Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Liberty Air Force General Staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
****Begin Transmission****

To: The Liberty Air Force
ID: Gareth Silves
Subject: Cooperation
Origin: Scrambled

[Image: GarethSilves.jpg]

Generals,

I am Gareth Silves of Queen Carina's Most Diligent Interdiction Wing. Most just call us the privateers. The Lord Fairfax had mentioned to me you are beginning cooperative operations with the Black Guard against Gallia and I thought it best to get in touch with you directly.

The Wing has also agreed to work with the Black Guard, we are after all the Queen's men and women and specialize in operations in enemy space. This of course leads us to the potential for direct cooperation with you, or between all three groups at the same time.

I think it is probably best to have some knowledge of each other before starting combat operations in earnest, thus this overture. While the Lord Fairfax's recommendation is word enough for me, I know our own reputation varies by the mouth it comes out of. More to the point, familiarity of combat doctrine would be valuable before entering live fire.

I have no specific ideas in mind besides this first contact. Perhaps some joint training with us and the Guard would be a valuable starting point.

As a personal note, it's damn good to see an Air Force make it's way up to space. You're the angels of the ground campaign that's for sure. Or at least so says an ex-rifleman.

To greater things ahead,

Gareth Silves
Her Majesty's Most Diligent Interdiction Wing

****End Transmission****
[font=Agency FB]S t a n d a r d F r e q u e n c y
[font=Agency FB]
[color=#FFFFFF]Recipients -
Gareth Silves
[color=#FFFFFF]Sender -
LAF|Lt.Col-M.Tyler

Message -
---[Image: LAF.png]---

Mr Silves, to be honest I'm somewhat surprised to see this proposal.

Firstly, as you may have noticed, I'm no General. Unfortunately, that's something of a permanent condition at this point in time. I've never seen the Interdiction Wing in operation myself, though I have heard rumors of your organisation's capabilities, and if half of them are true, you run an impressive ship indeed.

If I understand it correctly, the Privateers focus on raids, guerrilla-style tactics. Such a fighting style is not unknown to the Air Force, but it has not been widely used by our pilots in centuries. Cloud's don't traditionally offer the same degree of tactical flexibility nebulae fields do. While we will have to discuss what our joint operations would hope to achieve in greater depth, for now I see no harm in participating in joint training.

Perhaps our pilots'll have something to teach your boys as well.

I'll be in touch.

Melanie Tyler
Lieutenant Colonel
Executive Officer: LNS-Ravenswood
Liberty Air Force

[font=Agency FB][color=#FFFFFF]Message Ends
****Begin Transmission****

To: Lieutenant Colonel Melanie Tyler
ID: Gareth Silves
Subject: Cooperation
Origin: Scrambled

[Image: GarethSilves.jpg]

Lieutenant Colonel Tyler,

I appreciate the quick response. As I mentioned before, Lord Fairfax over at the BIS had been asking me about potential operations with the Black Guard and your outfit, I thought it best to establish some contact before moving to live fire.

Thank you ma'am. I don't so much run the ship as keep it together. Let's just say the Wing avoids strict organization with an impressive kind of regularity.

Indeed, we do focus on operations behind enemy lines. Our main goal is to interrupt trade and the economy. However, we also engage military targets and gather information when we can. As for tactics, it's much more akin to ground or naval fighting than atmospheric flight. Most traffic is funneled onto the most accessible routes, while the rest of space is more or less a haystack to stay hidden in, nebula or not. But if your pilots know how to mask their radar signature with the geography and disrupt ground supply lines, they'll catch on quickly.

I'm sure we'll have much to learn from each other that could be quite valuable. And if I know anything about the spooks in Whitehall, Commodore Ashers and Lord Fairfax already have plans for the both of us. I have forwarded you private comm information, we can get to the details for joint training there.

Fly safe,

Gareth Silves
Her Majesty's Most Diligent Interdiction Wing

****End Transmission****