Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Attention All Outcasts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Epyon, brother, it is 0600 here, i am a tad tired.... i never said i am against 101. I think u read my post with hostile emotions. Try reading it more relaxed. I am not blaming or trying to pick a fight. It seems to me that i expressed myself awkwardly. I hoe if u re-read the post you will think different.

Let's discuss this later tet-a-tet.

Thanks,

Gottika

' Wrote:You can try ,but the fact are: IF I EVER SEE YOU GUYS shoot an allied ship just because YOU think you can decide who can fly what,BE SURE i will report you all.

Patriot, you don't seem to understand how bad the situation can get with indies in capships.

This is not about finding an excuse to shoot allied ships for the sake of it, this is about dealing with people who refuse to roleplay on a roleplay server, even after advice/coaxing/pleading to either write and apply some RP to their very visible ships, or to downsize to try and present a more appropriate and believable type of ship.

Also, this applies to the systems such as Alpha where Outcasts are present, this is not to drive people off of the server, only to drive them from our area of interest if they are unwilling to show some valid RP for their purchase of such a large and "produced in limited numbers" ship.
* Lohingren letting this one go its own path

personally i think this is a fine idea, why is it when liberty, kusari and rheinland do it they dont get bashed but when OC tries to regulate it a bit they get bashed?

go jump off a cliff if you dont like it, cause your all real biased who moaning here
Ok, just for the record, something very rare has happened here. I have agreed with Eppy. Now don't panic people, the end of the world is not nigh, its all ok....

All we want to do on this server is roleplay, not have to put up with people shouting "LULZ" in system chat, or if we get into a fight to have one of them turn up then when the enemy flee start saying "Now you have to leave the system for 4 hours and log off! we won!" in system chat.

That is what we're trying to avoid with this, and is you look around new york there are a lot of indy dessies flying about with outcast tag and ID, breaking rule and being generally oorp. What we're doing here will keep those people out of one of the best cruisers in the game, meaning their presence is less visable.

I don't like restricting the way people play the game, but they way the people we are targeting with this play the game is MORE restrictive on REAL ROLEPLAY than this measure is on anyone.
the SA/LSF/battlegroups should instate something like this.....might make liberty more RP able
good job eppy
best of luck with it
Yup, i am all for this eppy, i still hold to the belief that the governing faction should hold the power over what is flown. This could easily be abused though. But i am more of a role player in the sense that if i would prefer to see it like real life. The army/navy would not say here is a tank/battleship, go forth and do what thou should. But i acknowledge that there are independants on the server, and that the realism of my view would not be fully implementable. Then they should bow down and request permission for the ship. I mean, if on my HT character i saw a RH cruiser i didn't know then what is to stop the commander being rhineland navy in a captured cruiser....

Good call Eppy, would like to see this implemented everywhere. To solve the huge problem of 'capwhores' choosing a certain ship, ie the lunchbox, then why not create a generic pirate line of ships.

With great RP, any class of ship is pilotable for the corresponding faction, just let us see that great RP
Corsairs should do the same Imho...
Okay, forgive me for the crap I wrote before and let me look at it once more.

Lets face facts as objectively as I can express them:

-N00bs who want to be seen perform super-trading to get their dreamed capships without having any RP.
-They buy capships and make "real" factions angry, because they throw black shadows of ooRP-ness on them.
-The logical solution seems to be right what you are trying to do.

Some clarification I would like to add:
-You do not fight Capship whoring. You are trying to get rid of OORP players. 1st big difference.
-You do only care about capships, not bombers and smaller ships, thus making people think you want to be elitist "only I am allowed to fly this ship" uber-pilots. 2nd big difference.

Thanks to this people do not face facts they should, but facts they want to face. Misunderstanding and flames we cause here. Players lose respect towards each other, threads lose points and people respect. Chosing what you write more precisely could avoid this.

Asking why some factions have performed capship-sweeping like this and had no problems, but OCs are flamed to hell? I will try to think about it openely, you may like that or not.

It is almost impossible, to avoid personal problems with other players, while playing the game. And we, as people are mostly not able to keep our subjective feelings and emotions out of forums and game, where there is no place for them. But this happens, and I am no different.

Openely and loudly, Epyon the Bored, it is somekind of a "public secret" that you intend to RP somekind of a "superhuman" - everytime the strongest, the never-defeated. I will add why did I came to this: Seen on many places, if you have the chance, you bash as strong as you can. For example: I once faced a gunship+bomber in my CR gunboat and was forced to run, which was enough to get rid of me. But you went all the way from Alpha to Tau37 just to scare me in 23, watch me run and say something in "Haha how do you feel now?!?" style. On opposite note, when it came for you to face 4gunboats, of which at least 2 were exeptional pilots, immediately after you were destroyed, you cried on the forums about owerpowered gunboats. No the point here is not about gunboat balancing. Many people do not like you, simply because they do not like when you RP a super-human, and then cry when bashed down. Lets face it, I may be affected as well. I personally see it as somekind of "barking" without the strength to stand behind your words.

What does this have with the "capship-bashing" thing?

I came to the forums (after a bit long pause I may add) and seen another of "Watch! Eppy is crying" threads, just like many people did. It seemed you, Eppyon want to regulate the OC capships just to make sure you will be the only Super-Outcast-Universe-Ruler, of which many people are sick of. I thought that too, when I saw your post.

What do I think about it now? I hope it was meant differently and I hope I understand this had nothing with Epyonsr "Napoleonic syndrome". Forgive me my misunderstood posts then. Hope now you will understand what I meant here too.
' Wrote:-You do only care about capships, not bombers and smaller ships, thus making people think you want to be elitist "only I am allowed to fly this ship" uber-pilots. 2nd big difference.

Ok. We do care about other ships, not just capships. However this is about visabilty of OORP-ness and destructiveness of OORP-ness. You can do a lot more harm in an OC BS than a sabre. Just call it damage limitation.

' Wrote:Openely and loudly, Epyon the Bored, it is somekind of a "public secret" that you intend to RP somekind of a "superhuman" - everytime the strongest, the never-defeated.

Right, The Outcasts take cardimine they rely on cardimine, that is their weakness, it is also their strength. The Outcasts have greater longevity, faster reactions, and higher inteligence. This makes the Outcasts super-human. Better than human, but still flawed.

I don't always (infact rarely) agree with eppy's way of roleplaying an outcast, we have very different veiws on it, but this much is clear, the outcasts ARE superhuman.

' Wrote:I came to the forums (after a bit long pause I may add) and seen another of "Watch! Eppy is crying" threads, just like many people did. It seemed you, Eppyon want to regulate the OC capships just to make sure you will be the only Super-Outcast-Universe-Ruler, of which many people are sick of. I thought that too, when I saw your post.

I think this is just getting personal now isn't it? Look, you talk about an objective veiw of things yet you allow your own personla dislike of eppy's roleplay to have a huge affect on the way address him. Me and Eppy don't get on as well as we could (infact we have argued bitterly), but I'll never just flame in such an open and unpleasent way.

Grow up Epholl, this is about improving the roleplay of this server and trying to prevent powergaming, not a case of saying "look we are the Outcasts official factions, hear us roar."
' Wrote:-You do only care about capships, not bombers and smaller ships, thus making people think you want to be elitist "only I am allowed to fly this ship" uber-pilots. 2nd big difference.

To me that's the biggest thing I see here.

This is an RP server so if someone is OORP get a screenie and report them, if their not, or if you simply don't like their RP, too bad.

But what it really sounds like is an excuse to keep inndies from flying capships.

Another issue here is why are the Corsair lunchbox and the outcast destroyer "abused" (and I use that term very loosely here) so often.

Maybe the ships need changing rather than the rules, and nerfing them to the levels of comparably priced ships wouldn't hurt RP and would slow their use.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15