Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Odin Mk3 Model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I don't recall at the beginning of this thread Mr. Dubstep here saying anything along the lines of black-is-bad. A bit fragile, a little more linear, etc. Maybe it's on the second page. Oh, wait, nope, it's not there. Others have mentioned a preference for the green, but not Dubby.

There is this:

' Wrote:Im afraid it wont be put into Hessian line due to various contradictions of how Hessians should look like.

' Wrote:
' Wrote:Im afraid it wont be put into Hessian line <strike>due to various contradictions of how Hessians should look like</strike>. because the current Hessian snubline is perfectly fine and doesnt need replacing.
ftfy

A little heavy on the smart ass, a little light on the reasoning. Does it show up on page 3? Nope. Maybe it's in another thread. Wait, but yes, finally on page 4, we see the black-is-bad. Also rather strong on arguing based on the reasoning/preferences of other individuals.

What to conclude from this? Draw your own conclusions, but productive it isn;t.

That said, I personally find the ships very aesthetically pleasing, and generally very well made. They're sleek, and vicious looking models. They could use a touch more revolutionary red.

Honestly, the AoM models look a pale Puff the Magic Dragon, but them's my aesthetics.
The revolutionary red and black is already being used by the Colonial ships.

Everyone will like dark textures. They look good in renders, but they don't look good ingame, where the lighting changes with each system. Many of the players here play with details on low. That means the starsphere turns full black. How are they going to see this ship in a full black starsphere?
More visible green might save it.
' Wrote:What you left out is an hour and half of back and forth copy/pasting before I finally joined your chat. An hour and a half where we gave you 9000 arguments why the snubs cant be black. You disregarded them, said they would be black because you liked the color black, that pirates "have money and are elite" and that "thats why they can have black elite ships". When your arguments were countered you started spamming in Russian and left the chat several times. Feel free to stop me whenever you feel Im wrong. Oh wait, Im not, at any point. You are impossible to deal with because you listen to 0 criticism and instead you just start raging because someone criticized your work and crushed your fairy tale where you dream that your models are perfect.

Now, instead of me lowering myself to that level and actually posting those quotes here, I will leave this discussion and hope that you actually manage to put some originality and flare on your model(s).

"hour and half of back and forth copy/pasting before"
sorry but I got no any copy/pastes, Blodo only mentioned that probably adding more green will make you happy. So why dont you just joined before, without any third person between chats or maybe talk in PM? or maybe you just cant properly talk at all?

"you started spamming in Russian"
heh I said only one phrase that can be translated like: this discussion is a bullsh**. 30 seconds later you just left crying: no new models that are black.

"instead of me lowering myself"
you already did it my friend, just look at your posts here and think a second.
What Dubstep said- why to replace ships that are good and working, there are tons of imports/bad ships that do need replacement. There are tons of factions that do need ship or two. This are only wasted efforts in wrong thing- the ships are beautiful and qualitative- but they are not needed , not right now at least.
' Wrote:blabla
Yes, you're right. Your models are really good looking and I really think that we lacked some black ships in the game. Black is after all, such a wonderful and inventive color. Thank you for gracing us with your modelling my friend, I am sure all the other mods envy us at this point because of these marvelous ships. Please continue with your efforts so that I can fulfill my dream of making a spy character. After all, when you remodel all ships, I imagine Rheinland and Liberty ships will look quite alike, it will only make my spy RP easier.

I also apologize if you took me calling your models bad as an offense. I never meant it as such because I simply wanted to help you with constructive criticism and I thought calling them bad was just that. Please dont give up on modelling, after all, the only way to go from here is up.
Well, because that'd be a complete overhaul of one line, something to begin with.
And why exactly the hessians do need complete overhaul of the line? The currnet Odin is supreme ship both in looks and PvP.
The cruisers on the other side- I love them both- they are needed and it is really nice that they are there,I am sure I also would buy Hel one- it is pretty and it represents what I like in cruisers.
Some stuff must be made not only because you can- it must be made for some reasoning.
' Wrote:And why exactly the hessians do need complete overhaul of the line?
Im afraid no one knows the answer to that question.
' Wrote:Im afraid no one knows the answer to that question. But hey, since we all got nothing to do and no other factions or groups need new ships in the game, why not just replace the perfectly fine Hessian snub line. Right?

Oh, sorry again. Its not perfectly fine because some people dont like it. After all, who cares what the actual Hessian players think. Taste is discussable.

"After all, who cares what the actual Hessian players think"
errr there is a Poll about it. Maybe not every member here has hessian char but you just cant close your eyes on it's results.
Yes, because we all know how accurate polls are.

"Do you like this ship?" (Yes/No)

Instead of "Do you actually think this ship should replace the current line and why? Do you think it fits in with the Hessian lore and why?"

Anyway, peace (for the 3rd time:cool:)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10