Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: CNN News Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just after the amazing news surfaced of the impending Molly-Bretonian peace talks, black news of possible disaster comes from Bretonia.

An advanced train, piloted by Captain Conn Sulllivan, has dissapeared with his 5000 passengers. The ship was last seen in the Manchester system, heading towards New London. A ship with the tag {D.R.A} was seen nearbye just before the train fell off of long range scanner's. No information has surfaced as of yet on who the D.R.A is. All that is known is the ship carried a Molly ID. An extensive investigation is now underway to the possible causes of this ships dissapearance and the origins of the D.R.A. vessel. Our hearts go out to the families of the 5000 passengers aboard Captain Sullivans ship.

More troubling is reports that the former UoG Consul Joeinicus has resigned his commision with the Union, and spoken openly about his "absolute disgust" with the peace talks, calling the proposed Dublin protectorate "A form of slavery" and "false freedom". Joeinicus further made statement's that leads the CNN to believe that he may have intentions of using terrorism to attempt to end peace negotiations between the UOG an the Bretonian government. He is reported as claiming "Bretonian blood will run thick through my fingers" and "No Bretonian man, woman or child will be safe from my wrath".

Ex-Consul Joeinicus is known to have deep hatred for the Bretonian government, as he holds them responsible for the deaths of his wife and infant child who where killed aboard Graves station while he was a miner there.

Joeinicus's whereabouts are currently unkown, however BPA and UoG officials are searching for him for questioning.
//This story is a buildup to some RP events that are being considered to liven up the upcoming Molly-Bretonian peace talks. If you are interested in contributing, please contact me via PM.
This just in, CNN news has recieved a statement from the Union's press core:

"These D.R.A ships will not be tolerated, we shall hunt them down and get them back in line, if they refuse we will be forced to destroy them. It is most unfortunate, O'Sullivan was a major part of the Union. We are sad to see him go this way. We are cooperating with the authorites to bring him to justice."
More news on the story that broke yesterday on the dissapearance of the 5000 civilians. Early this morning, the CNN news room recieved the following audio recording from the D.R.A.

"We are the Dublin Revolutionary Army. Our goal is total freedom from Bretonian oppresion and tyranny. We will accomplish that goal by any means possible. Open warfare has failed. Our brothers of the UoG have been fooled by the evil Queen and her forked toungue. This offer to become a "Protectorate" is nothing more than an offer of willful slavery.

We have hijacked the Advanced Train reported missing. All of her passengers, and her Captain, Mr. Sullivan, are our hostages."

*Sound of a door opening, the muffled cries of the hostages become audible*

"Capt. Sullivan will now say a word."

*The sound of a man being dragged to the microphone, and duct tape being ripped from flesh*

"I wont read it!"

"You will...."

"Never!"

*More sounds of struggle, and the muffled cries of a female voice*

"Read it Sullivan...."
"SOMEBODY HELP US! HELP!"

*A loud thud and a brief scuffle*

"It seems Captain Sullivan has become incapatitated.

*More muffled cries of a female voice*

"Bring her to me."

*A long low sob breaks through the audio tape*

"This is Mary Scott. Her and her daughter have booked passage on Capt. Sullivans ship to New London from their home on Manhatten. It seems she was en route to New London, to visit her cousin, a Bretonian police official."

*Sudden screams and the sounds of violent struggle. A gunshot blast through the speakers. Silence for long moments after*

"Be warned Bretonia. Ms. Scott was the first to die. Until these peace talks are called off. One hostage will be killed every day.

We are the D.R.A., our demands will be met."

*End of Audio Recording*

Sad sad news in Bretonia. Terror has striken the residents of all citizens throughout Sirius. We will keep you posted as more on this story develops. This has been a CNN special report.
*chokes with tea*
//bit late but yeah im participating. sorry about pre-empted attack. my bad >.<.

Im currently in talks with this hostage taker and i really need clearence from QCR officials on what to do.

first day on the job is the hardest and i havent had my tea

Ensign Farely out.

Encryption Key: Commodore Richard Windsor
To: Ensign Farley

Message Begins:

Talks? As far as we were aware, the Dublin Republican Army was demanding we cancel peace talks. What they hope to achieve, I've no idea, other than more war. If they want anything else, we can see about consessions to get our people back. I rather doubt we will be able to end this peacefully, though. Untill you tell me what they want, I cannot give you clearance to act.

Message ends.
CNN SPECIAL ALERT

This just in! There is a hostage situation developing in orbit around New London! Reporters arrived on the scene moments after a foray between DRA terrorist and Bretonian Police officials! We where astonished to learn that a rescue attempt had gone badly costing the lives of hundreds of hostages. BPA refused to make comment, and has cordoned off the area within 10k of the the Hijacked trade ship per the DRA's demands. Our cameras caught this footage just as we arrived...."

*An angry man appears on the viewscreen, eyes sunken into his head. Pale skin in contrast with a deep red and greying beard. The look of pure dedication mixes dangerously with insanity eminates from his face.*

Hundreds have died, I will kill 100 more if you defy me again!
Stay back!

The Dublin Revolutionary Army Rises! Freedom at ANY COST!

Free our brothers! We will exchange 1 Molly pilot for 1 Hostage, further demands will be made in the future! First a negotiator must be arranged...we will permit an UNARMED BPA vessel to approach our ship and inspect the surving hosages."

*Back to the CNN News Room, static fills the viewscreen*

"Wait...Pam....Pam we are losing you!"

*Ion storm breaks the signal*

Ladies and gentlemen, grave news indeed. Hundreds of innocent people are now dead. An official report of casulties has not yet been made. NN reporters are on site and will keep you posted for any further developments.
//Mr. Chris i wanna have some private talk with you. And it would be perfect if someone from the higher command become a witness or maybe a judge in this.. conversation.
Encryption: Commodore Richard Windsor
Subject: Demands.

Message Begins:

Tahnk jobe you replyed sah!

The terrorist is an extremist whom has parted from the Protectorate and is demanding captured molly opratives in return for the hostages. Hes currently 1000km from new londons surface which could cause devastation too the populace if crashed!

Our boys in the BPA are also on scene but its looking rather tense.

I need orders Sah! For the bretonian people to live!

Ensign Farley out.

Message Ends...
Pages: 1 2