Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Kusari State Police HQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
------------------------------DATA CONNECTION................................ESTABLISHED-----------
------------------------------RECEIVING MESSAGE DATA.....................DONE---------------------

Encryption: Low
Sender: Sean Stone, executive director of Stone Bros Ltd/GmbH
Sent from: planet New Berlin, New Berlin system, Rheinland
To: Kusari State Police HQ
Subject: Legal codex clarification needed

[Image: SeanStone-StoneBros1.jpg]

Greetings dear sir or madam from Kusari State Police! My name is Sean Stone and I´m executive director of independent transport company Stone Bros Ltd/GmbH. We want to ask for clarification of Kusari Legal codex due to incident that happened today in New Tokyo system. One of our ships was carrying load of munitions when was stopped by KSP officers in front of planet New Tokyo. To make it short, they said that ship broke the laws because is carrying illegal cargo which can´t be transported in Kusari core systems and has to unload it on the planet and leave Kusari. Our pilot tryed to understood what was wrong but failed.

This is the reason why we are asking you for clarification of the laws. We respect them so we are very unhappy about this situation and want to know where was problem to prevent it´s repeat in future. Our main question is about legal status of munitions. In current Kusari legal codex, they are listed only in Restricted Tau Exports section, not Contraband section which would make cargo illegal in whole Kusari space. Based on this, we were convinced that only forbidden act is to carry this cargo into Tau systems, not carry them in Kusari space or from it to other directions. We get this information from this section:

---SHOWING DATASHEET---
' Wrote:--Items marked in ORANGE can not be transported into the Tau systems or beyond by anyone other than Kusari Corporate Vessels and licensed groups and individuals.

Restricted Tau Exports

• ENGINE COMPONENTS
    [color=#CC9933]
  • LIGHT ARMS
    [color=#CC9933]
  • MILITARY VEHICLES
    [color=#CC9933]
  • MUNITIONS
    [color=#CC9933]
  • PLUTONIUM
    [color=#CC9933]
  • [color=#FF6600]SHIP HULL PANELS
---DATA SHEET CLOSED---

Please can you clarify what is the situation or where was the problem? Thank you for your time, we will be awaiting your answer.

------------------------------END OF THE MESSAGE--------------------------------------------------
------------------------------DATA CONNECTION......................TERMINATED--------------------
[Image: ksp_comm_chokan.png]

Konnichiwa Mister Stone.
I must apologize on Behalf of myself and my men. We had received an anonymous tip that you were in fact attempting to smuggle those Munitions into the Tau Systems. Even though this law is no longer necessary, it remains in our Codex, and we must obey those laws.

Until our Government officials vote upon rectifying the Codex, I would advise you to avoid carrying goods on the restricted Cargo lists.

Sayonara,
Naoyo Imai - Chokan.
------------------------------DATA CONNECTION................................ESTABLISHED-----------
------------------------------RECEIVING MESSAGE DATA.....................DONE---------------------

Encryption: Low
Sender: Sean Stone, executive director of Stone Bros Ltd/GmbH
Sent from: planet New Berlin, New Berlin system, Rheinland
To: Chokan Naoyo Imai
Subject: Re: Legal codex clarification needed

[Image: SeanStone-StoneBros1.jpg]

Thank you for quick response chokan Imai. But I must say I´m very surprised and confused what you told me. Our ship was on the way from Kuyshu to Galileo system. It arrived to space in front of planet New Tokyo in lane from Shinjuku station, what means directly opposite direction from Tau systems. But your men ordered immediately to drop cargo and they even don´t asked from where or to is cargo going. Also, I assume that KSP has same TLAGSNET system as other police forces in other houses so your men must saw that the ship is going from Kyushu. So where the impression that ship is smuggling the cargo into Taus comes from?

Also, your men doesn´t tell to pilot that he is suspected from smuggling munitions to Tau systems. They told him that it is not allowed to carry this goods in Kusari core systems. Which is apparently wrong because Kusari legal codex doesn´t say that in any part. They made two errors, because they forced law in bad way and also were unable to explain right why are they doing this. I want to remind you that their wrong decisions cost our company 8,6 million credits on lost cargo which had to be unloaded on planet New Tokyo...

You are advising us to not carrying goods on the Tau restricted cargo list. On that list are also commodities like engine compoments or ship hull panels. Does this mean you want to advise us (and every other non-kusarian company) to not haul these commodities too? Isn´t better to explain your officers that when ship is going directly in opposite way that Tau systems are, hardly can smuggle cargo into this location?

------------------------------END OF THE MESSAGE--------------------------------------------------
------------------------------DATA CONNECTION......................TERMINATED--------------------