Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The optimal Freelancer ID cargo limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So I've noticed that new unaffiliated player factions are reluctant to use FL ID in favor of an ID with higher cargo limit.
This often leads to sacrificed diplomatic opportunities or blatant ignorance of diplomacy and policies of parental NPC faction.

Is the limit set too low? Are credits above everything else?
If person have funds to afford him/herself a bigger transport - why not? We have no more tech limitation, so I see no logics in this rule.

If you want to boost corporate faction`s activity - give those cprporate IDs previlegies, but do not limit Freelancer IDs. Current rule won`t bring much activity to Corps just because if person wants a bigger transport - he or she will get corp ID and that is all, he will be trading as indie...which is not far from Freelancer.

Well there is also an option - make corps invite olnly, and allow only them to use high-tonnage transports...

This rule brings no activity to the trading factions, imo.
I think the FL ID is fine as it is. What I miss is a generic unlawful trader ID. So people would have another option of paying a (higher) price of flying a supertransport.
' Wrote:This rule brings no activity to the trading factions, imo.

Perhaps a system that rewards corporate acting characters rather than corporate ID users would do more good.
The Freelancer ID is balanced.
It really is.
But balance is not what lolwut powertraders are looking for.
' Wrote:Perhaps a system that rewards corporate acting characters rather than corporate ID users would do more good.
+1

The question is how to do that?

About the poll i think is ok as it is now. In RP i believe that Corporations are "stronger" in terms of economic than freelancers.
' Wrote:The Freelancer ID is balanced.
It really is.
But balance is not what lolwut powertraders are looking for.

But dear sir, what prevents powerwuts from using copr IDs?
' Wrote:But dear sir, what prevents powerwuts from using copr IDs?
absolutely nothing.
In fact, they all use the IC ID.
Jerks.
' Wrote:The Freelancer ID is balanced.
It really is.
Balanced against what? IC or IMG ID? I really have some doubts about this one.

' Wrote:But balance is not what lolwut powertraders are looking for.
This is a general problem not limited to "lolwut powertraders" and goes as far as prominent invite only factions.

' Wrote:But dear sir, what prevents powerwuts from using copr IDs?
It seems that all corporate factions get is an ignorant playerbase that refuses to represent their faction.
' Wrote:absolutely nothing.
In fact, they all use the IC ID.
Jerks.

That is right, unfortuantely.

But really...why not to lock heavy transports from everyone`s use? Give them to official factions only? So they keep monopoly and conomic power?
Pages: 1 2 3 4