Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Show and Tell... and some occlusion.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The RNS~Rosalie docked under heavy guard at Versailles.

Dr. Ansel Devroix, under guard watched as his sample container and reports where ferried to the entrance of the residences court. There would be no one else but the king and his royal guard there and this wasn't the first time Ansel had been there.

This was probably the first official audience that was granted to him specifically.

His reputation was one of a competent scientific adviser... but in the waning days... after the accident it hit many of the noble families hard, yet ansel survived. Survivors grief sent him into the exile of xeno-archaeology.

That was the reason for today's audience. It was such a gamble but the Rouge Etoile's blind jump into the Nomad worlds, as he was told gave him everything he had today. Including the most peaceful state of mind he had ever known.

These beings of light.. knew Gallic destiny to rule the sector and the one names harbinger wanted to assist his friend Charles in this goal...

He was staring at the portrait of Richard the Great.. aka "the great dick" who had built the station...

The outer court doors opened to the royal guard scanning and checking Devroixs team for explosives and biological poisons and a few strange looks at the heavy containment canister from the captain prompted an interrogation.

"Monsieur... we cannot scan the container." the captain stated.

Devroix grinned "I was almost a member of the family you think I put a bomb in there? Its an exstremely rare specimen... about the size of a robins nest."

The captain looked through the window and saw a small pile of nomad incubi.... infact one actually..waved? at him... the expression on the captains face was priceless.

"Mon dieu! ..dont...let it out of there.." the captain ordered the guards nodded and Ansel shook his head.

"Let you barbarians faint and scream like there was a loose mouse? of course not." Ansel said.

The captain.. with his amount of sass reaching his limit nodded to the security camera and the court opened.

Ansel was slightly nervous.. but awaited to be addressed by the king.

"Dr. Ansel Devroix! Xeno-Sciences of New Paris!" The Captain announced loudly.
King Charles looked with disdain at the man that his guards were dragging out. Another vacuum salesman.
"Next." He intoned, ready to grab the sidearm from the guard to his left and blow out the brains of the next man to waste his time.
"Who is next." He demanded of the guard to his right.
"Doctor Ansel Deveroix."
"What does he want?"
The guard cleared his throat and checked. "He has something to present to you."
"Well, send him in."

"Dr. Ansel Devroix! Xeno-Sciences of New Paris!" The Captain announced loudly.

The guards then pushed the man forward. As he walked, the entire room seemed to look at him.
Charles watched the man come before him. After Deveroix was done with bowing and formalities, Charles wavd his hand.
"Out with it Doctor. And do not waste my time."

The guards on either side of Charles eyed Deveroix carefully, their rifles held in both hands. While the barrels were held down, it would not take them a second to raise and fire them.

Charles waited for the explanation.
Ansel saw that Charles was not only in a bad mood but seemingly boared. This..... This will require firm hands.

Revealing the specimen in the container environment the small Incubi perked up and made an odd cuddling noise before it began to emit a strange blue field around it an entrancing pattern if vibrations and colors.

Ansel was surprised.. the little thing put on a show for him.. "We hear your worries, Worry not." he felt in his heart.

"Your Grace. We are no longer alone. We have finally made contact. But what I mean by we is.. I and.. my constant companion here. This small creature is a symbiotic life-form and in my toil and labor sorting through the seemingly great piles of alien coral and "artifacts" at the university existed a record detailing a race of Guardians...

I've meet them... and in our getting to know one another... from my mind and my memories of you and our people one of their eldest minds offer you... Specifically you. Several gifts.

They wish to be friends, allies, and hopefully you will find it within your wisdom to see what they offer us."

Ansel retrieved the artifact that harbinger specifically promised for Charles.

[Image: Asian_CrystalBall_and_Stand.jpg]

"This orb is a gift to you, Your grace. It isn't just a jewel of great value, but its application its ability to communicate with them was made specifically for you and only you."

he presented it to a guard to relay to his liege. Contact with the artifact would begin the link with the Elder mind that had guided Ansel, we was secretly worried that the two egos would seem... too alike to endeer one another, but Harbinger was wise and warm... as well. Something Charles used to be before the crown changed him...

He hoped they would get along.

"The details of the other gifts... are for them to present you... They are a warm and giving people."
Charles leaned forward, hands resting on the arms of his throne. His guards had their weapons up, trained on the man, Deveroix, and his belongings. They were aiming to kill, as that thing was seen as a possible threat to the King.
Charles weighed his words. Strike down Deveroix, what he had, and be done? Or continue to learn of all he had to offer.

Charles made his choice.
"Do this, things, have a name? If they wish to ally, why do I not know of their names?" He scowls. "While my first instinct is to have you all shot, this situation...interests me greatly."
He beckons a guard to hand him the orb. Taking it in his hands, he studied it before setting it down.
"I am listening, Doctor Deveroix."

Charles picked the orb up again to examine it, waiting for Deveroix to speak.
The ball had a cloudiness inside, it began to whirl and whirl.. until.. everything around him was blue.

Everyone in the room was frozen. It was like being somewhere else but.. in the same room.

It was after questioning his surrounding that a presence fell down like fog...

~"What is a drop of rain, To the storm."~

~"What is a thought, Compared to the mind."~

~"Our unity is full of wonder, what your tiny individualism..cannot conceive"~

Before him.. a figure appeared.. it had many voices... but mostly male and old.. and base.

[Image: redeemedcopy.png]

~Be merciful on Ansel, he searched so long for the answers that a single point of light could hope to illuminate. 'We' are Harbinger 'We' are the Solomon k'Hara The agents of the ones who came before.~

~The Hive sends me to "link" ideals with "The Charles" we hear story's of a brilliant civilization... of peoples who built cities that reached the sky......

*Images of the Eiffel Tower the futuristic city of Paris in the common era that so many kings sought to recreate*

And of those Betrayed by their brothers... Betrayed... and left to do but one thing...

Hurl themselves into the void of space..... with no fear.~

Harbinger stood before him... the winged figure was how "humans" saw his mind... 9 small points of light floated about him.. Charles would feel immediately that these lights where..human.. like him but.. trained..familiar with these beings enough to -translate- their words and thoughts to him.

~"We know how your kind have worked patently, We have watched to see your progress and find that now as you embark on your greatest endeavor >unification< 'we' will show you, and improve you, and give you the tools to outlast the sirians.~

It was in this moment through the orb Charles heard and felt the minds of all the Gallic wild. The infected officers of ships that Ansel has under advisement of harbinger purposed and willingly infected with the incubi. Their thoughts changed as they felt their king. "HAIL THE CHARLES ALL LOVE THE KING." They were not..empty words..

It was true love, trust dedication to their liege. Their hope he would lead them into a brand new era.

An are they themselves hope for.. A Gallia that knew no lies... knew no rebellion... and knew only..

-Eternity-

~The artifact should not be overused, until you are "embraced" the great mind of Charles must be preserved for the rest of his engaugements... 'we' -depart- ... 'we' Shall -miss- "yours" ~

A flash.. and he was back. As if no time had passed.

Dr. Deverioux felt what happened ...his mission was done.. the message was given.

"My Liege, They are known as the Slomon K'Hara, the vile sirians fear them after having betrayed their giving gifts to them... Trade lane technology, Jump gates, and some sirians even steal their genetics... There is no way the Sirians have not violated their kindness. Their all consuming need for profit, and power... Leading them into wars between themselves? betrayers who know no other way to exist.. a cancer to the species....

They see sirians as the worst of humanity... and we Gallia as united, and clean. This is their basis for contact and I will await your decisions for further contact."

"And rightfully they do choose us, the worthy Gallic House. We were betrayed by Sirius, and only a few wish to atone. For the rest, only a storm." Charles projected the facade of fine, but in truth, he was shaken. The speech Harbinger had given him.
Charles examined the orb, frowning. What was this sorcery that had brought his mind in contact with that being called Harbinger? Lowering the orb, Charles glared at Deveroix.
"Tell me, Deveroix...how can I harness their power, to bring vengeance down upon those of Sirius?" Charles paused. "And...why did he use the term...'preserve' my mind?"
Ansel thought quick he knew the question was to try and conclude the meeting in a good way. his majesty would need true alone time..time to recovery and explore the power of the orb himself without being interrupted.

"The human mind has great resilience and ability, they are..many.. and would most likely wish not to overtax, or overburden. The orb itself will time your interactions so that you will not suffer ill effects.. headaches, eyestrain, are the most common side effects of first interactions."

Though he looked to the incubi... as it curiously surveyed the others in the chamber.

"The creature is also yours for contemplation majesty. It will respond to you through the orb... the interactions aren't as strong as their Ambassador and will more or less do as it is told.

It will bind with whoever is accepting through the orb a handful of select volunteers are 'joined' with them.. and will follow you more clearly then spoken words could ever direct. Indeed you can even instruct me in this manner.. as ..'we' are for the Charles. Forever and always."

He thought for a moment.. and as the king was still handling the artifact..

*** 'sir' we feel you may wish to devise "strategy's" and -ideas- in ...seclusion... have no fear in sharing thoughts 'with' your loyal -parts- for we are unable to "betray" 'yours'... (supportive) ***