Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Contact Officer Capella, the Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Hacker.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...
[Image: 1a.png][Image: 12.png]
Dear Officer Capella,

My name is Nicole Hunter and from now on I will be your contact person in the Lane Hackers. Mr Nikolai Diavolo has been assigned an undercover mission and he will not be available for several months. I have received copies of all his reports and transmissions. I understand that you have sent us intelligence data on Oita system in exchange for data on Virginia Jumpgate in Texas and Munster Research Station in Bremen. However, we have not received any word from you afterwards. Of course, I have no doubts that the intelligence provided by Mr Nikolai Diavolo has been sufficient, and as always we are open for further business arrangements. In fact I have a certain proposal that might be very beneficial for you. It concerns a matter of such delicacy that I will discuss it only in person with your representative authorized to negotiate arrangements of an utmost importance. Let me know if you're interested so we can organize a meeting, either on Freeport 11 in Omicron Delta or on Freeport 4 in Magellan.

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...
...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...
[Image: 1zohq84.png]
Apologize for not responding, we run on quite strict duties due to shortage of personnel. your intel is much apreciated and we think you are satisfied from Oita intel as well. Meeting can be scheduled nearby at Tuesday, location can be any place where meeting won't be interrupted. Agent authorized to speak on behalf of The Order will be sent to your location.

Capella out.

[Image: 2lutfzp.png]
...uploading.data...
Dear Officer Capella,

I will be awaiting your operative in Magellan at the Freeport 4 bar around 22:00 SMT on Tuesday 27th March.

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...
...uploading.data...
Dear Officer Capella,

After a lengthy deliberation, our professorship has decided that the operation which I discussed with Ms Adriana D'Angelo is too risky. The potential damage that the Lane Hackers might suffer in the aftermath is simply unacceptable. This, of course, does not mean that we are not interested in further cooperation with the Order or improving our relations. As a sign of our goodwill we are sending you a copy of a report on the operation Purity supplemented with excerpts from the surveillance logs. These logs contain data so sensitive that it is known only to me and the professorship. You should also restrict it to your most trusted operatives. Naturally, we have cut out fragments that contain military grade data that could endanger our dear allies, the Outcasts. Also, we have an updated report on the new Liberty Security Force base in Ellesmere. Tell us if you are interested in it.

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...
...receiving.attachment...

OPERATION PURITY

This is a report on the operation authorized by Professor Brutus Clay. During standard cargo interdiction in Galileo an unknown contact has been spotted near Reppu Bend. Closer investigation turned out that it was a heavily modified Sabre class fighter outfitted with a technology of an unknown origin. Contact was soon lost and all communication attempts were unsuccessful. Later on the ship has been identified as belonging to the organization called the Oracles. On the same day also an alien cruiser-class vessel has been spotted in Ontario near the Colorado jumphole. The Nomad has not been aggressive and a certain form of communication has been established. During this encounter I have learnt that Nomads might react less aggressively if they sense cardamine. Several days later a communication from the Oracles has been received, which included general information about their cardamine research programme. Professor Brutus Clay authorized me to meet Oracles' high priestess in Omicron Alpha. I've been granted an audience by Exarch Zsun. During my stay in Omicron Alpha, I have learnt that the Oracles work as some sort of spokespeople for the Nomads and they supervise cardamine research in the 101st facilities, especially projects concerning fertility related problems. Apparently, the Oracles are divided into an inner scientific division and outer cult. The official agenda of the cultists is to spread cardamine throughout the Sirius. Articles of their faith are rather obscure and consist of standard mixture of mysticism and vague rhetoric. Exarch Zsun was not really interested in any form of cooperation with the Lane Hackers, however, since our goals converge, at least in respect to cardamine, we were given twelve samples of cardamine in a purified liquid form. Seven samples have been already distributed. Five remaining samples are being stored at Cochrane Depot.

...attachment.received...

Surveillance log: Ontario, Nicole Hunter's Falchion, 24th January

Nicole Hunter: Cochrane, Cochrane, Cochrane... unidentified contact at Colorado jumphole. Objects seems still. Occasional bursts of energy. Object seems to be trying to communicate. Unknown pattern. Sending binary code. Binary code unrecognized. Trying different permutations. Dammit.
Nicole Hunter: Object seems to be using waves or particles beyond sensory spectrum to alter the brainwaves... I feel... some thoughts... parts of... Focus Nicole, goddammit!
Nicole Hunter: Are you a Nomad?
Nicole Hunter: Object identity confirmed. Forwarding specs.
Nicole Hunter: Grid?
Nicole Hunter: Grid of lanes. Yes, I am a Lane Hacker.
Nicole Hunter: I am... let's say I am Nicole.
Nicole Hunter: Watchers... That Outcast in Galileo was your watcher?
Nicole Hunter: I couldn't get fix on his transponder... Now I understand why.
Nicole Hunter: Lightwalkers. Those who follow you. Yes, we are a bit suspicious about them.
Nicole Hunter: I understand. They are your lightwalkers. And you seek more of them? Right?
Nicole Hunter: Why do you need them?
Nicole Hunter: Only to speak for you?
Nicole Hunter: Orange clouds? Orange gas? Cardamine?
Nicole Hunter: They spread Cardamine?
Nicole Hunter: You learn.
Nicole Hunter: Why do you learn us, me in particular?
Nicole Hunter: I don't have much to offer.
Nicole Hunter: You did not expected to find me here. It was a coincidence.
Nicole Hunter: I get that. But you still haven't blasted me out of the sky.
Nicole Hunter: You learn me, describe me paths, talk... think... probably a better word... concept...
Nicole Hunter: Because I am telling the truth?
Nicole Hunter: Or I am true? True to what?
Nicole Hunter: Ah, you mean that I am not causing trouble and because of that I may live?
Nicole Hunter: You say you only respond to violence. But it's not true. At least not entirely. I've read reports from the Nomad War...
Nicole Hunter: You're saying that you in particular are not aggressive?
Nicole Hunter: I understand. Well, then I should not fear you?
Nicole Hunter: Lightwalk... you mean mind-enhancement caused by cardamine?
Nicole Hunter: Yes, we, Lane Hackers, learned to use its benefits.
Nicole Hunter: It gives us necessary edge over corrupted corporate flunkies and their pawns.
Nicole Hunter: Ageira, IND, Interspace, and their pawns, Liberty Navy and LSF.
Nicole Hunter: Yes... exactly. And yes, we always have cardamine with us. We cannot even live without it anymore. However, the problem is that we need more and more of it. We are also working on improving the quality of cardamine. The one we get from Outcasts is not bad, better than the one from GC, but still.
Nicole Hunter: They give you ... nectar? What? For their pure cardamine?
Nicole Hunter: What is this nectar?
Nicole Hunter: Now I understand. Liquid cardamine.
Nicole Hunter: Yes, we seek it too.
Nicole Hunter: Indigo path? Omicrons?
Nicole Hunter: You mean you alter it in deep Omicrons?
Nicole Hunter: Yes, we are aware of the drawbacks.
Nicole Hunter: You meant that indigo path, altered cardamine, has no such drawbacks?
Nicole Hunter: I understand. I read a report about it. But we have no update on their progress.
Nicole Hunter: I see. Lane Hackers would definitely want to have a sample of it. I would like to have a sample of it. Maybe... Maybe what has happened to me is not irreversible. You say I should seek them out?
Nicole Hunter: Liam... Liam who? How I will find this Liam?
Nicole Hunter: I will await him. I will be patient.

Surveillance log: Omicron Alpha, Shrine Dal'Ja, 3rd February

Exarch Zsun: Well dear, let'€™s put business aside for a moment and be frankly ourselves.
Nicole Hunter: As you wish.
Exarch Zsun: How far do you want to go with this? What'€™s your interest here?
Nicole Hunter: Motherhood. This is my interest. Don't laugh, don't mock.
Exarch Zsun: In what context?
Nicole Hunter: I want a retroactive fertility cure. For me. If I will need to bow before 'them' to get it, I will do it. I will even go to Gamma if this could solve the problem.
Exarch Zsun: Well that you can rest assured is what Liam is chiefly after. As for, what is possible now? I can share my personal experience.
Nicole Hunter: Share...
Exarch Zsun: I'€™ll tell you what happened to me and I would appreciate you kept this personal cause this issue is personal to you as well.
Nicole Hunter: You have my word.
Exarch Zsun: I was convinced I was stuck alone. But as it turns out.. Liam made it possible. He'€™s a brilliant geneticist. Knew something about different genetic associations which are required for the fertility restoration in the first place. While I was on assignment, Liam confessed to me that he had used my "given" materials. He didn'€™t expect success but they just worked. So whether or not I'€™m prepared for it I'€™m a mother now. And that'€™s why I'€™m here now. I would have been fine observing the Zoners and the TAZ. However, the thing is this isn'€™t a clone. She'€™s half me.. half something else. That'€™s where we are right now. There'€™s several children like this.
Nicole Hunter: So it has been repeated. How old is she?
Exarch Zsun: Well, there is a difference. Satrina is not a hybrid, she'€™s something else. She'€™s eight and she was the first.
Nicole Hunter: Is she normal? I mean, as normal as she can be in the circumstances?
Exarch Zsun: She'€™s not as strong of an empath as I am, but she can roughhouse with morphs. Beyond that she'€™s a normal, very overactive child.
Nicole Hunter: What is the genetic similarity?
Exarch Zsun: All the base strands are all there. She'€™s human but, as far as Liam can tell, she has a strand of something else. It'€™s not like a hybrid where everything comes to life when they'€™re plugged into a spirit aperture, a ship or a device.
Nicole Hunter: I see...
Exarch Zsun: Before Nysk died, and Nysk was the first cardamine infused human to be infected, she started the cult. She was convinced there were things we had in common. Not because of the Spirits or the cardamine, but just because of life. The sprits will always distrust the alien beings within their sight. The humans and their mundaness. Despite of it, their continued interest came from the fact that cardamine effects them similarly to us. Neither of us knows the value. But these new children, they see them as their children. Morphs see them as fellow young minds and that'€™s the secret we'€™re keeping. So, you can see how automatically this has become unexpectedly intimate and private to us.
Nicole Hunter: Thank you for sharing this with me. I must ask you a question. If I make up my mind... if I decide... will Liam be able to help me?
Exarch Zsun: After I tell him? Sure. We tend to pick parentage from people who exhibit a high clairsentient level. People who have fast reactions good guesses. But in this case you being willing is enough, trust me. Cause a lot of candidates flip out when they figure out it isn'€™t normal. As in "what do you mean Fernando wouldn'€™t be the biological fathe?'€ or '€œSounds like cloning to me'€.
Nicole Hunter: I share these ... concerns. At least partially. And I will need time to make a decision.
Exarch Zsun: Well I'€™ll tell you a few other things.
Nicole Hunter: But I am thankful for your trust and what you have told me.
Exarch Zsun: Satrina is.. she can use cardamine, but she fully metabolises it and can'€™t become addicted. These indigo children are free. As opposed to many of the exsarch, I have to have pure liquid cardamine less often and I'€™m not detected as terminally addicted. Either way it will be a lifetime to see where it all leads. For now though I'€™m happy. She'€™s happy. We'€™ll be eager to help you when you make up your mind.
Nicole Hunter: Thank you.

It is troubling, Hunter.

News of Nomad cults working so overtly is not a good sign. We have many samples of their liquid cardamine but it would appear they are working on even more powerful version of it. Information will be forwarded to trusted relevant personnel, of course with removed traces leading to you and your organisation.

On other hand, recently we had found something of interesting nature. Recently we received artifact of unknown origin and purpouse. Source is located somewhere within or nearby Gallia and first inspection of it showed no connections to artifacts commonly found in Sirius sector. It may be other piece of Dam K'Vosh technology or remnants of other alien species. As we have surplus of it and secured income of these artifacts we can spare some of those as you may get to something we could miss. Be aware through none of artifacts found are active.

As for LSF base, we may be interested in location of it. As well our recon noticed increased traffic heading into Naval system of Virginia. We are intending to send in stealth recon to investigate situation without raising alarm.

Capella out.

...uploading.data...
[Image: 1b.png][Image: 12.png]
Dear Officer Capella,

I attach report on the Operation Exposure. I believe it should satisfy your questions concerning both the LSF and the Liberty Navy projects. As for the Gallic artefacts, we are naturally interested in additional samples. However, we are even more interested in the liquid cardamine. If you have surplus stockpiles, we would be glad to get as much as possible for our... um... research. Tell me what is your preferable form of delivery. Also, I would like to ask you for a small favour. Could you search your databases for information concerning two individuals, Christopher Dangen and Jonathan Toledo? Any bit of information might prove useful for me.

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...

OPERATION EXPOSURE

This is a report on the operation initiated by me and Mr Krimmler on 7th April and completed on 10th May. Certain phases of the operation were also completed by Mr Yoshida and Mr Diavolo. Primary goal of the operation was to locate newly built bases of the Liberty Security Force and the Liberty Navy. Secondary goal of the operation was to sell exact location of these bases to primary enemies of their owners. Tertiary goal of the operation was to intercept as many as possible convoys supplying the construction efforts.

PHASE 1: COPPERFIELD RESEARCH FACILITY

[Image: OperationExposureCopperfieldResearchFacility.png]

During standard cargo interdiction in California on 7th April we have spotted an LSF transport carrying ship hull panels. Since its captain refused to meet our demands we have destroyed both the ship and its cargo. During next several days we have noticed increased activity of the LSF. Their numerous transports were carrying various base supplies such as industrial materials, robotics or ship hull panels. We have also noticed that all of their transports headed to Zone 21 in New York. Additionally, my source in the LSF, former field agent John Toledo, call-sign Sierra, confirmed that the LSF have a new secret base. Using old reconnaissance data, gathered nearly three years ago by Mr Sanguinetti, we have concluded that their base must be located somewhere in Ellesmere. However, initial reconnaissance performed by me and Mr Krimmler turned out to be unsuccessful. I decided to assign an operative to observe the Ellesmere jumphole in Alaska on long range scanner. On 10th April an LSF transport ship carrying supplies for the base entered Ellesmere, most likely supplied the base and returned to Alaska in 8 minutes 51 seconds. Considering time for finishing the jumping sequence, navigation, docking and undocking, we concluded that the base must be in 90 units radius from the Alaska jumphole. On 11th April I have personally plotted a three dimensional grid of reconnaissance waypoints in the given radius and flown over 2000 units myself before I located the base. I tried to extort the LSF for keeping this information secret, however, they obviously denied my demands. For this reason we have sold the location of the base to das Büro der Marineintelligenz and the Order. The base is still in the development. Right now, it is apparently still in the second phase of construction and consist only from three docking modules, four external storage tanks and a working shield generator. No other external sections or defences were observed. We possess no information on interior laboratories or production facilities. While the base is kept secret and relies only on the LSF own supply line, the agency is highly motivated to develop and maintain their project. Patrols around the base are frequent and vigilant.

PHASE 2: CAPE CANAVERAL

[Image: OperationExposureCapeCanaveral.png]

On 1st April my source in the LSF, former field agent John Toledo, call-sign Sierra, delivered me a roster of the Liberty Navy Logistics Corps. We have used this data to locate and intercept several transports. It turned out that they were carrying base supplies, mostly ship hull panels. Having in mind the reconnaissance which I had performed several months ago, we concluded that Virginia is the most probable location of the newly built base. Our suspicions were confirmed after we have noticed several Ageira, DSE and USI transports using Virginia jumphole in California. On 1st May Mr Diavolo intercepted a DSE transport carrying base supplies in California. Apparently, Mr Diavolo was in a suicidal mood, as he followed the transport to Virginia while being shot at by a Liberty Navy fighter and an unidentified gunboat. Foolish DSE transport pilot led Mr Diavolo directly to the newly built base. In the meantime, I managed to catch up and together with Mr Diavolo we have destroyed two Liberty Navy fighters. After that, we decided to leave this dangerous system. On 8th May I have personally flown Division by Zero and used the cloaking device to get safely past the defences and perform complete scan of the base. It is apparently still in the second phase of construction and consist only from three docking modules, four external storage tanks and a working shield generator. No other external sections or defences were observed. However, the entrance to the base is protected by four battle-cruisers and ten weapon platforms, therefore no additional protection is likely to be installed. We possess no information on interior laboratories or production facilities. Direct attack on the base is almost impossible. Like in the case of Copperfield Research Facility, preliminary report on Cape Canaveral has been made available to interested parties hostile to the Liberty Navy.

Thank you for this intel, in meantime I've did a little research...

Files on "Christopher Dangen" are surprisingly well classified, there is something special about this person that is guaranteed. No trace of Jonathan Toledo found yet but I will dig deeper for information. It may take some time but I will get to you ASAP once I get clearance.

About Gallic artifacts and Liquid cardamine, I will make an inquiry concerning how many we can spare. Considering high costs and limited ammounts of those above, delivery will be done possibly by just single fighter to avoid detection.

I will notify you about uptates. Capella out.

...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
[Image: 1a.png][Image: 14.png]
Dear Officer Capella,

We are still waiting for the delivery. In the meantime, information I have requested last time lost its priority. Maybe we will return to it in future. Besides that we have got something for you. Yesterday, our deep reconnaissance vessel has spotted one of your operatives in California in the company of two LSF officers. Maybe you know about this or maybe you have a rat in your ranks. Just a friendly warning.

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...

Good day Nicole Hunter. There are few changes in the plan.

My name is Michal Golanski and speaking on behalf of The Order. Unlike officer Capella, currently tasked with other assigment I am able to answer much more, without permission from higher ranks. I am in possesion of artifacts, which I will deliver into Hacker hands. Order operative Chamberlain is rather unorthodox agent, but of strong will and dedication within his own methods. He will not make troubles to Lane Hackers that I can assure. On other hand, you should be vary of unnusual high number of important LSF personel that resigned, defected or got fired by current directorship. Copperfield base you provided intel about, has been destroyed by order of LSF leadership. Reasons unknown, key people behind this project are either out of this organisation or possibly dead.

Golanski out.