Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pennsylvania Hostage situation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font=Impact]Orbital Spa and Cruise
News Cast

The conference room on Planet Curacao is buzzing. Many reporters are stalking close to the speakers box, cameras at the read, as well as sound recorders.

On time 5 Orbital Spa and Cruise employee's walk out from the side towards the stand. Four are men, in their 30's, all four are dressed Orbitals Security guard uniforms. The last employee, a young looking woman with long flowing hair, dyed in to a bright golden hue. Her dress flows down alll the way to her toes, sprakling with small rings of gold, and dotted with diamonds. She takes to the stand and turns to face the reporter's.

Good evening...
Today on a Cruise from Augsburg Orbital facility to Planet Erie the Grand Luxury Renzu Liner the Fairwind was taken over by a terrorist group, compromised of Rheinlanders. There has been no formal claim to whom is behind the hijacking.
It is thought at this time this group where planning on setting off a bomb on the planet of Erie, however when the group was confronted by the Liberty Navy in the system of Pennsylvania, just of the Trade Lane going from the New York Jump Hole to Philadelphia Station, the terrorist group decided to hijack the ship. In the process the Captain, and our esteemed CEO Andrew Bellingham suffered an acute heart attack. Before the ship blew up due to a destabilizing Core, The Liberty navy and the Liberty security Forces were able to rescue the crew, our CEO as well as all the accounted passengers all of which are either on board Philadelphia Station or on Planet Erie.

Our CEO Andrew Bellingham is now resting in the intensive care unit on Planet Erie. We will not disclose which hospital he is recovering in at this time.

I have just come from a meeting with our Stake holders of Orbital Spa and Cruise and we have decided untill Mr Bellingham has fully recovered, I will be acting in his stead.

Now, do you have any questions?

A flurry of reporters hands pop up, with Kim picking on one to speak straight away.
*One of the reporters quickly stands up as the floor was given*

"This terrorist group, did they state any direct demands toward Orbital Spa and Cruise over its operations in Liberty space while the Liberty - Rheinland Conflict continues?"
a young reporter stands on his seat and waves with his recorder.

Miss, Miss, does this effect the policy regarding security and will the tickets get more expensive?
the impatient reporter asked.
Our reports give no indication of the terrorists objectives in any way. We must surely thank the Liberty Navy and the Liberty Security Force's that handled the situation quickly and in such a safe manner.

And as to the second request of questioning, Ticket prices for that Cruise will remain. As for security we have launched our own investigation and I have contacted RheinTouren to contact the Rheinland Government to engage investigations in how these terrorists boarded our vessels at one of there state controlled base's.
However at this time we believe this to be a one off, and there is no need to panic in regards to security.

Kim looks at the second reporter hopeful, smiling a delicate smile at him, a re-assuring smile. Then she turns to take more questions.
A young reporter with a data pad he's been jotting notes on raises his hand to be called on.

Looking at his notes, "Just to be clear, you believe terrorists that originated from Rheinland boarded your liner, with the intent of detonating a bomb planet side. During their attempt, something went wrong and they ended up trying to hijack the liner instead."

Looks at data pad again. "You also state there were no injuries with the exception of the captain, and all passangers are accounted for."

"My questions I guess are, why did the ships core destabilize and end up critically failing? If these terrorists had a bomb, why didn't they use it, if they decided to destroy the ship? What has happened to the suspected terrorists if all passengers are accounted for? Also how is it the terrorists accessed such vital compartments of the ship, without causing more injuries among the crew or other passengers?"

He relaxes a bit now that he's been talking. "It was devine intervention that these terrorists with the intent of mass destruction, failed to cause a single injury except for the poor health of the captain, and disappear."

He looks around at other reporters, wondering if he had spoken out of place. "Thank you miss, that is all my questiobs for now."
No where have I said that there was no injuries except for our Captain. Several Passengers had suffered wounds in the ensuring gunfights with the terrorists and the Liberty Navy Marines, but all are alive and will live to see another day. So saying I have stated that there no Injuries except for our CEo is not a good observation good sir.

The Core was destabilized after a large blast was set of aimed at destorying the Liners engines. This was carried out by a small team of Marines that was not surrounded in the first firefights. There objective was to immobilise the Liner so that the surrounding liberty Forces that where located near the Liner did not have to risk chasing the vessel. In the process of the blast going off, it is thought that the shockwave caused damage to the core. This then caused the Core to rapidly destabilize, which resulted in itself exploding. Reports show that the Core blew up before the terrorist bomb could be set off, in which did not itself arm fully during its count down.

On many Cruise we are approached by passengers who wish to buy passage, at higher prices then the normal passenger. The Manifest accounted for 1997 passengers all of which were found, a furthermore 11 working passage passengers have been accounted for and its permanent crew of 25 have been accounted for. Normally all Liners take on around 5 to 40 working passage passengers. On this voyage 20 of these such passengers were not accounted for. All 20 are believed to be the terrorists.

How these terrorists gained access to restricted areas is unknown at this time. And that is our primary goal to determine. Untill we have comp[leted that investigation, we will not be employing any working passage passengers for security reasons, except postal working passage passengers.

Next please.

Kim's expression begins to fade, after talking for a while. She then waits a bit before she answers more questions, taking a short drink of water given to her by another Orbital Employee.
* Marius and Walter manage to sneak inside the conference room. They heard the question and the reply of the spokeswoman. Why Rheinlanders terrorist would attack Erie, if Erie was no strategic importance, was also despite been under Liberty "protection", most people on Erie are Zoners?! Many questions are in both men heads*

- Marius - Miss ... excuse me! I'm not a reporter! I'm a Zoner and i live on Erie where i had a small company! Please tell me ... why those terrorists that you say were rheinlanders want to attack Erie, if Erie has no strategic value, and although is under Liberty jurisdiction, most of the population is Zoner?!

*Marius takes a deep breath*

- Marius - Also ... what happened for the Liberty forces to realize that there was one terrorist attack over Erie?

* Marius stoped and waited for the reply *
Firstly, I do not know how the Liberty Forces knew there were terrorists on borad. You would have to ask the Liberty Navy about that as they seem to know more then we do.

Secondly, I do not know why they were planning to target Planet Erie, which is fully under the Jurisdiction of LPI rule being their primary base with in the Pennsylvanian system.

Kim now cycling in the conference room and the possibility of who these two men may be.
* Marius and Walter were not convinced!*

- Walter - No! Something is very wrong!

- Marius - Too wrong!! Let's return to Erie. She doesn't know or she doesn't want to tell.

* Both men leave the room and return to spaceport and return to Erie.*