Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Gaians
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Source: Cambridge system
decryption in process...
done
Sender: Krixos
Receiver:Gaians

Good day to you, Sirs. Let me introduce myself - I'm Krixos, independent researcher. My view on science wasn't appreciated in Cambridge Research Institue and I was throwed away from teaching students. Due to this, I resignated from work. Now, thanks to my connections in minor trading guilds, I received some funds for further researchs. I'm historian, focused on history of the Sirius Sector before arrival of Sleeper Ships. I heard rumors about quite close proximity of one of your bases, Skye (I'm not sure of the name, but I think that drunken old pilot told truth) to ruins in Newcastle system, in which I'm interested. I'm asking for permission to docking on this base. I'll use it as staging ground during my long researches in Newcastle system. Due to my university past, I know where exactly saided ruins are, I was there. I need only base, where I can resupply my ship, and sometimes sleep. I understand there's nothing for free in this Sector. Thanks to my clear account in BPA I could be link between your organisation and lawful world, but I don't want to take part in any directly unlawful actions. I'd rather be informator, in this matter nothing more. But if we're talking about material help... My connections in world of traders could be used for organising some supplies for you. Water, Food, H-Fuel, Oxygen, even Light Arms. Financial support is still possible, but in rather small sum, no more than 10-15 M of SC. About my view on your fight - I'm historian, not involved in discussion about Gaia, although I admit destroying planet with such wealth ecosystem is barbarity. Gaia should be protected. Paradoxally, Gallic invasion caused evacuation of Gaia and stopped process of terraforming and surveying surface for resorces. If any personnel is still on Gaia, it would be rather dozens, than thousands. At the end, I assure you I'm not BIS or BPA collaborator. I'm scientist, not spy.
I'm waiting for your response - Krixos.

signal weak...
ceased
[Image: gaianini.png]

As the transmission starts you see a man on his 30's.
He seems to be chewing something, and so does the little creature on his lap.
Leaning on his hand he looks at the camera's direction with a curious look.

Now, I won't start saying 'No', not 'cause I'm not mean,
but 'cause you seem a rather educated fella and you've piqued my curiosity.

Mr... Krixos, you said? There's one tiny problem... You say ye have a 'clear' BPA account?
The north of Newcastle is pretty much a hornet's nest and I can assure you:
that 'clear''ll go poof if they see you anywhere north of South Shields Refinery.
Although that's not anywhere my problem, what I don't want is 'Mr. Officer A'
chasing 'Mr. Researcher B' around Newcastle, and 'Mr. Researcher B' leading
'Mr. Officer A' to a Gaian base that's not even supposed to exist.

He taps on the creature's back, which, after giving him a needy look, darts away.

I'll go clear with you on what I need:
I need visual confirmation that your ship isn't id'ed with Bretonian papers. Sending me the
rep sheet focused on Gaians, Bretonian Police, Bretonian Armed Forces and BMM will suffice.
What are your exact intentions with that kind of research - personal use? Monetary gain?
What is the exact callsign, model of your vessel and whom, if anyone, is coming with you.
And I'll need to know what kind of thruster you currently have installed.
The last thing I need is someone with a half-working propulsion system making smoke on our facilities.

We'll be checking your backstory while you provide that information.

Jacob leans back, holding a moment's silence.

And Mr. Krixos...
The first to say he isn't something, usually is.
Do not double cross us.

He closes back in.

Or I'll make sure you know the taste of napalm and sulfur.

Stay green.

[Image: gaianend.png]
Source: Coronado system
decryption in process...
done

Mr. Fade - since I resignated from University, I wanted all this time returning to researches. I'll be discrete during my studies as much as I can. I don't want pause when at once I'm close to be really independent scientist. And in crisis situation - there are few Jump Holes in area, if I have good memory. A friend of mine, lecturer from Astrography Faculty told me about that after few more drinks than usual. And, as a last resort, I have enough possibilities to silence too nosy single pilot, regardless of his/her faction.

What about my papers and relations with BPA, BAF, BMM and Gaians, here are evidences:
reputation pt1
reputation pt2
reputation pt3
papers

I'm flying in old, repaired Kusari Explorer, IFF system suggest Frelancer vessel. Ship has my name, and installed new KlarSirius 519-C ALG Enhanced Thruster. There are not any toxic fumes, exhausts are biodegradable, absolutely perishing in time of hour, "or less", as I learned from manual.

Excluding me, Explorer is populated by 2nd pilot and mechanic. I know that man, they are trusted employees of my friends traders. Whereas concerning intentions of my researches, they are mixed nature. Since I left University, I have no permament source of income. I live for science, but I need money to pay for supplies, salaries for mechanic and pilot, etc. I'm selling some of the already studied artifacts and other stuff for getting funds for further research. Perpetuum mobile, isn't it?

Please, allow me to dock on Skye, and Gaians will have my gratitude, alongside with maybe rather modest, but constant shipments of supplies. My friend can haul some goods in Camara frighter to your base. He is not involved in any illegal actions, so he have acces to many stations and planets. Light Arms from Detroit Munitions, Food from Cambridge, H-Fuel...

I'm waiting for your response

Krixos

signal weak...
ceased
[Image: gaianinismall.png]

It's a very weak audio-only link.
After boosting it twice all you get is static, after ten seconds in, his voice patches through.

...e quite fair I do not believe with that rep-level-id'd the hangar doors to Skye will respond at all, tho I won't shoot you for trying.
I'd suggest paying the Junkers at Trafalgar a visit, maybe you can "fix" your reputation there.

As far as shipping good go, we're always needing food, water and oxygen on Skye. Pharmaceuticals go nice too.
Do two or three shipments of those and you're good to stay.
A few scientist friends of mine will have some questions about that research when it's done however,
I hope you can indulge them for our future relations stay just as pleasant.

I'll contact again after you do those shipments. Gotta get out of this nebula firs-

The only thing you get after that is static. Nothing more comes through the interference.
[Image: gaianend.png]
Source: impossible to determine
decryption in process...
done

*Pew! Pew! Pew! *Aim better John! Ricko, jelly on our 7!*
Uhm! Watch out on steers while shooting! I'm trying to contact someone! Greetings, Gaians. As we agreed, shipments of supplies for Skye *Proffesor! Please press "batteries" button on main console, or we'll lost shield!* by my friend's ship. As I understand *Shields replenished* our agreement, my ship is now permitted to dock on Skye. If any further supplies are needed, please send me transmission on this channel, and I will contact my friend in Liberty. *Sounds of Solaris turrets getting overheated*

With *Pew!*-tude for you, Krixos

signal weak...
ceased