Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: GH - Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
// This entire explanation is OORP. Apology for that //

Greetings to the entire Discovery server community.

You've probably seen our ships, with the [GH] tag, flying around starting today (the 20th of April, 2008) and wondered what exactly we're doing here.

We've moved to the server briefly, for the main purpose of simply having fun playing Freelancer online, especially in this fantastic mod. We all know each other IRL, and have all done our best to read through and understand the rules of the server.

I understand that you as a community have trouble with unofficial factions. It makes sense. However, we decided to move here for a relatively short period of time, and didn't really want to bother any of the existing factions or the administrators with our presence. We did not come here for politics, and by the time we finished working through your political system, we might not even be here anymore.

With that, I'll do my best simply to lay out what we are and why we're here, so that there is no confusion

There are a relatively small number of us (Perhaps 5 at most, probably less). We all know each other here in real life (We all attend the same college). We have finals in two weeks, and it's entirely probable that after that, we will no longer be here as we scatter across the USA and return to our homes and our lives in general.

Our plan is not to cause anyone here undue stress or harm. We intend to function as Lane Hackers in a roleplaying sense. However, due to our relatively short stay (at least probably) here on Discovery, we decided not to bother the real Hacker faction with a large number of temporary members. There is a possibility that we will become permanent members on the server, but right now, it's still a fairly small possibility. Due to that, we decided it would be unwise to attempt to embed ourselves in your server by joining an existing faction or forming an official one.

I understand our decision to stay here may bother some members of the community, and for that I apologize. If there is really a problem, we will be happy to leave, or at least to remove our characters with the [GH] tag as to not cause undue confusion.

I give you my word here that we will do our best to uphold all of the rules of the Discovery server (which, in my opinion, are incredibly fair and well written). In the event that you ever have a problem with myself or any of us serving under our banner, I invite you to contact me directly. I promise that I will do anything in my power to resolve complaints to everyone's satisfaction as soon as I can.

Also, if you feel there is anything we can do to fit in better here in your community, please let me know. I will do everything in my power to ensure that we fit in here as best we can.

If you need to contact me for any reason, I may be reached at:

email: lassew AT rpi DOT edu
AIM / Xfire : raculot

I am sorry that we will not be permanent members of your server, and I apologize in advance in the event that anyone breaks any of your regulations. More than half of us have never played Freelancer before now, and I am doing my utmost to try to make sure we are able to respect this great community while learning the ropes of one of the best space sims ever.

With respect,
William Lassen
aka "Rac"

P.S. If you want to know what "GH" stands for, your guess is as good as mine. I think we just picked two letters that weren't going to interfere with anyone on the server and went with them
See, here's the problem. We want to KEEP people like you here, and you up and leave in a few weeks. Welcome, and as far as I am concerned, Good Hacking! If you need any help, I direct you to this thread: Xoria's Newbie tips , though I have a feeling I'm preaching to the chior here...
I have to say, if every unofficial faction took your stance and attitude toward moving to our server I would not have the problems with it that I do now.

Even if you only have limited time to play we'd love to have you:)
Welcome is all I will say
Right for starters, you will stay. If I have to break legs and use large chains to hold you in place I will.

It's fantastic that you have chosen to introduce yourselves and explain your presence, it shows a willingness to interact with the community. You'll find us very accomodating. So enjoy your stay. Make it a long one.
welcome!! :D

with an introduction like that you would be ahppy to stay as long as you want, you have done what 80% of all other unofficial clans havent and that is introduce yourself and be honest. for that alone, kudos to ya! :D
Actually, By doing this intro, you made a better Role Playing than some of us... They are right, please stay ! We need people like you in this server !
Man, you guys won't be able to get away. Did you intend to stay short-term, you picked the WORST way to do it!:DAll your Xfire are belong to me.
Thank you for the very positive welcome to your server. We'll do our best not to tarnish your opinion of us.

I'll see you all on Discovery,
Rac
Rac,
Welcome to disco. I am sure we will see you around Magellan. Hopefully at a distance... hacker.:)

Pages: 1 2 3