Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To : el Centinelas del Cielo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: elderbuonocore2transcopy.jpg]

'ola brave warrios.

It has came under my attention that you are currently stationed at Casablanca.
It is good to see that many of our people did not die in vain to recapture that place.
Let me get straight to the point.

The Brotherhood requires a full tactical survey of the Omega 47 system.
Please keep us up to date on what hostilities you encounter,
and what you might need to renovate Casablanca.

I am particularly interested in the useful resources planet Rabat has to offer.
Tell me about your plans and I will see where the Brotherhood can assist.

With honour dignity and pride

Elder Juanez ''el Presidente'' Buonocore,
The Corsair Brotherhood.

[Image: TBHsmalliconfinalcopy.gif]

Leader.

It is true much blood was spilled. But it hallowed these steel halls and floors as surely as any benediction.
Casablanca is retaken, and shall never fall again as our hearts speed the blood in our veins.

We hold the system. Fes stands strong as gateway to 41. Casablanca will endure.

We reinforce as we are able, and already the men run triple shifts. Our fingers bleed and yet we sing as we sweep the Hessian trash into the airlocks. Every able bodied man woman and child has fingers blackened with corpse.
As it should be.

The station is held for now, and this shark shall swim, though the straits are dire:

Materials are a problem... Holes in the shell are patched with the skulls of our foes. I have sent emissaries out to the corners of the systems to seek a bounty of metal. Zoner droppings will not serve here my captain, nor the months to move it. We need a big fish to feed this shark.
I will inform you as my hawks fly in.

To the other matter; your wisdom is excessive for foreseeing the prime opportunities of this system.

It shall be as you request: We shall scan every floating pebble that calls the sun of Omega 47 its mother.

In humility. let me give you my first thoughts: Omega 47 is ripe. RIPE! Bounties on every planet, and in every field of dust. Strategic wormholes await our opportunism.

We shall survey as you request, and make our presence felt.

Already we plan a show of force with the upcoming fighter torneo.
Honor us with your presence if you can.
The men will feed on it for a month, though there be no bread.

Your slave,

Carlito Barbarossa.
Acting Commander, Casablanca Station, Corsair territory.
Omega 47.

'ola.

The Brotherhood is still waiting for a tactical survey of O41.
If there are any complications to your mission do not hesitate to tell me señor.
Auxiliary forces are standing by at Mindelo base.

With honour dignity and pride

The Corsair Brotherhood.

Leader,

Due to the scale of data accumulated I have seen fit to deliver you this Data Storage Capsule, obfuscated as a MKIII a.2.a nanabot canister tag NB-BOOT.101110110101110101011afafbaaf.010.
This canister shall be delivered to Mindelo by a [CC) tagged vessel [CC]Mercy.
The pilot is trustworthy and shall make delivery directly to Alphonso Perez Di Martino, who I understand stands near to your heart.

Key to decryption is sent at sub carrier level 34-Delta to your command post on Mindelo Base.

[Image: tacticalscaninviewer.gif]
:::
This delayed transmission reaches you after arduous labor, and the loss of many lives - but rest assured it is worth every drop of blood spilled.

This system is a bounty, and our survey teams returned with ever more valuable data by the hour over the past week. Some did not return at all, and we were forced to deploy follow-through patrols, hence the delay.

A general status report:
We remain under assault from SCRA, Hessian, Bounty Hunter scum and others, but Casablanca holds with defiance and joy.

I wish you joy with the following data. May it be a bounty to all Corsairs!

Your humble servant.

Carlito Barbarossa.
Acting Commander, Casablanca Station, Corsair territory.
Omega 47.

Carrier wave Begins: 34-Delta. Encryption commencing.... Please wait....
[Image: centinelas.gif]
Tactical Report: Centinelas del Cielo.
System survey: Omega 47.
[:::Datadump initiated::.:]

[:::4000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000PetaBytes.......]

[:::Please wait one moment............|....|....|....|....|
Decrypts by SubCarrier.afafafefafbcaafafa00000000000000000|

....|....|....|....|....|....|....|

[...Upload complete.......]
[Image: thermokineticanalysis.gif]

Planetary Surveys:

[Image: rabat.gif]
Planet Rabat

A metallic hydrogen core with:
'€¢ Hydrogen,
'€¢ Argon,
'€¢ Neon
'€¢ Xenon

Gas mining infrastructure remains intact, but is almost completely disabled, sabotaged by Hessians as they evacuated.

Now that Casablanca is firmly secured, we are repairing mining facilities Blue Horizon and [color=#990000]Fruitful Endeavor
and expect to return to 14% operations within a year. Royal Cares and Hostility Hotel are beyond salvage and have been de-listed for parts.

Please notice that Stability map of the 47 UMa system on the ( )-plane, computed for osculating elements of epoch A, gives us prime indicators for immediately recoverable Hydrogen harvesting.

Estimated Yearly Output:

'€¢ 3 trillion tons hydrogen.
'€¢ 330,000 tons Argon
'€¢ 120,000 tons Neon
'€¢ 60,000 tons Xenon.

:::::
Scan over , with nominal AU, of the neighborhood of the nominal initial HYDROGEN BEARING condition. The upper plot is for MEGNO, the two other plots show the maximal differences of ¤¤¤¤¤(8¤¤¤)7¤¤¤ and ¤5(¤¤4)¤¤ with their initial values ¤¤(33(3323(12)232)343¤¤¤¤ respectively. The resolution of the scan is 0.0001 AU. The labels mark the positions of identified mean motion resonances; label (5:2)0 is for nominal position (i.e., unaffected by the precession of the orbits) of the 5:2 mean motion resonance.

Eccentricity of planet b over 1 Myr for the nominal initial condition (panel a)) and with a small change of the initial semi-major axis , from the nominal AU to 2.096667 AU, inside the chaotic zone of the 7:3 mean motion resonance (panel b)). See AADAADD:008 for a localization of these data.

Evolution of the 47 UMa system at the 5:2 and 7:3 mean motion resonances. Panels a), c) show eccentricities over 0.1 Myr. Panels b), d) illustrate evolution of the critical angle of the apsidal secular resonance.

[Image: khemmiset.gif]
Planet Khemmiset

Satellite to Planet Tangier, Elliptical orbit with angular magnetic tension fields to the 45th minute of orbital proximate exclusion.

Primary (Surface Pit mining / scrape mining targets).

'€¢ Aluminium,
'€¢ Silicon,
'€¢ Calcium,

Secondary mineable resources:

'€¢ Titanium,
'€¢ Iron,

Proximity to Tangier, and the strength of current Hessian activities precludes investment or further exploration of Khemmiset.

Tangier is the richer target for exploration activity, but a mineral compositions survey of Khemmiset is included at AADAADD:031

::::

Stability map of the 47 UMa system for the initial condition defined in ¤¤8(¤¤32)¤¤¤ for osculating epoch A, with the semi-major axes varied. The positions of the mean motion resonances are identified (compare with the one-dimensional scan shown in #23.244 reference. A rectangle in the left panel illustrates a formal estimation of the range of semi-major axes, as derived from the errors in the periods. The panel on the right hand side is the 3D-version of the contour plot; it illustrates that borders of chaotic zones are very sharp.

[Image: tangier.gif]
Planet Tangier

Tangier is the most promising of bulls-eyes, should we let our arrows fly to their loftiest ambition. Parallels to Crete will make our home-world a jealous rival, as this sister promises her virtue to any that would dare to woo her.

She will not lose her virtue easily: Her thin crust and metal core create electromagnetic storms beyond the most battle-hardened systems abilty to withstand. We have no EMP technology to match a cloudy day on Tangier! Even Casablanca can tune into her screeching serenade, as Tangiers' electromagnetic pulses resonate with Khemisset's metal core, and the twin iron sisters sing a duet to the far reaches of the system.

Primary resources:

'€¢ Carbon,
'€¢ Aluminium,
'€¢ Oxygen

Secondary resources:

'€¢ Iron,
'€¢ Titanium,
'€¢ Magnesium,
'€¢ Rare Earth metals.

To scan this planet required diverting significant resources towards a diversionary attack against the Hessian scum at Viernheim base. This gave us a window of opportunity to surreptitiously deploy a landing party to perform surface scans, as the metallic core of the planet plays havoc with our orbital telemetry.

Of our previous settlements there is no sign: It is as expected, and little remains of the mining facilities, or our lost brethren.

Data cache 3 was intact however, with quantum seals untampered with. We now therefore have the results of the extensive mapping already done by those lost, and can take comfort in the fact that those brave pioneers did not die in vain when the Hessians invaded: The survey mission has been accomplished after these many years!

Astonishingly, the Hessians are not deploying to the planet, which is empty - their shelters abandoned, and launchpads ramshackle.

Conjecture on the part of the landing party Lead: Colonel Ximanez from the mission debriefing:

Perhaps the Hessians experience too great disruption in the electromagnetic interference to safely land (Our landing vessel experienced several critical systems failures justr by attempting to reach low orbit).

Perhaps their resources are stretched simply by defending the orbital station?

Assuming we can adequately shield our Avionics under future endeavours to Tangier, there is here an unparalleled opportunity to wrestle control of an inhabitable and richly abundant (albeit dis-temperately climatic) planet.

Planetary electromagnetic chart follows:
[Image: tangierscan.gif]

Stability of an Earth-like planet in the habitable zone

As we have already noticed, 47 UMa is considered as one of the best candidates to host terrestrial planets (Jones et al. 807). These authors determine the habitable zone of 47 UMa over distances [0.76,1.43] AU from the parent star, through the requirement of the liquid phase of water (Lissauer 1999). Assuming only one giant companion that was known at the time of writing the paper, the authors showed that the 47 UMa star can harbor Earth-like planets in stable orbits, confined to its habitable zone, over a time scale of the order of 1 Gyr. This time-scale is required for forming the biosphere. Their conclusions were based on 1 Gyr numerical integrations of Earth-like Bodies (EB), which are moving in the gravitational field of the giant b.

Stability of the Earth-like body perturbed by the two companions of 47 UMa. Thin lines in upper plot are for MEGNO and thick line illustrates the maximal value of the telluric planet's eccentricity over 105 yr. Black circles, labeled in the lower stroke, indicate the mean motion resonances with the inner companion. Open circles and the upper stroke of labels are for the outer planet. The bottom plot shows the estimation of the Lyapunov time , derived from the linear fit to ¤¤¤45¤¤(¤¤3¤¤)34¤¤¤¤

[Image: headerkm.jpg]

[:::4000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000PetaBytes.......]

[Image: tacticalscaninviewer.gif]

Strategic resources: Offensive targets:

:Hessians:

1. Omega 47, Viernheim Base.
Possible routes :
- O41/O5/O47 -> Viernheim
- O47 -> Viernheim -
2. Omega 11, Freital base
Possible routes :
- O41/O11
- O41/O5/O11
- O5/O11

Strategies against Hessians:

[Image: scan1.gif]

- Our main concern is obviously Viernheim, due to the value of Planet Tangier and its value as a supportive base to Cadiz. My suggestion is covert action until we better understand the quality of its defences; as you know, previous attempts of forceful occupation have failed.

- Placing a squad of strike pilots and putting them in liaison with Cadiz will be fruitful for beating back the Hessians, but also the Coalition, who seem to be popping up more and more frequently.

- Also, Viernheim will provide direct access to Omega-5 and act as a staging point for liberation of credits in Cambridge; we will no longer have to risk our health in Omega-41.

- By reducing their presence, we also reduce risk of attacks on Casablanca, and strengthen our control of the system.

- Finally, Fes offers a great staging point for strikes again on Omega-5, but also on Omega-11. We intend to place another two strike teams there for this purpose, and also for the defence of our home, Omicron Gamma.

Coalition :

1. Omega 52
Possible routes :
- O49/O50/O52

Bretonian Armed Forces:

1. Cambridge
- O41/O5/Cambridge
- O5/Cambridge
2. Leeds
- O41/O5/Cambridge/Leeds
- O49/Dublin/Leeds
3. New London
- O41/O5/Cambridge/New London
- O41/O5/Cambridge/Leeds/New London
- O49/Dublin/New London

Systemwide Strategic Considerations

Omega 47 serves as a crossroads for a variety of groups, and is the doorstep to primary systems for the Zoners and Reapers, as well of great strategic import to Hessians. Bounty Hunters use it as a corridor to gain entry to our inner sanctum of systems, including Gamma.

In the long term, total Corsair dominance of Omega 47 gives us a Pincer-like grip on Omega 41, with Gamma serving as the thumb of our claw. Simply for this reason, further gains in Omega 47 at the expense of the Hessian rabble should not be underestimated:

In this humble authors opinion, if we take Omega 47, 41 will fall soon after.

[color=#CC0000]<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%]Supply / Trade / Deployment

With regards to supply routes, the main risks are that of attacks from the Hessians and the Reapers of Sirius. We can all but eliminate one by taking Viernheim out of the equation and controlling the Omega-5 jumphole.

With regards to the Reapers, our proximity to them allows us to permanently place a watch over the Cayman wormhole.

During transportation, temporary blockades can be swiftly executed to protect the transports.
If the transports ever were attacked, marines stationed at Battleship Fes would be able to catch many offenders, and preserve the precious lives of our pilots.

Preparing map upload: 234.234.234232,0101 alpha.
[Image: supernovahmed2grid6x2.gif]

[Image: thermokineticanalysis.gif]

System wide Summary: Wormhole frequency patterns.

[Image: Wormhole_by_XxLadyxGaladrielxX.jpg]

Omega 41: 4857+9873428573444+9+23458734+2384587+234857238457+1+15148572431+8151
Sine modulation 22342323fd

Omega 5: 2345079645+543834\345453\+34589+53422+23+2345
Sine modulation 09234755fd

Omega 58: 4\0983458\\345\+34+5+3453++34580934571209823457+234522
Sine modulation 64574392fd

Cayman: 435849\34589+234571+3873524857348
Sine modulation 19485746fd

Omega 49: 345927345\2345+12345+3453789547984536+3468767621
Sine modulation 99493847fd

[Image: a03fig07.gif]

Note:

Calculations follow the Azimov formulation and may vary across regional time margins. Allow for a spatial anomoly abberation of 32microAu per Tad.

Señor Barbarossa .

After evaluating your impressive analysis I came to the conclusion
that this system is of great tactical importance.
I will contact you soon to discuss what steps are to be made.
For now I present these documents to the Council of Elders.
I am sure they will be as satisfied as I am with the work you
and your hombres delivered.

With friendly greetings,

The Corsair Brotherhood.