Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dock Raping Allowed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am just wondering, because I am quite sure there must be something against it, and I cannot find it in the rules?
You are not allowed to kill people undocking

You are allowed to kill people that are docking.... but killing someone whom you didn't attack before he started to dock is a bit :nono:

Quote:5.5 Dock-killing when player is undocking/launching from a planet/base is not allowed.
when you are docking on a station/lane/gate/jh you can be shot at. while you re vulnerable, you can allways cancel the docking process manually, - and once you have no control anymore ( cinematic ) you re invulnerable.

the dock-kill rule applies to undocking only.

' Wrote:when you are docking on a station/lane/gate/jh you can be shot at. while you re vulnerable, you can allways cancel the docking process manually, - and once you have no control anymore ( cinematic ) you re invulnerable.

the dock-kill rule applies to undocking only.

I do not fully understand what you've typed.

So, can you shoot at someone who has entered cinematic mode?

Edit: Understand now, thank you.:)
""you can allways cancel the docking process manually, - and once you have no control anymore ( cinematic ) you re invulnerable.""

Sometimes this works. But, in my case, I had the game not take the 'abort' command and just keep me in DOCKING....but no cinematic mode.
Watch out for the Waypoint to a Docking Ring as well. Sometime sthe game is not smart enough to relise that even when you go for dock and were following a WP, it would run you into the planet. Had that happen twice. Least fun I've had as the cargo I was holding floated too deep into the planet to beam in.
' Wrote:""you can allways cancel the docking process manually, - and once you have no control anymore ( cinematic ) you re invulnerable.""

Sometimes this works. But, in my case, I had the game not take the 'abort' command and just keep me in DOCKING....but no cinematic mode.

Sadly FL has some really odd docking errors built into it. That is one of them. Another one is entering cinematic mode yet never docking, that one usually happens only with a jump hole or a jump gate.
Yeah same happened to me.. I left the PC and after 10 minutes
I returned and my ship was still in wormhole.. :lol:
i'm not sure i understand the undocking rule. your still invulnerable until you have control of your ship....after that, at what point are you considered no longer undocking?
if you're viewing another player you can shoot them as soon as you see their shields come up.
Pages: 1 2 3