Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To The SCRA High Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: rconnorsalt3.png]

This message is being relayed via communication ship in high system orbit. It may come out scratchy, but that is enough to convey what this transmission is about.

Gentlemen, we have an issue. A warship of yours was met by one of the Coronado-Cortez patrols, and the attitude of your officer was intolerable.

Quote:[04.07.2012 01:14:21] SCRA|CPW-Elektrozavodsk: Wight: Back off, Colonials.
[04.07.2012 01:14:24] CR|-Madcat[15th]: SCRA. What brings you here and to Coronado?
[04.07.2012 01:14:31] SD|Sage: Just a long patrol.
[04.07.2012 01:14:41] CR|-Madcat[15th]: You seem lost, sage.
[04.07.2012 01:14:47] SD|Sage: I'm not lost.
[04.07.2012 01:15:12] SCRA|CPW-Elektrozavodsk: Wight: We know exactly where we're going and why, all you gotta to is turn in the other direction.

There is more, much more.

This blatant aggression towards, what are supposed to be friendly nations, will not be accepted. You yourselves would not tolerate such, and neither will we. In what we consider our zones of operation, your men do not give us orders. Most certainly not within Coronado, the system we consider our home.

Do not think the Republic is a broken nation. We have not lost our pride, nor our purpose. We are not sad things you can kick with your boot if we are in your way.

An apology is well called for. I hope you can see past your own pride, and understand when you've wronged a friend. The Republic still wishes to keep that relationship - but only if there is mutual respect between us.

I hope you understand.

Richard Connors
President
- of the -
Colonial Republic
>>>INCOMING
>>>Sender: Provost Marshal Jacob Forge
>>>Location: Destroyer International, Omega 52
>>>Subject: Conduct by the Elektrozavodsk

[Image: 2cru544.png]

Greetings, President Connors. I am Colonel Jacob Forge.

Your message comes at the dawn of the activation of the Reserve Fleet - which looks like was one of the reasons that this has transpired.

After a discussion with the pilot of the Sage and Senior Lieutenant Wight, I have discovered that the entire situation amounted to a miscommunication from one of the Reserve fleet pilots and Senior Lieutenant Wight. For this, I do apologise. We are only human, and thus, will make mistakes. What we pride ourselves on, is, not pride for the sake of pride, but pride in the fact we can persevere through the worst of mistakes.

I am hoping you do not count this as a grave mistake; such an incident is small and random, and should not destroy the friendship we both enjoy. There is mutual respect, President Connors.

On the word of mutual respect...

Quote:[04.07.2012 01:18:02] CR|-Madcat[15th]: SCRA, i've had about enough lip from your smart elitist arse.

Your pilot was less-than-cordial in this incident. While Senior Lieutenant Wight was thinking the pilot of the Madcat was acting aggressively towards the ship !Red, your pilot did not keep her cool and calmly tell him down. While I while educate my men on diplomacy, I expect both an apology for provoke my men even more and your pilot to be educated in diplomacy.

If this friendship is to continue, we both must ensure our forces know how to act, and investigate an incident before jumping to a conclusion that can bring about a diplomatic incident like this.

I hope this clears this up, and our relations remain strong.

Colonel Forge, out.

>>>END<<<
[Image: rconnorsalt2.png]

Good evening, Colonel Forge.

Your apology is much appreciated. I have considered the incident. It is regrettable that it was caused by an error. More regrettable however is how that error occurred. I'll explain my reasoning.
What you have, a Secondary Fleet scout, who gave you false information about a Colonial Military bomber in the area of Coronado\Cortez. Your warship arrived, and on that misinformation, took his word that a friendly nation was acting with hostility.

It seems very obvious the Coalition has lost touch with who the Colonial Republic is. Marshal Forge, we fought side by side, and bled together. How many of both our number died defending against the gallic invasion, and how many more of our people owe the Coalition a debt of gratitude for that sacrifice? Even now, the Coalition shelters some of our military, and we are humbled by your generosity.

Yet you would have me believe that one of your Officers would take the word of a Reserve Recruit over years of trust and bond?

It seems we have lost the understanding of each other.

You may have issue with the conduct of my pilot, however, as incensed as she was for the treatment, the anger is understandable. More so, I am not angry about this incident, but saddened by it.

Regardless, as I have said, your apology is accepted, and appreciated. We can work to overcome this issue, however, perhaps the first step is education. I understand that your Reserve Fleet is active to counter the corsairs. However, at the conduct of your Officer, I am worried your Reserve Fleet, and perhaps even your Primary Fleet, may not be aware that our nations are non-hostile.

I want to work together - but I want to make sure your men do as well.

Thank you for your time, Colonel.

Richard Connors
President
- of the -
Colonial Republic
>>>INCOMING
>>>Sender: Provost Marshal Jacob Forge
>>>Location: Destroyer International, Omega 52
>>>Subject: Conduct by the Elektrozavodsk

[Image: 2cru544.png]

President Connors.

I agree, this incident is more saddening then angering. The false information given by the Reservist Fleet Pilot will not be tolerated - I shall have a Commissar educate the man on how to not lie regarding out allies. While it was a misunderstanding, it still could have gotten worse.

The Coalition, the Sevastopol Division, and the Reserve Fleet wish to remain in friendship with the Republic. Friends are hard to come by these days.

We want to remain in friendship - but I must same the same to you. I want your men and women to be willing as well.

Colonel Forge, out.

>>>END<<<