Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lawful bases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
make friends... recruit more mollies ... ask for help... be paitient

You have options.... use them
' Wrote:That comes to fielding fifteen scyllas to match the dps potential of five Dunkirks.
That is, we would need to field a fourth of the entirescylla population (rogue and molly alike) to match the output of five baffers in battleships.
The fleet that attacked puerto del infierno was capable of more raw dps than every rogue cruiser on the entire server combined.
And it took them 13 hours.
I will be frank here and not hold back any secrets (though nothing too secretive). A representative from The OC, VR, Rogues, Junker, and LH (myself included in this) formed a group to discuss a raid on a particular base. We came to the conclusion that we would NOT be able to complete any real successful assault on this base due to location and lack of power. "Well why didn't the closest group to the base just take care of it?" Well, they would lack power even more so than if they had the OC backing them. Eventually after considered possibly bringing reinforcements down there I realized:

1) they could potentially never even make the trip
2) we still may not even have enough power
3) waste of time and resources

So in conclusion, there needs to be SOMETHING that unlawfuls can use as a sort of advantage against lawfuls when it comes to this.. We are too spread out and too low in power to do anything significant to one of these bases.

EDIT: Sorry if it's not too understandable, i'm busy lol.
Your average unlawful faction has zero need for battleships, even if they have them, the only three exceptions beign the Sairs and the Outcasts (the hispanic mini-houses), and the Hessians, just beacuse they wanted them or something.
And only battleships have the kind of firepower needed to even dent a station.
Yes, you can run it out of resources, but you do that by shooting it. Repeatedly, as fast and hard as you can to make it use up more.
For instance, PDI went through about 3.6k basic alloy an hour during it's final siege when it was taking all that damage.
' Wrote:One of the bombers keeps SNACcing the base. Other two take out the turrets when they respawn. Bombers can also waste any capital ship showing up. Leaves fighters to be handled by the snubs. You'll be in for a long fight - as the bomber snaccing the base won't do damage but force the shield to be kept up. 4 hours of this depletes most bases of shield fuel.
5k of fuel can last from 5.5 hours to 7.5 hours. Depending on the fuel type, the defenders can undo 5 hours of work in < 20 minutes. Shield and repair commodities make even a level 1 base nigh invulnerable to all but massive cap fleets.
' Wrote:5k of fuel can last from 5.5 hours to 7.5 hours. Depending on the fuel type, the defenders can undo 5 hours of work in < 20 minutes. Shield and repair commodities make even a level 1 base nigh invulnerable to all but massive cap fleets.
I'm largely concerned about the potential for "lol"bases of a kind.
For instance, were Bowex) and the BAF| to pop down a base in between the Hood and Arranmore......
I'm not sure what we could do to stop them, or blow it up.
' Wrote:Your average unlawful faction has zero need for battleships, even if they have them, the only three exceptions beign the Sairs and the Outcasts (the hispanic mini-houses), and the Hessians, just beacuse they wanted them or something.
and the Blood Dragons

and the Hellfire, back when they were Lane Hackers without being Lane Hackers

and the Council, not unlawful but opposition-lawful anyway
Some kind of siegery weapons would be pretty neat. What about some kind of minelayer equipment for a ship that'd set up a minefield around a base to make it harder to supply it?

Highly illegal, highly immoral weapons to kill crew aboard the base and stop repairs would also be interesting, especially if only unlawful types could produce or use them somehow. That'd balance out the lawfuls having more BSes situation.
' Wrote:and the Blood Dragons

and the Hellfire, back when they were Lane Hackers without being Lane Hackers

and the Council, not unlawful but opposition-lawful anyway
I always fergit about dem BD.
And teh hellfire is....meh.
ze council? yes they have loooooots of bs'es.
err maybe not but they could.
' Wrote:Some kind of siegery weapons would be pretty neat. What about some kind of minelayer equipment for a ship that'd set up a minefield around a base to make it harder to supply it?

Highly illegal, highly immoral weapons to kill crew aboard the base and stop repairs would also be interesting, especially if only unlawful types could produce or use them somehow. That'd balance out the lawfuls having more BSes situation.
Would be awesome. Especially if something like that could be unique to each faction. Though probably not do-able.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9