Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the IMG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: tbtop2ndalt.png]

Greetings from Freeport One,

I have been notified by the BPA that this group known as the Rorry's Renegades has no official record within the kingdom of Bretonia. Under the Omega Treaty, it is Bretonian law which governs Omega 3 outside of our stations in that system. Under section 3.4 of the Omega Treaty, what other evidence beyond the report filed a short time ago, does IMG have showing the RR to be a criminal enterprize within Bretonian space?

In private communications it has been addressed that the RR are a well known criminal and terrorist organization within the Omegas. Freeport One has had this singular report regarding this group, and they are not a criminal group as defined by the Bretonian Police Authority. However, as the treaty also states the term "local shipping", I ask the IMG as the fourth signatory of the treaty to provide us with evidence of past criminal history within the Omega 3 system.

Thank you,

Genine San Savage
Council chair, Freeport 1

[Image: lower.png]
**** Incoming Transmission ****
To: Freeport 1 administration
Subject: Altrecations in Omega 3
Encryption: Low
CC: Bretonian Foreign Affairs dept, Rheinland Foreign Affairs dept

Gentlemen, miss San Savage,

The incident in question was prompted by multiple altrecations with the members of the band known as "Rorry's Renegades". There have been several incidents involving raids on the mining fields in neighbouring Omega 7, as well as blockades, both in the Aland base perimiter and near the Omega 3 to Omega 7 gate. When we learned they gathered once more near the gate, we scrambled together what fighters were available and were of the intent to send them a message, that frankly, enough was enough. The ruffians then fled into the Freeport perimiter, thinking your welcoming nature would shield them from harm.

Our request to deny their access is not based on section 3.4, which is intended to prevent enemies of Bretonia from launching raids into Bretonia, out of the Freeport. Our request is based on section 3.2:
* 3.2: The administration of Freeport One is given the power to regulate docking rights to Freeport One. Vessels and pilots known to be a threat to local commercial shipping will be denied docking rights.
Miss San Savage, would you argue that the band known as Rorry's Renegades, is in fact -not- a threat to civilian shipping in the Omega 3 and Omega 7 systems? I could request evidence of specific incidents if you require it - from various parties, not just of the Guild, but frankly their reputation would speak for itself.

I've been a strong proponent of the rights of Freeport One in the establishment of this treaty. The Bretonian authorities were, at the time, hesitant to even include the Freeport authorities in the treaty. I would request that you prove them wrong, and make that statement - That individuals that have nothing but the intent to prey on civilians within the Omegas, are not welcome there. That the Freeport is a place for those who seek a place away from the rules and constraints of the houses, but wish to live there in peace. That the Freeport is not a pirate hive, as some of Bretonia has come to see it.

Regards,
- Johnathan Sanders, on behalf of the Independent Miners Guild

**** Transmission Closed ****
[Image: tbtop2ndalt.png]

The treaty however specifies that in the area of Omega 3, it is Bretonian law that presides, while Rheinland law presides over Omega 7. As such, though we at Freeport One are aware of the RR problems in Rheinland, they have not, according to the Bretonian Police Authority, violated Bretonian law (or at least no one has reported such).

Under section 2.3 it states "not to be used as a method to hunt groups considered pirates by the respective government." Further, section 3.4 specifies "known to attack commercial shipping, Bretonian Military, or Police forces within Snowdown". Thus my hands are bound by the treaty that only incidents within the Omega 3 system be considered under the IMG invocation of 3.2.

The incident reported by both the RR and the IMG is being processed normally. However the IMG invocation of the treaty for additional measures requires that evidence be provided showing the RR to be a known threat within Omega 3. While we do have concerns for what happens to the IMG in Omega 7 and elsewhere, the matter at hand concerns only Omega 3. If the RR, who have not had a prior report at FP1, and who are not listed in the Bretoniain criminal database, and no reports have been filed against them under Bretonian law, I can move no further unless the IMG can provide evidence to support its demand under section 3.2 of the treaty.

I request, again, information of evidenciary value within Omega 3. So far inquiries to both Bretonia and Rheinland show that these Renegades are a problem in Rheinland space but have not previously committed a reported offense in Bretonia and who have not been charged within Bretonia space for any crime. I'm sure you can understand that if a Zoner vessel were to come under fire by prates in Tau 23, it would not be a matter for the Rheinland government. Likewise, the issues with the Renegades in Rheinland are not a Freeport 1 issue. I ask simply for evidence of prior criminal conduct by the RR within Omega 3 that would classify them as a known criminal enterprise.

Unless and until such evidence is provided, then the incident reported will be acted upon via normal procedures in accordance with Confederation laws. Without evidence to support that the RR has history of actions within Omega 3, under the treaty I have no choice but to deny said request. Regardless of any personal feelings in regard to this matter, I must follow the law.

I will also note that had the IMG contacted Freeport One on the emergency channel ships could have been scrambled to intercept. This has been done previously regarding other pirate groups. Instead, IMG chose to open fire in front of the station.

Provide me, mister Sanders, with evidence of prior Renegade misconduct in Bretonian space and we can proceed under section 3.2. If the IMG cannot support its claim, then I have no choice but to deny it under the treaty.

Genine San Savage

[Image: lower.png]