Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "Silence"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(//Feel free to PM me any comment, feedback or flame, i can take it all. I hope...//)

Ambush! Blasted pirates ambushed us

The day started so good. We received words about a lone pirate fighter with a solid bounty on his head. Captain Saul immediately ordered a change of course. It looked like a easy job Jimmy, our scanner officer, one of the best I known, scanned that whole system, and detected only one fighter. Just as we were told. Intercept course was set, weapons were powered up, and we already seen that bounty in our hands. The ship needed some upgrades, so most of the money would go there. But even with that every member could expect a good sum in credits.

And then it happened. They were hiding behind the rocks. That and the radiation proved too much for our scanners. A blasted destroyer How did Jimmy missed that?! backed up by three fighters We had no chance Captain ordered a retreat, and sent a distress call His last orders. An unlucky shot hit our shield generator, and a missile hit the bridge, killing the captain, Jimmy and one more crew member. With our shield down the fighters moved to kill. We used the asteroids to avoid the destroyers fire and move away from it, but the fighters were still on our tail. Most of our weapons were destroyed, but we managed to severely damage one of the fighters with remaining ones. He fell back to the destroyer, which was slower then our ship.

There was a Freeport near, and I set a new course to it. It would seem that the distress call reached someone, because a Bounty Hunter fighter came to our help. The asteroids slowed down the destroyer, and the two remaining fighters could not finish us alone now that we had help. After few more missiles fired at us they too returned. The ship was still in one piece, and we manage to dock on the Freeport. We lost three crew members, including the captain. Shield generator is unusable, most of our weapons were lost, engines at 50 %

The Zoners have agreed to provide us with repairs and spare parts, but I dont know how we will continue without the captain. The ship needs repairs, we all need a good long rest and the poor captain must be taken care of. We all owe our life to him. Our stay here on this Freeport will be long.

I always wanted to command my own ship. He he Captain Tommy sounded so good. Ever since I helped my old pa on his ship. Ship an old rusty freighter, but I fell in love with that ship, with all ships, space, flying. We were poor, too poor for a better ship then the old freighter.
When I was young, I used to stand on the landing pad on planet Denver, looking at all those ships there. Watching, dreaming how I will one day command my own ship. Childish dreams they always said, adding that my fathers ship is the best I would fly.
I remember one of those days It was a windy day, and as usually I was watching ships on the landing pad, when a big ship landed and Bah, memories.

But I never wanted this to happened. To gain command over a ship because the last captain died. The crew voted me as their new captain, as I served many years under captain Saul, first as a crew member and in the end as his first officer. Well, I'm not sure about me commanding this ship, but the crew apparently is. Hopefully I will do a good job.

I have given the crew one more day to rest. Tomorrow we will move on, there are many criminals with a bounty on them, and we need credits. And we also need to find out about the pirate fleet that ambushed us. They knew we were coming, someone must have told them, and I want to know who.

We unlocked from the Freeport, and set course for Liberty space. We need more crew, and I have few old friends there. Most of them I knew from my younger days when I was serving on board various trade ships. I know they are good pilots, and in need of a better paying job. Serving on board a trade ship is a tough, low paying job.

I thank Saul for getting me out of that. Luck, pure luck brought him into that bar on Huston at the same time as me. I had a free day, and nothing to do. That bar was one of my favorites, dark, quiet and with cheap drinks. Just what you need after a week on board a noisy freighter. Saul was hunting a petty criminal last sighted in that same bar.
Well, he did not find him, he found me and hired me. He changed my life. Now maybe I can change few life's too.

Found two old friends on Manhattan, they couldnt wait to leave their old job. Also I heard that another one is working on a Transport ship going from Leeds to New York. He was a bit unwilling, but promise of a good cut from the bounty's changed his mind. The ship now had full crew, and we set course for Rheinland. We got that blasted contract on New Berlin, and I wanted some answers.

We arrived to New Berlin few days later, and well that was useless. In all my 34 years I was never so angry. No answers, no one knew that man, nothing. It was like he never existed. What next? Should we continue with our usual job of hunting bounty's? After all we are Bounty Hunters, and this is a Hunter ship. It is what we do best and we sure need some credits. A quick check of the employment board showed several good bounty's, and we could take them. Few fighters, one gunboat, all we could take on.

While on the planet I looked for new ship hull panels. The hull took a beating, and Zoners did not have new ones. But the price was a bit too high, I guess the old ones will be good for now.
There was also a young man who wanted to join us. Said he was good with scanners, so I gave him a chance and hired him. I will inform the crew about all this, and ask for their opinion. But I doubt they will object to some work and good cash.
We are going back to work, and I'm finally commanding my own ship. A ship named Silence.