Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Encrypted transmission to the Hellfire Legion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Incoming transmission...
Source: Office Room 042, ToP Security, Public Relations and Transportation Department
Recipient: Lord Commander Alan Markson
Unknown encryption method detected...
Accessing external memory drive, extracting codesolver.exe...
Message encryption recognised. Encryption pattern: CORSAC
Bypassing security protocols, probing system.
System probe sucessfull. System sucessfully entered. System ID: Unknown
Acessing internal mainframe, anchoring connection, securing data uplink stream...
System anchor in place, streaming transmission. Executing Protocol C...
Message decrypted in private channel. Video uplink established.

[Image: BigJoe.jpg]

Greetings, esteemed Lord Commander,

I'm adressing you because I was under the impression you were a decent human being. And for the sake of this argument, I'll assume you still are.

Now, I have no idea where this is coming from, but I do not take kindly to having my cup of coffee spilled all over my lap. Which is exactly what happened when a full fighter wing of Hellfire Legion forces decided to attack an outpost built by us and our allies just yesterday.

Alright, I am aware you claim ownership of the Kansas system. I'm also aware that my uncle can be a complete arse. I am also aware that this is not The Outer Project you attacked yesterday. Innocent civilians, most of them refugees we brought into shelter, were severely injured during your attack yesterday. So unless you make a habit of shooting random people because your men are bored, at least have the decency to explain why you started shooting at people who mean no one harm.

That is all,

Jonathan Cook

Connection lost, system probe withdrawn...
Data uplink stream cut, source disconnected...

[Image: hfkinniard.png]

Johnathan Cook;

While I personally was not in Kansas at the time of this incident, High Command has assigned me to deal with you.

Allow me to explain why Legionnaires started shooting. Our scouts discovered an installation in proximity to Wichita, but there were no responses to our local hails in order to identify the base's affiliation. In a move which was crude, if effective, one Legion ship fired a single volley at the base in order to trigger its automatic defenses and announced his intentions over a system-wide frequency. Moments later, a Liberty Carrier belonging to the Corona Battlegroup launched from this base and opened fire on Legion vessels.

What choice did the commanding officer have from that point forward? Surmising that this base was harbouring enemies of the Legion, they called in for reinforcements. Just in time, too, as not one but two Zoner Juggernauts arrived at that location... and opened fire on Legion vessels. What possessed Zoners of all people to act with such aggression completely astounds me.

Using civilians as a screen for armed groups is a cowardly tactic, if there were in fact any civilians on that station at all.

Signed,
Admiral Kinnaird

[Image: Comms-finisher.png]

Incoming transmission...
Source: Office Room 042, ToP Security, Public Relations and Transportation Department
Recipient: Grand Admiral Dane Kinnaird
Acessing internal mainframe, anchoring connection, securing data uplink stream...

A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Admiral.

Let me, in this case, set things straight. I have to agree that shooting the base to find out who it belonged to was crude. Most of our fighters were then busy with... another problem elsewhere in the system, and as such the station was left with a skeleton crew. Secondly, the shields going up automatically sends a distress call to our ships, hence the Carrier showing up.

Now, at the time of the incident, I was busy trying to get my desk clear of the mountain of paperwork that miraculously finds its way to the same spot every day. I can say, however, that if the Carrier shot at your scout, it was:

1) It DID shoot at our base.

2) We've been having some... issues with some uninterested people who are not above attacking our ships. Pardon us for assuming any sort of temporary alliance, but better safe than sorry.

Thirdly, regarding the Juggernauts... The Kansas system has, as of late, seen an increase in traffic. Just two days ago, a Nephilim tagged as HMS decided to park in the middle of Kansas and refused to move, stating he was "sight seeing".

Of course he was.

Seems like the quality of Zoner pilots has been going downhill as of late. Whatever those Juggernauts did to you is nothing of our concern. They acted of their own accord and against your forces. Using civilians is indeed a cowardly tactic, one we would never resort to. Take it up with the Zoner Council. We have no idea why the Juggernauts assaulted your forces.

Lastly... The base belongs to a tri-party alliance that decided to make a home in Kansas away from the nth level conflicts that are plaguing the Sirius system. Any more information, we ask you to politely request it instead of shooting at our base's hull.

PS: There's currently a group of fighters zooming past my window saying they have orders to demolish the station. In addition to making my coffee spill all over me a second time, I now have a broken leg. Care or not, I'd like to know where we stand. We have no desire to be enemies of the Legion. Not voluntarily, that is.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Cook

Johnathan Cook;

It seems that the situation is actually more complicated than I initially believed.

Allow me to say one thing; in recent days, the Legion has been on the hunt for new constructions in Kansas, particularly those which have harboured pirates like the Liberty Rogues. We have already torched "Research Station Dorthy", one such base. This suspicion likely agitated the original siege of Key Axial.

After reviewing the Lord Commander's communication archives, I have noticed that he offered ToP some lenience as a gesture of good will. Thus, we are temporarily withdrawing from the Kansas system. Take the time to repair your ships, your base, your people.

You must answer, however; who exactly is operating off your base, who have you invited there, and who is not acting under the auspices of your alliance. I intend to have stern words with some Zoner leaders about the actions of these Juggernaut captains; and with the Order, too, about why a damn Osiris is taking a jaunt through our neck of the woods.

To summarise, I need to be crystal clear on who's working with you, and who is just a... "bystander". Eventually, the Legion will have to draw a line, and those on the wrong side of that line are going to be in a very unhealthy position.

Signed,
Admiral Kinnaird

Incoming transmission...

Esteemed Grand Admiral,

I'm glad to see we can come to a peaceful resolution. Let's adress the issues then, shall we?

1) We do not harbour pirates or any other such elements aboard our base. Currently, only our own forces have docking privileges above Key Axial, which brings me to point...

2) We have nothing operating out of our base, besides regular sorties to find out what pirate of the day is trying to kill our men, as well as scout wings to find out any pirate base within the system. Our only operation is currently the supplying of the relatively small crew aboard Key Axial (ie: food and water), as well as materials for regular upkeep. Nothing else.

3) Currently, The Outer Project, Corona Battlegroup and Cerberus forces operate out of the Key. You might know them by the callsign [KA], which we have taken for the sake of simplicity. Currently, no one else has been invited by us to use the station.

4) Our alliance covers only The Outer Project, Corona Battlegroup, Cerberus and Kansas Alliance (the joint [KA] tag) ships. Anyone else will be acting outside our authority and/or capacity of decision-making, hence, why I'd like for you to warn us if you find the two Juggernauts who decided to be heroes. I'd also like a word with them.

I believe that covers it.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Cook

Johnathan Cook;

Now we're cooking with gas. Excuse the pun.

From our gathered intelligence, we have isolated three... renegade... Zoner Juggernauts. They are:
  • H.M.S-The.Bald.Eagle
  • Infinity.One
  • MCS-Forlorn.Hope
Please confirm that they are in no way affiliated with your alliance, and that you have not at any time requested their help in the defense or upkeep of the Key. It would be helpful if you could also identify any other problematic vessels operating in the region. I can respect honesty, so if you have had previous dealings, I would appreciate knowing about them.

We must request that, should the time come when we must destroy these vessels, even if they are Zoners, your alliance does not interfere whatsoever.

Signed,
Admiral Kinnaird

Incoming transmission...

Esteemed Grand Admiral,

Wonderful. I've never heard that one before. Rather hilarious.

Anyways... I can confirm that none of those ships fly under the flag of our alliance, nor have the support of any member within it. I can also confirm no official or unnoficial cry for help/aid/assistance has ever been issued to those ships.

I cannot, however, confirm their location at the present time. I have personally dealt with The.Bald.Eagle a few days ago, but he has since left Kansas to parts unknown. Infinity.One, I have never met. The last Zoner Juggernaut has appeared on our long range scanners, but has since vanished (I'd suggest Smoky Hill. There's been a lot of activity there recently).

No deals have been made with them in the past and no deals are being made in the present. I can also assure that our alliance will not interfere should you choose to destroy those vessels, so long as no shots get thrown at us in the meantime.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Cook

Johnathan Cook;

That is all very well, then. We have also been in contact with Cerberus and Corona Battlegroup in order to ascertain their intentions in the Kansas system, and for the most part we have received satisfactory replies.

Our last port of call will be to communicate with Zoner representatives. Should they be unable to get a handle on these Juggernaut Captains, rest assured that we will take all necessary measures to secure the Kansas system. If they are found to be aiding or harbouring the Legion's enemies, there will be no mercy for them.

NO MERCY.

Please feel free to keep the Legion updated on the movements of other suspicious vessels which might indicate the presence of other bases.

Signed,
Admiral Kinnaird

Incoming transmission...

Esteemed Grand Admiral,

I have dire news that need to pass through your ears. Please, respond as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Cook

<CHANNEL OPEN>

Pages: 1 2