Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: Ames Research Facility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
-( INCOMMING - TRANSMISSION )-

Source - FRANKFURT LANE RELAY LOCAL TAP 92942
Encryption - [color=#FF0000]P|_07 |)3V|C3

[color=#009900]Transmission Received...
Transmission Decrypted...
Opening Message...

[color=#009900]Identification: [color=#CCFFFF]SCHATTEN RESEARCH FACILITY
Subject: [color=#CCFFFF]Ames Research Facility: Potential Collaboration

Greetings, Administrator Malrone.

I am Heinrich Von Trapp, Overseer of the Schatten Research Facility.

The purpose of this communique is to inquire into whether or not we could outsource some research processing work to one of your resident supercomputers. Given your proximity to Libertonian borders, it is understandable that you may feel reluctant to cooperate with a research facility affiliated with the house of Rheinland, however I can ensure the following conditions are met to ease those concerns:

-All processing work outsourced to your facility will be of a non-military nature, and, should you be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement, you will be forwarded regular briefings of the ongoing project
-All data shunted to your facility will be through secure lines behind multiple nodes to mask origin
-Should you wish it, you will be named in the credits of any academic publication stemming from this research project

The nature of the research as well as the details for compensation can be discussed and negotiated should you express interest in coming to an arrangement in the matter.

I eagerly await your reply,

REPORT COMPLETE
[color=#009900][color=#CCFFFF]

Overseer Heinrich von Trapp, BDM SPECIAL PROJECTS DIVISION

[color=#009900]-( END - TRANSMISSION )-
[Image: stationfinaltbtop.png]

[Image: newcomra2n.png]

Topic: a Joke ?

To : BDM

Is it a joke ? A morbid one ?

You send this to talk ? After what you tried in kepler ?
Until you give me good explanation about that.
About civilian murdering...
I will not help you.

And what is this SCHATTEN RESEARCH FACILITY?
I only heard rumor about it.
If it's a joke it's bad one... A really bad one...

Ah and just in case you wonder about what I'm talking about, here is the last report.
Thanks to remind me those I ... killed.

I really hope it's a good science project to make me forget that !

Quote:Today I was forced to shoot people.
Today I breach our neutrality.
This will the last Time I endanger our people for that.

Remember this : Neural-Net link 2.542ml

He was not alone. And he was not here in peace.
I'm sure you noticed the base named Balaur.
They were there to destroyed it, to kill innocent citizen.
I came here to forget such things, innocent killed, whole life obliterate in the name of what ? War?

I spotted Wolf-1 again near Ames. But this time he was not alone.
Since they breached Zoner law, I decided to follow them to get explanation.
That was ...
Unexpected.

They decided to attack that base whiteout a warning.
Data-link one
Data-Link Two
So...
I...

I can't continue... sorry.
I'll let our AI continue the report.

*whisper : Blood, murder, no... NOt again*

*Video signal lost*
*Emetting*
[Image: shodancom.png]

The BMD problem on Kepler is now terminated.

After the attacking. Mister Malrone decided to stop this useless brawl since the Station was emitting distress signal and it was full of civilian from grunder industry.
Just after the destruction of wolf 1 a Rheinland cruiser uncloaked. The fight was really hard and the Armatura took severe damage.
The cruiser is no more.
The second fighter too.
We tried to find survivor. But nothing. Even the blackbox was able to self-destruct before I was able to breach the security system.

[Image: stationfinaltbbottom.png]

Opening Message...

Evening, Administrator Malrone.

I hope that you realize that the Buro Der Marineintelligenz neither makes jokes nor murders civilians, mein Herr.

Given the following:
A) the Rheinwehr has neither authorized any missions in Kepler nor has any interests in the region
B) No sortied BDM assets of what appears to be a gunboat and cruiser class would operate in the manner shown, nor would they be so grossly incompetent
C) the BDM does not employ illiterate, incompetent, idiotic imbeciles

From what can be seen of your logs, only two possible hypotheses can be logically proposed:
1. The units to which you refer to as agents of the Rheinwehr are renegade conspirators engaging in false flag operations to sully the reputation of Rheinland, or some derivation thereof
2. The aforementioned units are infected with L4WL5 Syndrome and were operating outside of the purview of the Rheinwehr

While the latter hypothesis is the more likely of the two, both hypotheses rule out participation on the part of the Rheinwehr and the BDM.

It is troubling, however, to find what appears to be Rheinwehr ships conducting operations of this nature. As such, a task force has been dedicated to determine the circumstances behind this occurrence.

I can assure you, that we will stop at nothing until these rogue elements are eradicated completely, and detained for an indefinite period of time.

As for the topic of our research, the nature of which I cannot divulge until certain confidentiality agreements are made, the offer still stands.

Scientific progress has been and will be the single largest driving force behind increasing the human standard of living - it is my hope that you will decide to aid us in our efforts to improve conditions for all of humanity through our contributions.

REPORT COMPLETE

Topic: Buisiness

If you want that we come to an agreement, I want two thing to show that I can trust you.

First, the complete report about the investigation.
Second, data about the SCHATTEN RESEARCH FACILITY. I never heard something about it but rumors.

Also. The current supercomputer on Ames : the Cerebellum reach 10 iota-octet which is something like 10^25 Yottaoctet.

The main one is now located at Boa Vista station. The Cerebrum, the computer's performance is currently secret, the only things you have to know is that it's far more than Cerebellum. Since it's located far from Liberty, the war problem will not annoy us.

Sincerely E.Malrone.

Well. No news? Quite strange for a such important thing.

Sincerely E.Malrone.

Opening Message...

Evening, Administrator Malrone.

My sincerest apologies for the delay in response. Facilities were locked down in an unannounced mock containment exercise to gauge the readiness of all facility personnel including myself. The previous Overseer, it seems, was quite eccentric - as he automated the drill commencement subroutines with the central computer, and linked the program triggers with a random number generator.

While all went as planned, and facility readiness was determined to exceed expectations, all personnel have been forced to celebrate our high marks with the accumulated paperwork associated with several days of missing contact with the outside.

On an alternate note, the computing capabilities of Boa Vista appears to be much more favorable to those of Ames. The primary concern for consideration of utilizing Cerebrum lies with the data transfer infastructure between Rheinland and Boa Vista.

Given the non-military nature of our research, access to data transfer infrastructures of several corroborating academic institutions permitted acceptable bandwidth and data security through house Lane networks was granted. Unfortunately, no such infrastructure exists to route secure high volume data traffic to our standards as of yet. The feasibility and practicality of efficacious networking can be assessed as needed in that regard.

Reports indicate that SCRA and Corsair elements are endemic to the region. Care will have to be exercised to maintain secrecy to prevent breaches in station security or neutrality. My institution is prepared a measure of transparency and data disclosure should it be necessitated by the onset of conditions that risk station security or neutrality, however discretion is highly preferable.

With regards to your request for information, talks are currently underway to investigate the appropriateness of granting you special diplomatic clearance. As you may have guessed, Schatten Research Facility is a highly classified topic matter - Information regarding the location, facility specifications, personnel, and ongoing projects of Schatten Research Facility are highly regulated and largely unknown even to most facility personnel.

With regards to the research that we are proposing to share with your facility, a basic compilation of the abstract, initial hypotheses, and rudimentary data sets is currently being prepared to be transmitted to your office.

Hopefully, you will find these points to be most satisfactory.

REPORT COMPLETE

Greetings,

Well I just noticed a mistake on my previous transmission.

The Cerebellum reach 10 iotaFLOPS.

However concerning the data transfer.
Well as you know we usually don't use the trade network.
If we left house it's not to be still dependent.
You say that no such infrastructure exists to route secure high volume data traffic to our standards as of yet. If we come to an agreement, I will grant you access to the FP 5 relay we have set up there some month ago. It act as a subspace relay between Ames and Boa. And to be totally secure I will reroute some false data to Corinth to let thinks it come from there and Freeport 2.

The SCRA and 'sair will not be a problem. They are unable to breach it. Or at the time we speak Boa will have disappear age ago. And with the presence of Gran Carina lot of data is emitted.
So first our data will use a unknown system to reach Boa by FP5. And the data coming from SCHATTEN will be hide by the massive Zoner data between Base and GC.

Then the intern security. Boa is one of the most secure Zoner installation. The first one is Corinth, but with the fall of Omicroner I consider this station unsafe. I don't know who administrate it, and my last visit as proved me that the station still run but well.

I will wait your data, the special diplomatic clearance if you find one, and we will see for the agreement.

Sincerely E.Malrone.

[font=Tahoma]
[color=#CC0000]Last Transmission sent

Source - STUTTGART LANE RELAY LOCAL TAP 92942

Opening Message...

Subject: [color=#CCFFFF]CLEARANCE

Administrator Malrone,

For the purpose of furthering this endeavor, you have been granted access to Clearance Level E. As per paragraph D, subsection 23, lines 19-21 of the Rheinwehr Code of Federal Regulations, you have been deemed a PERSON OF INTEREST with respect to the diplomatic, academic, economic or military affairs of Rheinland - in this case, of course, academics.

Under the provisions of the the Rheinwehr Code of Federal Regulations on the Requisitioning of Protected Information, section 5, lines 52-59, you are entitled to put forth a formal request of information in the form of queries. Each query will be received and assessed by a panel of three ranking intelligence officers and answered or denied on a case-by-case basis.

Any and all information requests can be handled on this channel.

REPORT COMPLETE

Greetings,

Thanks for the queries.

I'll take one more day to thinks about them.
Since this agreement is important, I'll have to thinks of everything.

Sincerely E.Malrone.

Pages: 1 2