Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question about Faction Home Systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw that factions can own systems, but... what exactly are the benefits of this?
You have your own systems in which you make your own rules.
Only faction that owns it can allow/deny the rights to someone to go in that system.
That means, for example, you are allowed to attack a Trader in your guard system without a single word or asking for tax.
You couldn't do that outside your guard system.

You also can mod a system to your likings, put bases here and there, mine fields and who knows what else.

You also get a very safe ground for defense. Guard systems are known for their very strong NPC's.
I managed to kill a Cruiser with my Fighter and help of some 10+ NPC's in a guard system.
I mean, they did more then I ever could with one fighter.

You also can practice PVP there, without worrying about someone killing you on his way to X from Y.

There is more I'm sure, I just can't remember.
Only official factions can buy systems. So join one.
Quote:Only official factions can buy systems. So join one.

I haven't actually started playing here yet, I wanted to make sure I understood everything first.

Thanks for the explanation.
Just to add abit to what Chopper said, its like a "home" for your faction. Its yours, and it will stay yours.
You can modify it as much as you want ( with the modder's approval ), train your people, hold events, determine who gets in and who doesnt, ect ect.

For example, Tau 63. ( Hard to guess, no?) The Blood Dragon home system.
We use it for practice.
For more practice.
It is where the core of our faction is stationed.
It is where most of the Message dump posts get made.
It is a place where you will die upon entry, if your not a Blood Dragon, Allied to us, or on our buddy list.

But, then again, purchasing a system for your faction has quite alot of rules and "do-this"'s attached to it. Link, anyone?
' Wrote:But, then again, purchasing a system for your faction has quite alot of rules and "do-this"'s attached to it. Link, anyone?
Link!

[Image: www.pc-cheats.denk_klein.gif]

Erm, wrong link.
This one is what Exile meant I think. (Scroll down for the part about systems)
Further info can be found here.

PS: Sorry, couldn't resist.
Zelda pwnage.