Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Government of the Republic of Liberty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
::INCOMING TRANSMISSION::
::MINIMAL ENCRYPTION - DECODING::
::DISPLAYING MESSAGE::

[Image: 348r7sw.png]

To the involved men and women of the esteemed Government of the Republic of Liberty,
My name is Lord Ashdown, and I am the CEO of Sirius Interstellar Banking, an emerging company taking a prominent position in the financing of much of Sirius. The board of directors and I have discussed at length the possibility of opening a Liberty branch of SIB through the construction of our own establishment in your fine space, and your recent legislature regarding such construction has swayed the vote positively. Your monthly rates for the lease of space are more than reasonable, and we at SIB would like to pursue this project as quickly as possible.

This base will primarily act as a location from which we can offer our loaning and other financial services to the fine, lawful citizens of the Republic of Liberty. Here they may be able to meet some of our representatives in space to supplement any communications made between parties over neural networks. We are also considering having it serve as a trading hub of sorts, if only to bring in extra credits for SIB and for Liberty. Defenses are expected to be minimum, likely only a shield generator for the protection of our assets.

As a token of gratitude for considering the construction of our facility in your space, I would like to present you with a set of choices for where the SIB base may be constructed. They are listed in order from most to least desirable for us, but should the Government find any of the more desirable locations we present to be problematic, we urge you to choose the most favorable location for yourselves from among those we present.

Note: For all the listed locations, the base would be constructed at an approximately ~2-3K radius orbit, so that it does not interrupt trade lane traffic
  1. In orbit of Planet Denver, Colorado
  2. In orbit of Planet Gunnison, Colorado
  3. In orbit of Planet Mojave, California
  4. In orbit of Planet Los Angeles, California
  5. In orbit of California Minor, California
Should none of these locations prove acceptable, we could also work with a base in orbit of Planet Curacao, Cortez.

While the base is under initial construction, we will likely provide docking permissions only to SIB proprietary supply vessels and, of course, primary fleet members of the Liberty Police, Navy, and Security Force. Once a reasonable amount of construction is complete, the base may be opened up to receive all sorts of lawful traffic.

If there are any problems with our proposal or if you need additional details regarding the location, purpose, or any other aspect of our base, SIB and myself will cooperate with you to the best of our abilities. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Sincerely Yours,
Lord Ashdown, CEO
:::BOOSTING SIGNAL:::
::BOOSTING SIGNAL::
Lord Ashdown;

We are glad that you have chosen to open a branch in the Republic of Liberty. As we do not have any problems with the locations listed, you are free to construct your base in any one of those. Since you specified that they were in order of most to least preferable, I expect to see a construction site above Planet Denver in Colorado soon.

Once your base is constructed, please provide us the name of the depot, which will be recorded by us along with its location when it is confirmed by a bailiff.

Assuming that you begin construction before the first of July 819 A.S., that date will be when your first payment is due. We do not require payment for the month prior to the date of construction, as this is the introductory month of the legislation. We will levy one for future applications past July as and when we feel it necessary however, such as if somebody were to apply on the sixth of a month, trying to minimise their costs.

I hope this is satisfactory to you, Lord Ashdown. If so, we will calculate the monthly lease fee and inform you of where the credits should be sent.

- William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics.

Mr. Hawthorne,
This is indeed satisfactory. We shall begin construction in orbit of Planet Denver shortly, at which time we shall provide you with its name in full.

Expect the first payment on July 1st, to wherever you designate the credits should be sent.

Thank you for making this a quite simple process. I do not doubt that we made a good decision in choosing Liberty as the location for our inaugural branch.

Regards,
Lord Ashdown, CEO

::END TRANSMISSION::
The base has been very creatively christened "Sirius Interstellar Banking Liberty Branch."
We await the information regarding where credits must be transferred come the 1st, and what amount is owed.
::END TRANSMISSION::
Lord Ashdown;

The monthly fee for this base is as follows:

50,000,000 [Zone 2] x 1.0 [Level 1] = 50,000,000 cr

This sum should be directed to the account Ferris.Dufresne on July 1st of this year, and the first of every month afterwards while the base is still in operation. Please also record the time and date as this is very important, and provide us with proof of payment in the form of a cropped guncam image here.

I have also received a request concerning private cruiser support for bases. We are currently discussing whether this would be in the interests of the Republic of Liberty, and should have an answer soon. As part of this discussion, I would like your views as to whether, given the opportunity, you would invest in privately owned cruiser-class ships to add to the security of your base. Of course, nothing is final yet.

We will also be publishing a list of permitted bases within the Republic of Liberty in the main law document shortly to avoid some confusion.

- William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics.
Pages: 1 2