Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Portside Embassy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Matthias finishes his drink and waves the bartender away, dismissing him.

"Apologies Freya, but I have more duties to attend to. Cannot really allow myself to drink more than one on duty, nein?" He says, cocking an eyebrow and smiling. He starts putting his possessions back into his jacket pockets and getting ready to leave.

He returns one last look at Freya and puts one hand on her shoulder. "Please, do not worry so much. It is all I ask. The party is stronger now, we will get through this."

He sighs. "It pleases me greatly to see you alive and well after all these years, Freya. I cannot wait to fly alongside you once more."

Having finished his sentence, Matthias turns towards the exit.
Nika enters the room rather shy, and tries to stay at the wall. Even being a pretty loudmouthed person, the many people that have been fighting for so much longer than herself embarrasses her. Especially as her eyes cross the Parteivorsitzende at the bar, she lowers he eyes significantly, and sits herself at a table in the back end of the room. She orders a Beer from the waitress and stares at a green glimmering Datapad in her hand, starting to type on it.

Suddenly, the pad gives an audible ringing sound and starts to vibrate in her hand. A message, most likely. As she reads it, her face becomes first unbelieving, then shocked, and at the final instance calm, although a spark of uncertainty remains in her eyes.
She lifts her view from the pad and searches Eye-Contact with the Vorsitzende - and as she is sure to look the other woman in the eyes, she nods slowly.
Freya sat at the bar together with a man in his 40's, the leader of Rote Adler one of the non-paramilitary Bundschuh sects that supported Freya's election as party leader. Freya wasn't one to frequent bars for relaxation or entertainment. Taking a break from her work was just not something she did, even in the Portside Embassy, oddly located starboard on Bruchsal. While discussing "Operation: Erlösung" with the man, she is typing something on her datapad, subtly keeping her screen out of the view of her colleague.

She turns her eyes towards Nika on the far side of the room and her gaze is met with an understanding nod. Freya nods back and then shifts back her focus to the man next to her like nothing even happened.
[Image: EApE3EI.jpg]

The girl arrives at Bruchsal; fresh off the last transport, her hair scruffy and her trusty knit scarf tight around her neck. The green parka she wore hadn't been washed for solar cycles, and those circles under her eyes spoke only of a figure who was tired. She dragged her bag; rattling with the sound of an old datapad dancing with mechanical tools to the starboard side, her gaze flitting around the little bar.

The Portside Embassy.

Trying her best to avert her gaze from the Gaian shorthair, she makes her way to a spare chair, the first one she finds. Julia keeps her bag in her lap, and her gaze to herself -- though from time to time the brown orbs wander up to Freya, the powerful figure, and she stares at the woman in near-awe.

It's not too long before she works up the courage to walk to the bar, giving a small, tight smile to the pair before ordering a small water.

The credits to Fraulien Jensen's name disappeared as fast as that drink down her throat.
Nika mustered the new figure. She didn't look like much, but then again, herself wasn't imressive either.
'Time for some getting to know the new girl', she thought to herself, mainly because the 'new girl' appeared pretty shy and a bit lost. Even if she wasn't a member of the Widerstand for long, she felt inclined to help and direct the new girl, especially around the tons of older male pilots that had hit on her the first time she had been here.

"Evening. I'm Nika. You're new here, aren't you?", she said, sitting down in front of Julia. Two glasses of beer appeared on the Table, apparently bought by her while walking from her table over.
*Lena walks into the bar with two taller men behind her, she puts her hands on her waist and looks through the room*
"Well, this looks like a nice place to hang out for a while doesn't it? Horst, Otto, you can take your time and relax, i thought we would have some creepy stuff going on here but i was wrong."
*The two men nodded and both took their ways to the bar, Lena walked up to the Bartender and sat down on a chair right in front of him*
"Good day, mein Freund, how is the business going, is there any chance to meet the Oberst here?"
*She leaned on the table and looked him in the eyes with a tandalizing look*
"And before you even answer, please, get me a nice Rheinbier, i have had enough of the Whiskey on my ship for a day."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15