Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Ageira Technologies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

[Image: JaneHartmanTransmissionBarEnsignUpdated.png]

TARGET ID: [color=#99FFFF]Ageira Technologies
SUBJECT: Acquaintances
ENCRYPTION: High
PRIORITY: Moderate

Evenin' Sir/Ma'am.

[color=#CCCCCC]Don't believe I've met you personally, so I'll keep this comparatively brief. I'm Ensign Hartman, currently assigned to the 7th Divison, Liberty Navy Primary Fleet. Things being what they are lately though, I've found myself heading more into intelligence work, which is where you folks come in.

As you no doubt know, the criminal organisation calling themselves the Lane Hackers have shown signs of increased activity over the past few months, I've even heard rumors of multiple hostile capital-class assets appearing in known Hacker areas of operation. Now, as I understand it, your company and the Hackers have a history. Figures, given as a few of the founding members seem to have been former Ageira employees. Few of the more recent ones as well.

I'm looking for a Hacker, to be specific a woman (presumably) using the alias Nicole.Hunter. That ship's been spotted in more then a few places it should not have been in, yet to be honest with you, we're still up in the air as to why. I've got speculation now, and that's about the lot of it. What I'd like your company to do is look through your records, see if you've got anyone by that name. Failing that, it'd be appreciated if you'd check if there isn't anyone that has violently terminated their employment over the past few months.

Any other aid you could provide would be welcome.

Hartman, out.

[color=#FFFFFF][font=agency fb]****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****
***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***
[Image: AgeiraFactionlogo-new.png]

SECURE_LINK_ACTIVE

You have reached the Ageira Technologies central communications gateway. Please hold, your transmission is being categorised and redirected to the appropriate personnel.

Message analysis in process...
{{init-stage_ver_integ}}
[[Running security scan]]
>> Message integrity 97% = PASS
>> Mal_threat = NEG
{{init-stage_ver_auth}}
[[redir\LNavy\PersDB\PilotReg\"7th Strike Division]]
>> Author ID Confirmed = Hartman, Jane
{{init-stage_sub_categ}}
[[Performing keyword analysis]]
>> Sort_Output =
Navy, intelligence, criminal, Lane Hackers, hostile, history, employees, Nicole Hunter, terminated, aid.
{{init-stage_distr_recip}}
[[Priority message redirect]]
>> Send to: Code = ASGARD
Analysis complete.

Thank you for contacting Ageira Technologies, <Name_Here>. Your message has been processed and distributed. Please hold.

***TRANSMISSION ENDS***
***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***
[Image: AgeiraFactionlogo-new.png]

To: Jane Hartman, 7th Strike Division, Liberty Navy.
From: Ageira Technologies Headquarters, Planet Los Angeles.
Encryption: Omega-69.

Ensign Hartman;

Thank you for contacting Ageira. You have come to the right people - only together can we crush the Hacker menace that blights our civilised society.

We do, in fact, have a dossier on the woman known as "Nicole Hunter". The Board of Directors has agreed that releasing this document to you should prove beneficial to the Navy. Please bear in mind that this is classified data, For Your Eyes Only. It should not be reproduced or redistributed to subordinate officers, and only to superior officers aware and involved with the scope of your operation.

Quote:Ageira Technologies
Security Division
Intelligence Branch

Dossier # 1382-141
Subject: Nicole Hunter
Height: 1.750m
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Background:

Born on planet Manhattan, from the earliest years subject showed all symptoms of a prodigy. Subject received classical education at prestigious Marchall College, as well as private lessons of ballet, Jiu-jitsu, history of art and piano. Subject's parents belonged to the upper echelons of Manhattan's society. Father Mark was a renowned member of New Democratic Party, while mother Cecilia was a director of a local division of Cryer's Pharmaceuticals. After graduating college at age of 16 subject decided to pursue career in science at Manhattan Institute of Technology. At age 21 subject defended MA thesis devoted to non-linear adaptive programming. After graduation she was recruited by Ageira head hunter. In the meantime, she started PhD studies in the field of cognitive sciences and at the age of 24 defended dissertation exploring idea of use of adaptive programming in organic interfaces.

During seven years in Ageira the subject proved to be valuable and resourceful employee. For three years subject worked as a junior scientist at the Department of Weaponry Research and Development at Pueblo Station. After successful defence of her dissertation, subject was promoted to a senior scientist. One year later, subject was given position of a department director at Hamilton Station. Her team of scientists and engineers worked on numerous projects varying from standard weaponry optimization projects to development of multi-tier artificial intelligence systems. It was impossible to predict the disaster that occurred three years later.

Two months before the incident subject was assigned as a deputy scientist to the top secret project on alternative power sources at Pueblo Station. Subject's task was to oversee development of a user interface for an organic power source. During the initial tests several engineers became infested with a contagion that caused extreme paranoia and aggression. Twelve Ageira employees were killed and seven badly injured. According to the head scientists, subject either showed extreme incompetence or deliberately sabotaged her work, which led to breach of security protocols and in the result to the infestation of several Ageira employees. While the subject was in detention, the power cell suddenly discharged causing temporary blackout throughout the base, during which both the subject and the object of studies disappeared.

Threat Assessment:

Known Crimes: suspected murder of at least two Ageira employees, destruction of expensive corporate property, theft of valuable corporate assets, sabotage and espionage.

The subject is considered a serious threat in terms of personal potential to physically damage Ageira properties and assets.
The subject is considered a serious threat in terms of potential public relations damage to Ageira's image.
The subject is considered a serious threat in terms of potential damage to Ageira security protocols.

Disposition:

The subject is tasked at Gamma Level Priority for all Ageira Technologies Security Forces.

In addition to this dossier, Ageira has some psychoanalytical notes concerning the Lane Hackers. Generally speaking, these individuals often possess strong technical skills and intellectual ability. However, some seem to have developed a superiority complex, whereby the individuals perceives him or herself to be above their co-workers who do not match their skill levels. Unfortunately, due to a limited understanding of human resources distribution, they express symptoms of reluctance at being "suppressed" by their workplace. While Ageira often tries to provide councelling for individuals who do not believe they are being given sufficient recognition, unfortunately a small number of cases slip under the scanners, leading to potential Lane Hackers.

I hope this information proves useful to your investigation. In addition, any intelligence you could provide in return detailing particular Hacker assets encountered in the field would be useful to us, in order to prepare countermeasures for potential threats.

Signed,

Anthony V.

Head of Corporate Security
Ageira Technologies

***TRANSMISSION ENDS***

****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

[Image: JaneHartmanTransmissionBarEnsignUpdated.png]

TARGET ID: [color=#99FFFF]Ageira Technologies Headquarters
SUBJECT: RE: Acquaintances
ENCRYPTION: High
PRIORITY: Moderate

Mr Anthony.

[color=#CCCCCC]My thanks for your assistance. The Board's co-operation is mighty welcome at this end.

I'll be sure to pass on anything relevant we turn up in the investigation.

Hartman, out.

[color=#FFFFFF][font=agency fb]****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****