Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To all you LN/LNS indies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
You're largely disorganised. This is why you get repeatedly smacked around by the organised rheinland indy fleet of caps. That much is clear for pretty much anyone to see.

The reason the Rheinland types are so organised is that they have guidance in the form of Lobster and some of the other [RM] folks, who have generated extremely good relations with their indies, and (in my opinion) largely ignored the more negative and unpleasent behaviour exhibited by those Rheinland indy players.

I'm not someone who finds it as easy to ignore such things, and as a result, I'm guilty of taking a rather aloof attitude towards the Liberty indy fleet. I keep myself seperate from them, choosing not to associate myself with the behaviour I view as negative. That's something I perhaps should not do. However, I have come up with something of a proposition to help you folks get organised, and hopefully instill a general attitude which is more appropriate for folks having a good time.

I don't have an entirely clean conscience in terms of causing other players to have a crappy time myself. I can accept that, but it's something I generally make an effort at minimising as and where I can.

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway...

The proposition.

I want to work with you on getting some tactical and strategic awareness and develop some workable ideas for increasing your effectiveness (and the [LN]'s) effectiveness in combat.

Those of you who are interested, can sign up here by dropping your skype details in this thread.

We will organise training sessions, and 'wargames' in Virginia as frequently as time allows for. I'm inviting people with every vessel class imaginable, for training both in your individual skill in the ship you fly, as well as working on group tactics and overall strategy. How to time a raid, how to co-ordinate your fire effectively, how to pick targets, and how not to run around like panicking headless chickens when faced with a force equal to or larger than your own.

We'll also put this work into practice with some joint operations conducted in Rheinland and perhaps smaller scale operations helping the Bretonians against the Gallic Royal Navy. (This is dependant on the situation making it appropriate).

The condition.

This will require that you listen, remain patient, and keep your cool. Not everything you hear will be something you like. There will also have to be a few gaurantees with regards to general behaviour. In roleplay you will have to learn to play your navy character as a navy character should be played. You'll have to learn a little about being considerate to other players, in terms of respecting their fun-times regardless of what side they're on.

This will have a several bonuses.

- People won't get angry with you so much.
- Fights will be closer, more tense and exciting.
- You will get treated with far greater respect, by my own faction, and by those who you fight against. This will mean you don't get yelled at so much and don't end up getting blown up by fleets four times your own number. (I hope)

The method of getting this organised.

Drop your skype details to me in this thread along with the name of the ship you fly and it's class. I will add you to a chat which will be dedicated to this idea. I want to generate better relations with as many of the indy Navy players as I possibly can, to create a more chilled out situation in Liberty and hopefuly get you guys on you feet and able to defend yourselves without using utterly overwhelming force.

I will in turn organise instructors and mentors for you, hopefully bringing a few of you to the position where you can offer the same service to those who join the program after you, and thsoe who're less experienced. within the [LN] we have some excellent fighter/bomber pilots, some wonderful tacticians, and some people who have a lot of experience using Navy caps effectively in groups. They'll be glad to pass their knowlege and experience on to you guys in a polite, and non-patronising manner.

I look forward to working with anyone who is willing to learn and listen, and those who can abide by the conditions layed out. Respect is a two way business, and that's something that will have to be mutually built within both groups, independant and factionalised.

I will also be on the look out for anyone who's willing to assist in organising this from within the [LN] and the independant fleet. Contact me in private if you want to help with that end of things.
You have my skype already....gafwmn

LNS-Michigan(carrier),LNS-Lake Michigan(cruiser,LNS-Foglifter(GB),Gafwmn(LABC),LNS-Havador(Dread),plus a few fighters and a bomber.

I'll take the refresher course on tactics...ya never know..even an ol dog like me could learn a few new tricks.
I'd love to help out

Ships: LNS-Sitka (Dreadnought, not fully functional but that will change by this weekend)

I might also make a fighter/bomber, and will let you know on that note
Right. Glad to see a few interested faces. I'll get a chat started out tomorrow and then we can work on getting this properly off the ground.

On a slightly lulzy note...

Quote:[02:54:45] Justin: Joe.
[02:54:46] Justin: fyi.
[02:54:48] Justin: As you do all this.
[02:54:59] Justin: There is an indie carrier shooting Manhattan.
[02:55:03] Justin: ^_^
I am sure those who care will certainly do this.
Just keep in mind, Joe, that LNS is not a faction or even a group, it is merely a ship prefix like HMS or USS.

EDIT:

Headdesk headdesk headdesk.
As I was typing this my blasted autopilot crashed me into something on Geordi's ship...
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff
My 136 hour record of not dying just went down the crapper.
' Wrote:Right. Glad to see a few interested faces. I'll get a chat started out tomorrow and then we can work on getting this properly off the ground.

On a slightly lulzy note...

On an even more lulzy note.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/T.../screen3384.jpg
' Wrote:I am sure those who care will certainly do this.
Just keep in mind, Joe, that LNS is not a faction or even a group, it is merely a ship prefix like HMS or USS.

I'm more than aware of this. It's an open invitation to Navy indies. LNS is a recognisable element of many people's ship names, and is used in that context. Thank you for your constructive and insightful post though.
[Image: emoticon-0108-speechless.gif]
Oh..joe.. you poor lad.. your making the mistake of caring... *teardrop*

Welcome TO THE CLUB OF CARE. I have a Carrier.. thats bout it. would be nice to be in a chat that coordinates things though.

LNS-Canada (Dread) LNS-Toronto (Labc) LNS-Mississauga (GB)

Better yet, get me inta [LN]!
:Djksjks.

Maybe just the skype chat 8|?

I used to fly the LN-Aerolite (Guardian) for the secondary fleet.
But then I joined the LAF and moved it to Leeds where I pew frogs with it now.

But I'm going to recreate that char again and like to join that 'project'.
Some training does no harm.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8