Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What would you change?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
' Wrote:THAT'S why Sirius wide bounties aren't a problem - because the mercenary should become red to pretty much all lawfuls.

And how many mercs rep themselves to red to the houses when they can be neutral?
What you described is good rp from a serious bounty hunter faction.

But let's talk reality: No one cares for the rep with the lawfuls. If the Merc shoots the Bowex in Rheinland, he does not get FR5ed by Rheinland. Not even if a RFP is close. Likely the RFP will back off when the Merc states "I am acting on a bounty" because everybody seems to think: "Oh, he is bountied... wow... okay. It must be okay.":D

Quote:Instead of Kaze and Jack going off on each other because they can't get along.....

Not true:) We can get along. And we do. *hides an inflatable soft toy hammer and threatens Kaze not to say anything wrong now*
Jack, rules already exist to cover that. If they aren't repped appropriately, report them. This thread does not exist to have a pissing match. You've stated your concerns about MercNet, Kaze has responded. Keep in mind MercNet is not a part of the bounty rules, they just follow them, and thus aren't relevant to this thread. This thread is about the bounty rules, not whether MercNet is following them or not. We will also not be instituting specific rules against specific groups. There won't be a "MercNet Rule".
' Wrote:"MercNet Rule".

Ye. MercNet rules.

<3
' Wrote:So as long as you RP the consequences - meaning that the merc becomes red to the Rheinland lawfuls because even though all he's doing is collecting a bounty - he's also breaking the law of the house he's in, then no problem. THAT'S why Sirius wide bounties aren't a problem - because the mercenary should become red to pretty much all lawfuls.

I completely agree. Really, it's the factions involved with the mercs who would be at fault. They need to FR5 the mercs, or whoever they collected on needs to RP with the house (take bowex in rheinland, like you said). Bowex needs to actually RP (My god, RP on a RP server?) and send a message to Rheinland. Simple, easy, effective.
Make blanket bounties for all, or blanket bounties for none.

Allow law enforcement to claim bounties on unlawfuls
' Wrote:Make blanket bounties for all, or blanket bounties for none.

As a bounty hunter it's annoying to go through a list of personal bounties, checking each one will just lead to confusions and wrong people dead at the end. And the chaos that will happen when everyone put a blanket bounty on the faction he doesn't like gonna be horrible.
' Wrote:Make blanket bounties for all, or blanket bounties for none.

Completely disagree with the first one, simply because private individuals shouldn't be doing that.

And for the second - their JOB is to get the unlawful. That would be out of role play for the police forces to collect bounties. Remember, they're overworked and understaffed in the first place. Instead, I would recommend that there be a group that works WITH the police factions to collect bounties - hunt for them - perhaps even a whole guild devoted to that.

In other words, if you want to collect bounties and you don't want to be a merc - well, that's the job of the Bounty Hunters Guild.

I may slightly irritate Dab with my frequent comments here. That is not my intention. It just so happens that there might just happen to be a faction that I'm the head of that would like to see some improvements to how things ARE done on the server, and with our membership having accumulated years of experience in gathering bounties, we might even have an idea or two.

Biggest thing regarding those who comment against blanket bounties (and as Dab has said, they're not going away) is quite simple. You eliminate the ability of the pirate to rename himself, and you also limit the player on how many pirate characters they can have, and we have no issues. That means that when John.Pirate gets bountied personally, he doesn't reappear as Jeffery.Nogoodnik a few days later and then whine, complain, and file complaints about PvP abuse because the bounty was on John.Pirate, not HIM....

(Yeah, we've seen that in the past. So not only no, but hell no. And if you were being innocent in requesting it, because you hadn't thought about it happening that way - apologies. Of course, I know better. So do you. So nice try.)
Without additional coding the bounty system that we have is ok. I can see the 3 m minimum bounty per kill a good thing- boosting the economy.
' Wrote:Without additional coding the bounty system that we have is ok. I can see the 3 m minimum bounty per kill a good thing- boosting the economy.

$_$
DELETE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8