Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Secured Congress Transmission.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: feUU8.png]

Greetings Tyber Zann.

Tyber I require your assistance immediately.
We have finished a deal with the Rogues.

The time has come to secure the scylla.
Proceed to Cassini and meet with the dockmaster there.
He will be expecting you and will direct you to the ship.

Send me a status report once you have the ship.

That is all.

~Transmission Ends~
[Image: dxfgoo.png]

Howdy James,

I met with the fellas in Cassini and I've seen the Scylla. It's not much more than a rusted hull. I'm sure they believe we got the short end of the stick on this deal. I would disagree. I think she's just what we're looking for. With a good bit of elbow grease and some TLC we'll have us a first rate vessel. Heck, they won't even recognize her when we're done.

She's not going anywhere under her own power. We'll need a couple of our boys to haul her back to Puerto Rico. I'm done puttin together my Salvager at Vieques so the bay I'd been using is open. I'll do a more thorough assesment once she's back home.

[Image: scylia.jpg]

Arbiter Trenton,

Our Scylla is at Vieques Shipyard. She made it there without incident. We thought it prudent to move her discreetly so we took jumpholes and kept a wary eye on our scanners; Nobody came withing range. I haven't heard talk of anything unusual so I'll assume we got her there without raising a fuss. My crew and I are already lookin over every inch of her to determine what needs be done to bring her into service. I'll give a full report as soon as we have a better idea what we're dealing with.

I am aware of what's going on in Puerto Rico and I can assure you we'll be burnin the midnight oil to get her up and about. You should have a list of materials we'll be needin soon enough. Some of the items will be a bit sensitive, but where there's a will a way will present itself.

[Image: towingScylia.jpg]

Typical Rogues to give us such a fine vessel.
Still you have done well in securing the ship.
Send me a list of what is needed to get her back in working order.
We need to get the ship operational as soon as we can.
Keep me informed of its progress.
Great work captain!
Thank you Tyber.

JT,

I'm still working with my team to determine the extent of the repairs needed. My first priority will be to repair the structure and restore integrity to the hull. To do so we're gonna need a few things.

Ship Hull panels - 60,000 units
Super alloy to repair and reinforce the frame - 30,000 units
Scrap metal to repair internal structure - 25,000 units
Depleted Uranium /toxic waste/ to upgrade the Armor - 40,000 units

This would be easy to fill with our fleet if they weren't committed to defending Puerto Rico. Maybe we can contract it out? Anyway, you're the boss. I'll get you more information as soon as I have it. We'll be looking at the drive system next. I have my reactor ace checkin to see if we can repair what we have or if we'll be lookin for a new one.

[Image: Scyliarestoration.jpg]

Howdy JT,

I've had my best man, er... girl, checkin out the reactor. She'll be able to get it up and runnin but needs a few things. I've already got a line on the nuclear devices we'll be needin to get it functional so you needn't worry about those.

Platinum for the thermal couplings - 5,000 units
Niobium for the nuclear reactor - 5,000 units

The engine is actually not in as bad a shape as I'd first thought. We've already begun working on making it operational again. Few things we'll need.

Engine Components - 2500 units
Beryllium for both the reactor and the engine - 5,000 units

On the good news side of things I've already aquired the Cap Thrusters we'll need and they're being installed as we speak. Be figurin what'll be needed to run her next. I can tell you the first thing is going to be... a bridge. I'm sure we'll be able to work it out.

[Image: ScyillaAssessment.jpg]

Arbiter Trenton,

We have good news! When misfortune falls on one it often profits another. This is the case for us today. A Rogue Scylla was engaged in a bit of piracy at the trade lane through the Jersey Debris field. They had the unfortunate luck to be on the recieving end of a watchful Navy patrol. There were a couple o' indi Junkers working the scrap fields, as they often do, and they saw the whole thing go down from a distance. Showing up they saw the wrecked hull and had heard in Rochester about our project so right off they started salvaging the larger components. They were able to recover the bridge more or less intact. Talk about saving us a whole lotta time!

As I'm the one doing the restorin on this here ship the fellas sent em my way. I tell you they won't be paying for a drink on any Junker bases for quite some time. I thanked em hearty for what they done and let em know the Congress sure does appreciate their contribution. I'll need some components to get things tip top, but I have a plan to get everything we need. Not to worry.

[Image: Scyllabridge.jpg]

Howdy JT,

Things are coming along well. I've secured quite a bit of what we need and we're working around the clock to assemble and repair the ship. The thrusters are installed and functional. We've started work on the life support system and I've already aquired the Xenobiotic Filters needed to run it. The next big step will be establishing a working bridge. The things I need to complete that are already in the works. I expect a shipment within a couple days. I will continue to update you as we make progress.

I haven't worked out yet how we're going to arm her, but I'm sure we'll come to a solution soon enough.

[Image: SycllaPartiallydone.jpg]

This is great news Tyber!
As for arming the ship I don't want anything fancy.
Stick with the basics here.
Have the boys on Vieques whip you up some regular turrets.
We will be able to start moving more materials for you soon.
Just need to finish our defense structures first.

Arbitor Trenton,

Congressman Ashford really came through for us getting the components needed from Kusari to complete the Bridge. I have the crew working on bringing the Command Module fully online. Scanners are being installed. The equipment dealer here on Vieques was able to get us a top of the line model; there won't be anyone sneaking up on us unexpectedely. Comms are giving us a bit of trouble, but then don't they always. We can transmit but can't recieve. We'll figure it out I'm sure.

My girl's done wonders restoring the original reactor. Still waiting on some of the components but I'm assured they're filtering in. There's so much to do that it really isn't slowing us down yet. Using the basic turrets will be too easy. I'm having the Vieques crew install them as we speak. I haven't gotten to the targeting systems yet, but until the guns are calibrated we wouldn't be able to sync em anyway.

I know what I'm doing is important, but I can't help wanting to throw my lot in with our boys keepin them blue buggers at bay. I'm reassurin my crew that this is a bigger contribution than what little help we'd be offerin in our Sallie or even my Recycler. I'll get her up soon boss. She'll get us a bit o' payback for our fallen brothers, I'm sure of that.

[Image: ScyllaBridge-1.png]
Pages: 1 2