hard and do well at school. I was always very fond of my father as my mother was killed by Liberty Rouges a year after I was born so I only really ever had my father, so I did what he asked and I qualified from university on planet Manhattan when I was 21. I spent some time working for Deep Space Engineering and the IMG, I thought I would be put to better use helping in the race for knowledge so I've been looking for a good place to start.

Description of yourself: I'm 6 foot 3, 13 stone, dark hair; not quite black, well built (from carrying heavy equipment!).

Why do you want to join Sirius Research and Development?: When I found out that Sirius Research and development recruitment had been opened in house space I Thought I would be better used here than working on jump gates.

You will not harm and/or have intention to harm any member of Sirius Research and Development.
You can be punished in any way deemed fit, for breaking any of Sirius Research and Development rules.
You will not corrupt.
You will not break the Sirius Research and Development act of secrecy, breaking this act in any way (giving information about SRD to others outside SRD without permisssion) can result in a fine and/or punishment in other forms.

[Aaron Suicune]

End Transmission......
::Incoming transmission::
::Sender ID : Benjamin Skarly::
::Location : Withheld::

To Mr. Suicune.

Your application is accepted.

Your experience and grades will come in useful. We hope you will progress far within our faction.
I am sorry to hear about your mother, I will make sure no one gives you grief about her.
See you in space.

Sorry this transmission is so short...I'm stuck in a jump-hole at the current moment.

Benjamin Skarly, over and out.

//Name, [SRD]Aaron.Suicune

::Ending transmission::
::Signal lost::
[Image: srdlogo.png]

Name: Nate Kicho

Date of birth, and location: Born 13th March 791 AS, Planet Kyushu

School grades, or any grades: All A level grades at Kyushu University

Past jobs: None (freelancer)

Short back-story about yourself: I was born on planet kyushu to two hard working parents who sent me to a prestigious school on Planet Kyushu. I studied very hard and always managed to get all A level grades. I was raised with an unsatisfied hunger for knowledge no matter how much I have learnt. In recent years, I have found it very hard to study the universe on my own, especially with nomads, as nobody wants anybody to know about it. So I have come here to hopefully join this group
Description of yourself: I am 5" 6, 10 stone with white hair. I am currently in possesion of a Griffin civilian light fighter.

I want to join Sirius Research and Development because it is tricky to gain knowledge without any people to work with or sources to work from and I hope to find that here

You will not corrupt.

*he signs the paper*

Nate Kicho.

All A's? Most excellent. I look forwards to seeing you amongst our ranks. I believe I have met you already, no?

See you in space.

//name [SRD]Nate.Kicho

Benjamin Skarly, over and out.

::Transmission ending::

Incoming Transmission....

Name: James Hunt
Age, L.O.Birth: 42, Planet Cambridge
Academic Background:
Pregraduate studies at Cambridge University on Physics.
Post-Graduate studies at Cambridge University on Astrophysics.
PhD in Astrobiology/Xenobiology.

Past Jobs: Lecturer at Cambridge University.

Short Bio:
I've been an academic for a long time, born and raised on Planet Cambridge. Had a long fellowship with Cambridge University and I would now like to spread my wings and document uncharted locations, examining prime specimens of xenobiology on the way. I'm a pacifist, above all.
I currently fly no ships, but I will be getting equipped according to your commands.
By the way, my SKYP-3 communication protocol is grayish_jedi.

I believe Sirius Research and Development is one of the best up-and-coming research initiatives.

You will not corrupt.

*he signs the paper*
Name:
Hubert Farnsworth

Oddly enough I was born on a research vessel that was, at the time, exploring the Tau-31 system
667 A.S.

I was educated on Planet Cambridge, at the Cambridge Research Institute.
I graduated top of my class of 682 AS
I finished my studies at CRI with a PhD in Theoretical Physics and Nuclear Physics, and a major in Astrophysics.

Past jobs:
Naturally being from the Tau systems I have worked for the Independent Miner Guild for 40 years of my life, devoting that time in researching the great uses of the many ore that the IMG mines. Since I left my employment with the IMG Research department in order to begin a new line of work with Ageira Technologies and Deep Space Engineering in which I made significant advancements with my team in the safety and reliability of the Jump Gates and Trade Lanes. I have become a professor in which I teach within the 4 main houses.

I was born in the Taus and shortly after I was move to Planet Cambridge in order to fuel my scientific brain. I graduated from Cambridge Research Institute at age 15. Shortly afterwards I went back to my home systems to study the great expanses of the Taus and the fascinating systems that lay within. After 10 Years of research in the Taus, I joined the Independent Miners Guild in order to provide a source of income with which I could publish my discoveries. In 690 AS, I cemented the universal theory of all matter in New York, were I was awarded with a Nobel Peace award and a Physicist of the century award. For the past forty years I have explored Sirius to the farthest reaches currently possible.

Description of yourself:
I the head of the Theoretical Physics Department of Sirius. I am currently researching the advancement of inter-universal travel and inter dimensional travel. I am currently a professor, teaching at a number of scientific institutions.

I would like to join Sirius Research and Development because I feel that this community is one of the more focused groups in which the members are set one providing new advancements in technology for Sirius. my attention has also been drawn to this community by a recently befriended member of Sirius Research and Development.

You will not corrupt.

Ah, you are both accepted.

I believe you would both do well to go into the Science division. Hubert, you would do well in Physics. James, you would most probably do well in Physics as well.

Send me guncam footage of a civilian fighter equipped with Civilian, Border worlds or Zoner weapons //and zoner ID/IFF\\ via our private channels //the message dump. Thank you.

//I advise you not to rename until you have been promoted into a division, seeing as Rookie only lasts for a short while to introduce you and to let you get sorted.

------ Incoming trasmission ------

Name:
Khassym

I was born on 22 march 780 A.S. in planet Erie, Pennsylvenia

I concluded the police accademy of Planet Manhattan in the 800 A.S.

Past jobs:
Liberty Police, Inc.
Liberty Navy

Born in Erie planet in a family linked to a military career, I was sent to the police academy at the age of 15 years. On completion of the academy and after three years of service to the police, I got tired of my work, confined in the Liberty area and dreaming new space, I decided to start a military career as Liberty Navy to explore new territories, but I was relegated to Alaska, to combat nomads. There, after 2 years of military service, I decided to leave Liberty system and become a Zoners to live in the wild unregulated systems and explore new planets.

Description of yourself:
Trained as a soldier since I was young, I'm a good fighter with excellent ability to adapt to new situations, but also eager to explore new systems.

To do what I love more: fighting and exploring.

When you are promoted from Rookie, which division would you most like to join?:
The Fighting division.

If you get into this division, which section would you most like to join?:
Fighting Overseer: I'm already traveling in space with a Fearless Zoner destroyer.

You will not corrupt.
You will enforce the Sirius Research and Development act of secrecy and report those who break it to the Hunting department.

[Because knowledge is power]

Hmm...Accepted...But...

Fighting Overseer is not a section, it a position that is filled by someone (handpicked by me) that I think will serve very well in that position.

Remember, you cannot use a Destroyer/Cruiser until you have the rank you Overseer.

Get a Civilian fighter equipped and send me guncam shots.

Make sure you read all the stuff posted about us on the Neural Network //Wiki and Forums.