Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The return of a hero of old
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Battleship Thebes, Omicron Mu
10:03 AM TST

The space around the Thebes was buzzing with patrols as usual. Just an ordinary day in the Order. Well, all except me being here. I wanted to surprise everyone. It was kind of my thing to do so. Even though I am old and an admiral, it's still good to have a laugh or two, don't you think?

"Do they see us, Alexander?" I said to my first officer.
"No captain, they don't expect a thing. There is a small decrease in patrols, but having in mind that you haven't been updated in so long, it could be we started another war somewhere." he replied.
"Might as well be so. Alright, take us in two clicks from the Thebes and the have me notified."
"Yes, sir."

After several months of undercover operations I had personalty taken care off all over Sirius, it was time I returned to my real home. And to resume my place as Fleet Admiral of the Order Primary Fleet. Nice to see that Taweret and Amduat have kept the place nice and tidy. I like nice and tidy. Less work paperwork for me and whatnot. Yep, I really do hate paperwork.

"We are within two clicks, captain." Alexander notified me.
"Splendid. Uncloak the Neith and hail the Thebes." I ordered him.
"Yes, sir." He jumped right to it to have the right people do their jobs. In a matter of seconds the cloak dropped and you could sense that it made quite an unexpected appearance. "I so love my job," I said to myself.

The comm went active and you could clearly hear "Neith, what are you doing here?! We thought you were supposed to be undercover! And how did you manage to uncloak two clicks away from us." being said by a woman.
"Yes, we finished the mission a bit early and we the admiral wanted to make it a surprise. Thebes, do we have permission to moor?" Alexander replied instead of the comm officer.
Tt-the admiral? Admiral Ravenov is here? Ehm, yes, mooring point five is open. Good to have you back, sir." the comm then deactivated once more.
"You have the bridge Alex, I'll go to the hatch so I can enter the Thebes as soon as we dock." I said.
"Yes, sir."

The Thebes was really a work of art. The most advanced ship ever to be built by anyone. The best thing about it, is that it contained the fleet admiral's office. My office. My good chair, my box of Cuban cigars and my collection of war relics. The Thebes also contained my ship - the Wraith. More then 20 years old and still kicking.

The Neith docked with the Thebes. The hatch pressurized and I was greeted by a squad of soldiers. I gave them the good old salute and went on to my office. I passed right next to the bar. The last time I was here, that thing was still unfurnished and most of the panels weren't welded yet. Looks like they practically re-created the Isis lounge. Good things never die, do they? I was at the door of my office. I took a deep breath and opened the door.
It was...surprised to say the least. There was somebody sitting in my chair talking to someone. And the box of cuban cigars was gone. And all of my furniture, except my chair, was gone.

"What in the name off?" I said.
I've been expecting you, admiral Ravenov.

Fammiliar voice responded. Everything in the office was changed. New more militaristic look was quite different from Eriksson's style. Person sitting in his chair apparently was waiting for him. Admiral Golanski which he thought was in coma returned and claimed back his position.

'Everything went downside, just like that bunker on my head during bombardment. One million dead, Tohoku invasion collapsed and Outcast have gained even more influence by expanding into Gallia. Not mentioning this full blown war in galactic west of Sirius. This ship cannot even move and we are stuck here with just part of the fleet we once had. The only good thing about it is that Core got simmiliar treatment. Taweret and Amduat are capable but I would not leave them alone just like that.'
If I had had anything in my hand now, it would have slipped out of it and fell on the floor. Michal Golanski was standing in front of me. a man who was in a coma the time I had left for my mission.

"Mike, I...I don't believe you made it...when that shot took out your bunker I was surprised you were still in one piece...and when I had in my hands your medical examination it was expected that you would either stay or die in your coma...I told the doctors to leave the life support up for morale reasons, but anybody else would terminate them immediately, in a situation like that." I looked down into the floor, let out a tear and then said
"It's good to have you back, sir." and gave Mike a salute.
'I feel better now. This damn bunker is now past, buried on that sad piece of rock we used to call home.' He Spoke with little disregard to the fact he was on edge of death through with far more serious tone than he used to. Unfortunate events of Toledo changed him. 'At ease, friend. You have been here far longer than I. In this hard times we will make them pay tenfold.' Golanski rose from the chair, to surprise of Ravenov fully healed and offered to shake hands.
Surprised to see Michal standing still let alone walking was incredible to me. When he offered me the handshake, I had but only one thing to do...

"Good to have you back, Mike. It's good to see an old friend still kicking arse while I'm away."
I shook his hand and upgraded it into a manly hug.
"Now, I hope not everything is as bad as you made it sound. You sitting here must mean that the front is stable enough. I know you Mike. The minute they start to overpower us, you hop in into one of your fighters and start kicking arse like there was no tomorrow." I laughed a bit and then waited for Mike's reaction.
Santos Bolevara speed-walked his way to Admiral Golanski's office. His shoulders were hunched, in the characteristic posture of a man with a bone to pick. Overwatch had given him too few men on the Arch, and they had suffered for it. Long, heated arguments, which ended in Bolevara becoming really, really angry, but gave no result.

But damn if was going to give up that soon. He knocked once on the door, as was his custom, then walked in.

"Michal, I...What the hell?"

Standing in front of him was the old dragoon, Eriksson Ravenov. Now that was really a shot out of the blue. Bolevara recovered quickly however, and gave him a short salute.

"Good to have you back, Admiral."
I turned around to see who entered the office, when Bolevara popped out."Ah, Bolevara, nice to see you too."I then proceeded and sat myself in my chair and started looking at the files on the desk. The one opened on the desk was a file regarding the besieging of Tohoku and it cached my eye immediately. "You're besieging the Arch, Mike? A daring move I must say. I hope you gave the man in charge enough men to do the job."
Bolevara was just calming a little when Eriksson touched on the topic that was on his nerves the most. God damn it. Bolevara took in a deep breath, to attempt to word this in a more civil manner...

"I'll be ****ing damned if he did. We had the god damn opening, we held it for three days. All I bloody needed was enough men to throw back any wild counter attack. I did not get them. We lost the footing, and all our careful planning and preparation with the dragons has gone to ashes. Why the hell did you hold the men back again, Michal? What's the point in throwing good men on a defensive position if they aren't enough to defend it? Answer me!"

Bolevara was visibly angry. Perhaps his attempt to control his emotions hadn't worked too well after all.
Listening to angry Bolevara, he admitted he is rightly angry.

'I've arrived too late and managed to succesfuly defend station during second day, third one they breached our defences and outnumbered us. We would crash into entire enemy fleet with just part of our wing ready to answer. I bought as much time we could and I am sorry for your losses out there.'

As speaking he went for unknown object he kept in a room. Artifact of unknown origin alongside he tossed few new reports on the table from various other divisions across Sirius.

'Things get even worse through. I've got notice of number of our hathors going rogue. I've managed to secure the supply routes and soon we will be able to hit on their crippled units and took those ships back. On other hand, powerful Nomad cult just gone into sunlight. Intel has been forwarded concerning Outcast research on improvments of cardamine administered by that cult. At least I managed to recruit skilled group of... you could call them mercenaries with ideals... to aid and co-ordinate combat with our local forces in Tau front for marginal cost of ressources. And that thing over here... one of Gallic artifacts my agent has recovered. Eggheads can't figure out what it is but non-human origin is confirmed.'
I looked at the artifact Michal had brought to attention. It sure was something."Well, it certainly doesn't look Nomad. Did you ask Taweret for an opinion?" I then looked back at Bolevara. "And Mike, next time you do something drastic such as besieging a damn fortress make sure you have enough manpower. I have to say I feel with Bolevara when I say that when you lose a battle because you were not given the right tools, you get pissed off. Very pissed off. Then again we don't have much to spare, do we? "
Pages: 1 2