Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sanada Junko
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: p1aQ5CM.png]

Sanada Chozaburo had a simple wish : Have a heir to succeed him.
Two times, the fate decided otherwise.
Two daughters.
For a man of tradition such as Chozaburo, this was a shame, if not a disaster.
No male would bear the name of the venerable and aged house he was now leading.
Not from the main branch, at least.
It would have been a mistake to say that Chozaburo didn't love his daughters.
But, secretly, he was blaming them to have come to this world as females.
Unconsciously, he was punishing them to not have met his wishes by rarely showing them any affection.
Now, the only thing he could hope for was that they join a good lineage; that they do a good marriage.
As the far-sighted and self-willed man he ever was, he quickly made the arrangements, using a tactic that always benefited the old clan.

[Image: SpvMLZy.png]

The younger daughter's marriage was quickly disposed of.
Fuyuko always was an easy child and she turned into a frivolous lady before Chozaburo could even put a finger on this change.
At the age of sixteen, she followed her husband Hanawa Jirokichi, a man who, despite his disgracious appearance, had the good fortune to belong to a very influential clan in the Samura keiretsu.
Chozaburo was planning to bind the elder sister, Junko, to a powerful clan linked to Kishiro.
However, things were more difficult on this side. Way more difficult.
Junko was an unusual child.

She never seemed to accept the role her birth granted her, nor did she seem to be thankful for the princely life she and her sister were having.

At the age of nine, she refused to wear women's clothes and boldly claimed she would never ever wear any of those again, to her ladies-in-waiting much embarrassment.
She then often ended grounded for thrashing some of her playfellows, or to get over the wall.

Then, one of her favourite pastimes became to cut her hairs and hide her curves by wearing large enough clothes.
This done, she could then infiltrate boys classes and participate to the various courses given to them.

Girls had instead tiresome courses like etiquette.

She could never have stood that course in particular.
In fact, Junko quickly began to enjoy to make people unsteady by using irony, sarcasm, sophism or plain illogicality to the point one could never know when she was serious.

This often caused havoc, and in the end Chozaburo decided to have her checked by psychiatrists, wondering if his elder daughter was insane.

But the medics couldn't find anything wrong. She just had an acute mind.
They suggested him to allow her to receive another kind of education to take advantage of it.

But Chozaburo had others plans for his daughter.
Junko simply wanted her father to recognize her and to quit treating her like a fragile stupid little thing unable to understand anything.
But sadly, despite all her efforts, her intelligence and her will, he never stopped to.

The pressure of the traditions in their social circles was simply preventing her to be anything else but a woman of unassuming character, doing what she was told like a good puppy.

The hell with that!

Junko always had hard times to conciliate the role she was asked to play and what she really was.
And with time, things were getting borderline unbearable.

And so, when at the age of eighteen, she finally heard about Chozaburo's plans regarding her, she flew into a fury and forced her way to her father, who was actually in the middle of an audience with some distinguished guest and a few vassals.

The indignant expression of those men, and above all of Chozaburo, when this young lady wearing Hakama, Kimono and Kataginu, entered in fury inside the room was indescribable.
"Father" She started "How dare you to order me to marry that man!"

The vassals gazed with embarrassment at the venerable Chozaburo, wondering how he would react to such an invective.
But he quickly assumed back a neutral expression and just observed her calmly during a few seconds.

Finally, he replied in a reasonable but yet no-nonsense tone : "You are my daughter and you will do what i say."
At which statement Junko laughed and replied in a mocking tone "Not going to happen, Ooo-touuuu-san."

The lady turned her head and, quickly locating Kitagaki Sanzaemon, who was actually the father of the man she was asked to marry, gazed at him while stating :
"I don't like Kiyomori. His attempts to court me were pathetic. And besides, he smells terrible."

The poor old man coughed in indignation, forcing Chozaburo to tell his daughter off and to lecture her about her behavior.
"I bowed to a lot of your whims, Junko. I let you do what you wanted to do. In return, i expect you at very least to respect our guests and to obey me when it is needed."

As a response, Junko just planted herself in the middle of the room and, raising her head, stared at him while crossing her arms in a stubborn manner.

The stare battle between the father and the daughter lasted during a short while. Finally, Junko, annoyed to not see her father looking away before her, puffed and walked her way out.

She stopped when Chozaburo said in a commanding tone : "Junko. If you brave me, you will face the consequences of it."
The young lady stood still during an entire second and finally just walked away, without even favouring him with a backward glance.

The next weeks in the house were uneasy, at best.
The father and the daughter were royally ignoring each other when they met.

The wedding was approaching quickly.
But Junko had her plan.
However, it didn't quite go as planned.

The next day, Junko visited her mother.
Seika welcomed her with happiness.

She was rarely seeing her daughter these days, and soon reproached her to never spend some time with her.
After Fuyuko's leave, she was feeling lonely and abandoned.

Junko let her recriminate for a short while, pouting in irritation.

Then, appearing to anticipate her daughter's concerns, she started to comment boringly on how nice the incoming wedding would be and on how powerful and wealthy was the house of her future husband.

Junko quickly raised her hand in quite an impolite way, gesturing her to take a break.

"Mother, i'm not here to hear you complaining all day long, nor to listen to your babbling. Not that i'm not enjoying it, but i'm here because i really need your help."

Her mother was considering her carefully while she was talking and nodded subtly.

"Beloved one, i know it's difficult. But you must trust your father. He is doing his best to ensure your future."

Junko squirmed hearing her, appearing to grow irritated.

She quickly assumed a less formal sitting and replied :
"Cut it, mother. He's not doing it for me. I'm but a toy in his hand he wants to use for his own benefit."
Seika sighed "You must remember you are part of something bigger, Junko. Individualism never pays in the long-term."
"This is my life, damnit." she exclaimed, making Seika lower her head in disappointment.
"I'm not going to let anyone tell me how i should live and what i should do." she finally added, pouting in a stubborn way.

Her mother laughed silently and gazed at her dreamily.

"You will have to do so sooner or later, beloved one. Because it's a part of what becoming adult means."

She quickly cut her daughter, who was about to reply strongly, and added playfully :

"Besides, i saw this young Kiyomori. He's quite attractive and appears to be an honorable and respected man."

Junko turned her head in an annoyed way.
"I don't care if he's good looking or charming or whatever. He could be the Emperor himself, it wouldn't change a thing."
"Then? Do you intend to spend your whole life alone? Believe me, my daughter, a lot of noble women would be glad to marry such a man."
"Pah! They can marry him then!"

Junko was already on her feet, putting her arms Akimbo while staring at her mother.
Seika appeared to think for a short while and then smiled softly to her daughter.

"Or maybe what you are really afraid of is to come to like him?"

Her daughter simply turned around hearing this, and left the room angrily without a word.

"Touche..." Commented Seika.
"Now where was i..." She soliloquised, coming back to her piece of work...
Her mother wouldn't do anything to help her. Submissivly annoying woman.
The next day, Junko left home alone and headed to the Kitagaki house.

People there were quite surprised to see that young woman ordering them to announce her to Kitagaki Kiyomori at once...
And since they didn't seem to comply quickly enough, she forced her way in, ending in a training room where two men were practising ju-jutsu.

she stood near the door, assuming a bored expression while watching them finish their pass.

Finally, they deigned to notice her, and Kiyomori smiled to her in a kind way.
"Sanada-san? That's a surprise."

Junko had to admit he wasn't that disgusting. If one liked the neat and tidy men.
He nodded at the other man, and said :
"I thought you were too busy with the wedding preparations to see me."
She rolled her eyes "Right. I said that just to make you quit clinging on me like some silly parasite."

He laughed at that statement and gazed at her "Was i that annoying?"
She simply ignored the question "I need to talk to you."

Raising an eyebrow questionningly, he finally bowed at the other man.
"Please accept my apologies, teacher. We won't be long."
He then invited Junko to follow him.
"Let's have a walk in the garden."

It was indeed beautiful there, and she forgot during a few seconds why she made that visit.

They walked while exchanging banalities for a few and he finally proposed her to sit on a bench under a keyaki tree.
Junko mischievously remained standing instead, forcing him that way to not sit himself.

As Kiyomori appeared to understand her manoeuvre, a shadow of annoyance crossed his face.
He eventually looked at her with a half-smile.

"So, miss Sanada, why did you wish to see me so badly. Were you missing me already?"
She just stared at him coldly "I'm not going to marry you."
"Why is that, beloved one?" he asked with a reasonable amount of curiosity.

As she wasn't answering, he asked :
"Is it because you think i wouldn't be a good husband?"

The young lady didn't answer, appearing to be absorbed in the contemplation of the garden.

"Or is it because you dislike me?" pondered Kiyomori.
"Hm." She finally muttered "I don't don't like you, i guess."
"Hm." He muttered himself in reply. "You have such an odd way to express your feelings. Is it that hard to just say you like me?"

He extended his arm to pat her shoulder but she quickly moved away.
"Don't touch me."

As he was raising his arms in a reassuring way, she said in an annoyed tone :
"Listen, it's simple. I'm not going to marry you. Period. So you will do ask your father to cancel this thing or i will break your bones one by one"

Kiyomori laughed at this tirade.
"As wild as a tiger. I love this."
"Do you think i'm kidding?" she said angrily.

Kiyomoro thought while studying her during a few.
"Hm. Maybe you are indeed thinking what you say. But are you strong enough to break all my bones? I doubt that."

She couldn't bear anymore his mocking tone.
Now, she just wanted to make him bite the dust in order to whipe away that annoying smile from his face.
Maybe if she broke him one or two teeth...

Swiftly moving, she threw her fist to his face in a raging shout.
Damnit! He was fast. He managed to dodge it in an elegant move.

Kiyomori laughed quickly and moved slowly out of her reach while keeping his hands up.
"Easy, Sanada-san. You shouldn't anger that much." He then massaged his chin thoughtfully "Even if you're so beautiful when you're that... Passionate."

He then ran away while laughing when she tried to give him a fine kick in the stomach.
"Coward! Fight!" She said as she was trying to catch him to do a Grappling hold on him.

Still getting away, Kiyomori said innocently :
"If you keep running after me like that, nobody will dare to say you're not attracted by me, Sanada-san"

He heard a raging growl behind him and hurried up...

Eventually, she stopped and crossed her arms as she was watching him pretending to hide behind a tree trunk.
"You're done?" He asked.
"Let me think... Yes. I'm done. Come to me, i will give you a fine hug." She replied while pouting.

Kiyomori sighed softly and walked back to her, yet keeping a reasonable distance with her.
"Junko, Junko... I don't understand why you're that angry."
"Because you're annoying and stupid and... Because i don't want to marry you maybe?"
"But why?"

She sighed and looked away.
"Because... I don't want others to take decisions for me. I want to marry who i want."
"Oh... I understand." said Kiyomori thoughtfully.

"But consider this..."
He finally said.
"Maybe if you gave me a chance to know you and if you took the time to know me, you would find you could love me? Perhaps?"
"I will pass." She replied in a stubborn way.

"If you did this, you would find out all i want is to please you and to see you happy. You're a rare flower, Junko, and you truly deserve the best."

The 'rare flower' rolled her eyes at this statement.
"And you are the best man i could find, of course."

Kiyomori chased that mockery with a gesture of his hand.
"Maybe... Maybe not. There is only one way to find out, don't you think?"
"Hm."
"Think about it, Junko. What does it cost you to try?"

She tilted her head and finally pondered :
"I guess i could try that... And i will still be able to break your nose when it will fail in the end."
"See. Win-win." Replied Kiyomori after chuckling.

He then offered her his arm and the couple started to stroll in the garden.

++ Interlude : Present days ++

Junko was angry. Angry and sad.
Sad because of a betrayal.
Angry because of her own stupidity.

She allowed herself to start to believe that idiot when he was saying he liked her and cared about her.
And then?

She found him frolicking and fornicating with another woman. With a Dragon!
Junko fell on her bed, making Ishikawa jump off it in surprise.

The poor cat considered her during a few and lazily headed to a cushion he used to be fond of for his naps.

What should she do?
The voice of reason in her mind reminded her they weren't married. Heck, they didn't even kissed.
By what right was she expecting him to not be attracted by someone else?

No.
That was treachery.
He said he liked her. And then he watched at that woman chest.

Junko hated to cry. She really did.
She admonished herself for being so weak and pathetic.

What he did was unforgivable and he would pay for it.
Listening only to her anger, she quickly got up and walked to her comm console...
The wedding was wonderful.

Even if she hated to wear those ceremonial clothes.
No way to move decently on those.
And not to mention she felt like some kind of nice trinket one would show around to exhibit his success...

But still.
'The dream of any girl, right?' She thought, in a way she wanted to be sarcastic.
Yet she couldn't deny she was enjoying it.

Her father was there of course.
The man was keeping that annoying expressionless face, as he always did in public.

That's what he wanted. Couldn't he at least smile for having all his wonderful plans successful?
On the other hand, her mother was a chatterbox, annoying pretty much anyone having to bear that flow of words coming from her mouth.

Junko then had to put up with the long and terribly boring wedding dinner that ensued.
Having to smile to all those people... Pretending to be happy... Oh well...Not that she was really unhappy, though.

Right near the end of the dinner, she hit Kiyomori on his shoulder with her fist, which ended in the last weeks as a signal informing him he was expected to give her all his attention.
She mimicked with her fingers a person walking.

Kiyomori nodded, appearing to have understood her wish to clear off. Leaning towards her, he whispered :
"Give me ten minutes please, sweet nightingale. We cannot just leave like that."
Junko rolled her eyes at this nickname he got into the habit of calling her.

She then had to listen to some midaged woman whose desire seemed to be to drone on and on at her.
And asking so trivial things...

When she asked her what she planned to do of her spare time, slipping in along the way a reference to a women's club she was member of, Junko explained her, with simple words, she would spend her time planning carefully a nice plot to have her fresh new husband killed.

"I'm joking." She then said, smiling warmly to her.

Bingo.
The old woman laughed uneasily like a delightful idiot and released her grip on her.

Junko was slowly losing it.
Gazing at Kiyomori who appeared to have forgotten her while discussing with some aged official, she moved her foot and conscientiously crushed his until he glanced at her, grimacing in pain.

"Em... If you will please excuse us, i believe my beautiful wife would like us two to leave for a short while..."

Kiyomori entered in the lounge and headed to his usual table.
One of his acquaintance was sat there, busy savoring a renowned tea.

By a quick glance, Yoshida Ryutaro understood his friend wasn't in particularly good mood on this fine morning...
He bowed his head in casual deference, waiting for Kiyomori to sit down before engaging in conversation.

Yet, Kiyomori didn't give him time to formally start, point-blankly stating :
"Well, i need sake. Will you drink with me?"

Kiyomori wasn't known to drink a lot. Especially on the morning.
Raising an eyebrow, Ryutaro finally replied with some uncertainty "Hai. If you want."

Reluctantly, he hailed a waitperson to order some sake, bemusedly wondering what was getting on his friend's nerves.

They raised their bowl, Kiyomori emptying his in one breath, while Ryutaro was merely dipping his lips on his.
Kiyomori reached out his bowl to get served again and swiftly emptied it once again.

Perplexed, Ryutaro finally asked
"Is there something bothering you..?"
"..Just some conjugal bothers."

Ryutaro mumbled a "Ah" with embarrassment, unsure of what to say at this point.
It just looked like the sake already did its part when Kiyomori made a vague sign with his hand, ignoring his friend's confusion.

"My wife is dressing like a man. And she just told me that if i wanted her to give birth, i'd have to raise the child myself."
Ryutaro laughed at this, taking a sip of sake to make his embarrassment go away.
"That's unfortunate. Do you plan to do it, however?"

A glare from Kiyomori followed his question.
"It is women's duty to take care of family home, children and of our well being."
"Hm." mumbled Ryutaro, not committing himself much with such a reply.
"You, you're lucky. You have a well educated wife, aware of her place."
"Hm." replied again Ryutaro scratching the top of his head.
"But i... Sometimes i have the feeling i married a an insane spoiled child. And pretending to be smarter than i!"

Ryutaro wasn't appreciating much when his friends were agitated. Such an agitation was contagious and he started to feel annoyed himself already.
"Well. Then i believe you have to do her education..." he finally stated, emptying his bowl and coming back to his tea in a bored fashion.

Gazing at Kiyomori, who seemed to be perplexed by his affirmation, he then said
"Teach her who is the master in your house and show her what it would cost her to brave you? It is for her own good, after all. You do know not everyone is as lenient as you are. If she keeps acting like this, something terrible might happen to her sooner or later."

"Hm." mumbled Kiyomori in uncertainty while rubbing his forehead.
Ryutaro was saddened to see his friend that disorientated. After a quick sip of tea, he attempted again to make him see reason.
"Consider women as animals, Kitagaki-san. If you let them too much freedom, you can be sure they will do the worst they can. Only by subduing them will you succeed to train them, turning their useless and untidy behaviour into something useful for you and for the society."

"However it sounds so..."
Ryutaro chuckled, pouring himself more tea.
"Rude? Trust me, you will do her more harm by not disciplining her. She has to hold to her social position and i doubt you can afford to show weakness just because of a woman."
"Maybe you are right. It cannot continue like this anyway." meditated Kiyomori, appearing to agree with his friend point of view concerning this.

Ryutaro finally concluded by asserting :

"If your wife only respects force, then you have to show her you don't lack of any."
He gave his friend a concerned look, hoping he would do what was right to save his family home.
She looked once again over her shoulder, still having the unpleasant feeling someone followed her.
Junko was currently standing in the middle of a square, lost in the crowd.

Sighing, the young woman considered again her options, unsure at this point if what she planned was a good idea.
But her gaze soon hardened and she started to walk again, heading towards one of the Naval Forces headquarters on New Tokyo.

Junko headed to the civilians reception desk and asked in a neutral tone.
"I'm here to join the Naval Forces and serve the Emperor."
She was told to use one of the computers in the hall and, with quite some anxiety, inserted her identity card in the machine.
'Okabe Fujiko' appeared on the screen, along with a short resume about her biodata.

"That is the most lame hacking i ever did. And for free, even." complained Kyoko.
"Just do it please."

They were sat on her bed, in a place that just looked like some tech room.
Junko gazed at the cables running on the ground, and the various screens or holos everywhere.
Kyoko was an odd girl. Spending all her time here, using neuralnet only to communicate with others.

Real time was too boring for her, she used to say.
That was a bit silly. But Junko actually quite did like her, despite -or maybe due to- her eccentricity. At least she wasn't superficial like all the others.
Kyoko was currently busy staring at a screen while tapping away on a strange keyboard, mumbling things Junko didn't quite fully understand like "Pathetic. They still use the K algorithm for the generation." or "They really should encrypt that part of the transaction. Still believing the carrier is taking care of it, my my..."

"Are you done yet?" she asked in a bored tone.
"Shut up, Jun. Don't you see the artist is at work?"
Junko sighed and stood up, starting to wander aimlessly in the room.

As she was leaning forward to look closer at some robot that just looked like some creepy spider, she heard Kyoko shouting behind her.
"No touchy, Junko. I have to repair this one tomorrow for Fujitaka Industries. Don't add more work by breaking it."
"Pah... I'm not a baby."
"Hai hai..." replied Kyoko, still watching at her screens "I know how it is. You start to touch things and then they break. And in the end... who has to clean the mess?"

Junko crossed her arms and looked away in a stubborn way.
"It only happened once..."

Kyoko didn't seem to listen to her. She mumbled again "Now if i cross the records with the ones of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare..."
She then suddenly yelled "Bingo!"

"Hm? You succeeded?" asked Junko, sitting back on the bed.
"Of course, of course. 'R' always succeeds. She is smart, beautiful and very skilled."
"Too bad men yet have to find out..." asserted ironically Junko.
"He... You shut up, or i quit helping you and you deal yourself with your stupid husband. Hmm?"
"Alright, alright. I will be a nice girl. Promise."

Kyoko sighed and turned her screen to allow Junko to take a look.
"I found a loophole in the ministry database. Ah! Those engineers are pathetic."
"Hai hai... So what is it about?" she asked, a bit annoyed when Kyoko was starting with her tech gibberish.

"Well? I simply added an entry in the replication node. As i'm speaking now, it must have replicated in all the secondary databases."
Junko pouted "Replicated what...?"

The woman sighed and gazed at Junko in a mockingly way.
"Are you stupid? Isn't it obvious?"
She then laughed, seeing Junko's reaction.

"Easy.. Just kidding. Alright. So basically, i created an identity out of the blue. Congratulations, Junko. You are now Okabe Fujiko, born in Kyushu. Single, no family whatsoever."
"Wonderful. At least i won't feel lonely."
"Now, all you have to do is to go to some administrative center and request a new identity card. Shouldn't be too hard for you, hm?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4