Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Gunboat protecting Liberty enemies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

From - Starchaser
Location - Planet Manhattan
To - Trinity

As I were holding a Liberty Police ID, had travelled along a trade-lane only for it to be disrupted by a Lane Hacker and a Rogue, I felt I was well within my rights to engage without warning because their intentions were clearly such of a pirate. You decided that it was as much your place to open fire upon me because you felt it was not my place to attack those pirates. You are in no position to uphold Liberty Law, that is the job of LPI, LN and LSF, not a Mercenary. Further to this, you are piloting a Liberty Gunboat but were protecting two enemies of Liberty. Where is the logic in this? Personally, I think you are actually hiding behind that Gunboat, this I suspect even more after you delivered some Xeno pilots to another Xeno that was clearly acting hostile towards New York. Why would the pilot of a Liberty Gunboat do such a thing? These ships were built to protect Liberty, not aide it's enemies.

TRANSMISSION CLOSED
From - Trinity
Location - Planet Manhattan
To - Starchaser

Sir you forget that I stated SEVERAL times that I do not uphold Liberty law, at least not intentionally. I am a Mercenary, if I decide to help someone, I will. I do not like to see those using Police Transponders in Heavy Tankers attacking a gunship that clearly was not doing anything. Equipped only with missile turrets, I highly doubt it could do much damage to you, as I saw when he shot a volley at you after you took his shield down to roughly 40%.
Even the Southern Alliance got involved, and simply stated that I should not try enforce Liberty law, which I do not. He also stated that you should not fire upon pirates if they do not fire upon you, which makes common sense.

So sir, if you would like to get your own facts straight before accusing others of acting unjustly, then maybe you won't have this issue again.

- Trinity
Very well Trinity, based upon your response I will retract my accusation that you were defending an enemy, rather you were defending those that you believed to be innocent at the time.

However, in my defence I must point out that they disrupted the lane, this was clear intentions of piracy. In my opinion, disrupting a trade lane is essentially an attack [With this said, isn't there a rule about shields, might be this 40% you mention?]. In fact, those trade lanes are the property of Liberty Police and therefore one or both of these individuals attacked LPI by firing at the trade lane ring.

If your intentions are indeed in the interests of innocents, then I would like us to be able to work along-side each other, if such a time because necessary of course, and to put this matter behind us.
I have found that often my missiles might go astray in a fire fight and would impact upon a nearby Trade Lane, disrupting them unfortunately. While I am not making any excuses for the people involved, I do know that the SA and LSF have seen this happen and have waved it off as an acident. It does upset trade however so it probably is an act of hostility against the LPI.

I apologize for this entire situation but as I said, I do not like seeing innocents die.
So shall we agree to leave it at this? No need to go on bandying words that have already been heard after all.
Oh, this was no accident, their intentions were quite clear as there was nothing else to fire at (btw, this happened further down the lane than where you found us). In any case, I'm satisfied with your response so there is indeed nothing else to be said.