Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thanks, Amurricah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So apparently The UNAITED STAITS OF AMURRICAR are blocking all streams of the Olympics because NBC holds the media contract. That means NBC decides what we get to see, complete with touching personal stories of the athletes and profuse advertisements. The only info I get about the Olympics is now Tumblr, where I almost feel like an image pirate by seeing pictures of the sports.
This should be in Floodbook.
You're blaming a country for the actions of a company and the International Olympic Committee? Lets dispense with the petty nation-bashing, despite how popular it is to take shots at the U.S. It's bad form, especially when the country has nothing to do with it, and especially during a sporting event that was created in order to bring nations together and promote unity.
I was writing a reply, but it gets too much into politics, which shouldn't be here. Suffice to say, you have no idea how TV stations work or make money. Also, the government can't just tell the Olympic Committee; "Sorry, we're letting all TV companies broadcast your event even though you only let NBC do it." Just "slightly" against the free market concept. Tis why it's done the exact same way in most European countries.
Like I said, too bored to think. Can I shoot something now?

Edit: Flood Flood Flood Flood Flood Flood Flood Flood Flood Flood Flood Flood Flood . Serious level: Flood Flood Flood Flood
[Image: tunj1-tweeted-this-image-with-the-captio...g-like.jpg]
Just wait untill its over, and then you can get it through other means.
Pages: 1 2 3 4