Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Maltese-Wide Broadcast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cristina Mancini smiled to herself a bit right before pressing the record key on her terminal. She now faced the entire Outcast population.

[Image: CristinaManciniTB.png]

Persone of the glorious Maltese Nazione!

Almost every outcast was now tuned in to the live-feed transmission. An address to the entire population by the administrator of the 101st Ghosts of Razgriz? Something really good, or really bad had to be happening.

Today marks an important day in our new generation. Today marks the day where together, all Outcasts from across this place we call Sirius will band together! Today, every Outcast will celebrate! For today we become a true Nazione. The Nazione our ancestors knew we would become. From this will arise a new hope, new power, and new victories. I suppose by now you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about. From this day forward, the leaders known as Set Ramirez, Samantha Marquez, and Death Runner are to be considered Dons of the Council of Dons, and I, its President.

Cristina smiled slightly.

Si, that's destra. The Council of Dons has finally been restored. Set Ramirez is a former political leader and will be representing any independent persone. Samantha Marquez, a personal friend of mine and leader of the 13th whom has shown her loyalty many times. Death Runner, founder and leader of The 81 Syndicate and a known business man seeking the greater good for our nation. And I, the new President of the Council of Dons. Today, we celebrate! For tomorrow our enemies will know pain when we crush them beneath us!
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****
[color=#FF0000]Secured transmission
DESTINATION ID: Administrator Doña Cristina Mancini - Eyes only.
SOURCE: Arsenio Zavala.
SUBJECT: The council re-emerges?

Doña Mancini, this message reaches my ears with mixed emotion. I will be as straightforward with my reply as possible, and hopefully you will come to understand my position on the matter.

I was a representative on the previous Council some years ago, for a time. My father Don Juan Zavala left our nation with the Reapers, having handed his title, lands and honors to me. Some months later the Council was removed as our form of governance and replaced with a rather different form of government, for better or worse.

I served under Jameson as an Admiral within the 101st Ghosts of Razgriz and took a minor role within the government as well... Although this is something I'm sure you are aware of. This second restoration of the Council is welcomed by myself, as a restoration of the rightful order within our society.

The personal attachment I have to the Council will cause me to watch these developments carefully. I may not see eye to eye with my father's choices, but I can't condemn his every action as negative. His efforts within the Council of Dons were admirable. He was part of the previous effort at restoring the Council, along with many from the Shadow Outcast Brigade, the Blue Lotus Syndicate, the 101st, and of course a number of his fellow Reapers.

The betrayal we suffered at the hands of the Reapers not only placed some tarnish on my name (which I have since worked to remove) but also placed an incredible strain on the Council forcing it to eventually fail and be replaced by what I saw as an inferiour form of government. Be careful how you form this... Your potential enemies are best watched in an environment you can manipulate, si?

Zavala out.

[color=#FFFFFF]****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****
[Image: blackchan.png]

CommID: Exarch Liam,
Cult of Sirius: Oracles.

[Image: Liam-1.png]

The organization is overjoyed to hear about this reformation. I recall not too long ago the strength and stability the council inspired.

The following is a message from the Nine, our conduit to the spirits and the divine as we call them.

"Unity, comes from many supporting the whole, the orange ones look to their elders as we look to our own. May they and their posterity bring the light of the -Dream- to all of Sirius. We are overjoyed, Walk the path of light."

We have a great deal to accomplish with the help of the spirits. I was asked to address and reflect on this development because I head the effort to increasing the yield of future generations of Malta. Im also... currently the oldest of our ranks and remember the old council of dons who've always supported our research.

With that. I am re assigning access to the new council and la presidente so that they can review our progress to date, if any of it alludes you I would be happy to present any answers to your questions.

For other spirit business.., tactical, or cult of sirius matters please contact High Exarch Ishtar as she is my superior.

gracias.
Incoming Open-Band Transmission
Comm ID: Vitale Demetri
Origin: Malta

I view this announcement with a fair bit of suspicion. It was, after all, the 101st that dissolved the last Council and polarized the government and defense forces. Since the 101st has taken over dictating laws our power in Sirius has plummeted, as has the exports of Cardamine once the old administration declared smuggling and piracy "dishonorable" and "beneath us". Almost as if they had forgotten what pays for the upkeep of the 101st forces. In that sense, I greatly welcome the promise of a reborn Council, a body that my uncle Vincenzo Fidele and brother Luciano, as well as myself, have served on in the past.

But a promise is all this is. I will hold my acceptance until I see real reform happen. In the last few months of its life, the Council had become a Razgriz-dominated mouthpiece for Jameson, and a new Council under complete control of the 101st won't be any different from how Malta has been for the last two years. A very humbling two years for us Maltans and the proponents of the Absolutist government style.

As the only remaining care holder of the Blue Lotus Syndicate, I await anxiously to see how this new Council views the duty of us distributors, and the damaged relations we have with our vassals around Sirius. With the Kusari-Bretonian war over and the Gallics moving into the Taus, relations with the Chrysanthemums will be vital for our Cardamine flow to Liberty, and with the war over, Kusari will be more than willing to turn its eyes to the Sigmas. How does the Council plan to deal with these problems? And not the least of our which is the rebelliousness of the Liberty Rogues in dictating our access to the main marketplace for our goods.

In the old days, inclusion into the Council, and the Council's authority itself was subject to the power the seated Dons could attain for themselves, and the success of their policies in advancing the good of the well being of the Maltese. I look forward to seeing you prove your right to rule.

-Don Vitale Demetri
<div align="right]End Transmission
[Image: commsbar.png]

Lich looks over his received messages and a certain ammount of disdain passes over him.

'Since you are probably unaware of my own personal situation I shall inform you I have recently recovered from an illness only to be involved in a accident that left me injured, as such I've not been able to fly recently.
That does not mean our men have not been flying and fighting on the frontlines.
Now here I am told "all Outcasts will band together" a new Council of Dons to be formed and this is to be a happy day for this once proud nation, yet a few things about this rubs me completely the wrong way.
You say ALL Outcasts, yet we were not involved in any of this at all infact if anything we were actively ignored from any proceedings.

Now I say this NOT as a member of the XTF leadership just a lone individual pilot. There is something greatly wrong when people of a nation are not told to choose a leader but are told who their leaders are. I have already been down the path of slavery on Malta with many of my fellow comrades, it is not something I wish to happen again. But when I'm told I'll have no say in anything and must just do as told then what difference does it make?

My men are currently discussing the situation threw our own channels as to how we as a whole will approach it I will keep you informed once we have an idea of how we can move forward. As always we will fight for the Outcasts of that I have no doubt, however the rest of the situation may not be so simple.'

Lich wipes his forehead and leans back, despite his recent bouts of bad health and bad luck he still seems to be buried beneath a mountain of buisness that must be taken care of.
[Image: bald-fat-one.jpg]

Enrique, the fat and lazy outcast, is having a few beers in his favorite local pub when he sees this broadcast. He scratches his ass and starts mumbling to himself:

Yeah, that's what our nation needs. Another bunch of these -redacted-.

He tries to get up, but then realises that he's too fat to do that.

Like if Mortensen's half-assed navy wasn't torture enough.

He breathes heavily.

And what's that? Deaf Runner? If the head of the outcast -redacted- support group can get a seat in the Council of Dons then where are the Xtreme Dons?

He then finally gets up and starts waving at the bartender.

No more drinks for tonight. I got to get home early to have time to beat the hell out of my wife.

Your off colour remarks have been removed per standing order #22152.764 continued use of offensive slurs will merit a very real punishment. Your Interstellar Warden, Del.